Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Games/activities for 4.5y/o

I am posting this much too late really as mindee only here for hols, but I am struggling to get mindee to do anything but play with trains ... all day!! He doesn't want to do any crafts, drawing, messy play, playdough, just trains - he must be bored stiff!!

I would like to do some sort of game that I can play with him, so bingo or snap/pairs or something - any ideas grately received, thanks!!

Sep2006
    Post Thanks / Like

my 4.5 yr olds are actually just the same, they would much rather play with the cars and car mat than anything.

I personally let them get on with it, I offer craft recycling eith paint, glue and tissue paper and encourage them to make rockets/castles etc... but really thats it

Francesca

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink as the saying goes...

Make sure you offer a well resourced environment with opportunities for lots of different types of play.

During snack or lunch times talk about the opportunities available for play - things you are leaving out for the children to access etc.

When you do your song and reading sessions leave out the puppets, books etc that you use for independent play later.

Work round the children's interests... trains could lead to train tracks in the paint, looking at wheels on things etc.

Hth