outside area
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: outside area

Post Thanks / Like

Default outside area

Hi all

Not sure if this is the right place.. sorry if its not!!!

I want to develop my outside patio area.. anyone got any ideas? I want to put a cover it so i can use it in all weathers. But im stuck!! I have a chalk board. Easel and table that i put activities on. But im stuck now.

Further down the garden i have a constuction site, water wall, threading and tieing, pots and pans to be hit. Sand pit (which i would move up) .

But the patio is so boring... any ideas? Its not a huge space but big enough to develop???

Thanks xx

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How about some waterproof beanbags (for sitting on - not throwing) and a box of old books so children can enjoy reading outside too. Just try to duplicate some of the indoor activities outside - mark making - chalks (you have) how about paint pens and rolls of lining paper - construction type materials, I have couple of boxes of Jenga bricks I got cheap in charity shop outside, tray of gravel for driving cars through or digging in.

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have three builders trays on my patio in which I put different things to play with. At the moment I have compost, water and paint but I change them weekly. How about a mud kitchen? Or maybe an area for small world like train track or play farm? You'd have to get it out each day as it wouldn't be water proof. I'm looking at my outside area in terms of what can be left out there and what can be used even in the rain.
    Like my ideas on Facebook 'Play, naturally'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    I have three builders trays on my patio in which I put different things to play with. At the moment I have compost, water and paint but I change them weekly. How about a mud kitchen? Or maybe an area for small world like train track or play farm? You'd have to get it out each day as it wouldn't be water proof. I'm looking at my outside area in terms of what can be left out there and what can be used even in the rain.
    Instead of a mud kitchen i have my constuction site with bricks, wood and mud i think i will get another tray and have some more water play. I have my plants. I wad thinking of a white board to..
    Its so hard to keep it interesting!!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Am i the only childminder saying loudly MUD KITCHEN!!!!!!!!!!!! sand castles yes.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Am i the only childminder saying loudly MUD KITCHEN!!!!!!!!!!!! sand castles yes.
    I can't do it either I wrote about it in a blog recently but I still can't bring myself to do it

Sand, water, silly soap and all the rest are fine

Why not decorate your area to make it look brighter - double laminate the children's minibeast pictures for an instant outside display

7. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to finish my garden so I can create a mud kitchen- the kids love playing in the mud and making me mud tea with worms lol

may 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't do a mud kitchen either! The mere thought makes he feel yukky! Sand is enough for me, along with water, foam soap and cloud dough (moon sand). I don't mind compost, but not mud! Especially with worms NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! x

10. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    No no no ... love mud kitchens but i didnt want to go with everyone else thats why i have a mud building site!! It has loads of 'natural stuff' in there. Plus my children to creat a mud, sand and pasta ans rice kitchen anyway ha ha!!!

Saw a nicrle idea tho. Get a 2 pint plastuc milk bottle and cut the handle off and put some compost in and then attach it to the fance. Each child can have their own and watch there own flowers grow xx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by green4lynn View Post
    I can't do a mud kitchen either! The mere thought makes he feel yukky! Sand is enough for me, along with water, foam soap and cloud dough (moon sand). I don't mind compost, but not mud! Especially with worms NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! x
    Our mud kitchen is really a "compost" kitchen then, as I supply a bucket of compost for the children to use as I don't want them digging up the newly planted vegetable seeds!