Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Like others, I found the forum by 'accident' whilst I was surfing the internet 'researching' becoming a childminder again.
    Things had changed a lot from the first time I'd registered!
    I started off as an observer at first, like so many of us, reading the highlights, and lowlights, of minding.

At the time, I was also dealing with some pretty heavy personal stuff, when I saw the Grannygate thread, and the subsequent comments had me in stitches.
    That post was the first thing that had made me physically laugh out loud for a long time.

The more I read, the more information I wanted, and I got it all right here.
    The basis of my policies came from here, some specifics of my fees policy came from a number of posts from one member here, my paperwork has grown and developed from the basis of several other members hard work and the sharing of that hard work here - I only wish I'd made a note now of who contributed what before I re jigged it to suit me and my setting so I could thank them all (Yes Sarah, I shall be doing that in future and putting it in my SEF )
    I've also been fortunate enough to meet some members recently, and that's been such a pleasant experience, especially as I've then been able to thank them personally for help they've given either knowingly or unknowingly through the forum.

I now have a 'childminding' bookmark, with several sub folders so I can go back to the various links posted by members, things like DofE/EYFS stuff, Blogs, Crafts and Activities, Shopping sites, Colouring Pages, Recipes, etc.
    I started off wondering how I was ever going to fill the day keeping the LO's occupied, now I want to ask parents to collect later so we can fit it all in!

The biggest feeling I have here, is the sense of community. No one understands or 'gets' this job in the outside world, or the effect it can have on our home life, so when it's been a bad day, we can offload with people that understand, when it's been a good day, we can share with people that also appreciate our joy, when we get 'political' we can come here to find the most recent information, when we need direction over paperwork, rules or regulations, someone always has an answer or something to share, when we need support or advice in our personal life we can pop into the lounge, and when we just want to 'switch off' .....

....we end up on a childminding forum where there's always an idea or two to add to the growing list of 'must do's'

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

I love coming here, it's so full of advice and everyone is so friendly. It's great to cha with people who understand the stresses we face and just to get some often much needed tips...

May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Forum

I have picked up some really good advice and tips from this site. I am a newly registered Childminder and am learning a lot at the moment.

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been a member of the forum for that long, but I know I can always rely on the members to provide support and advice when needed. Also there are lots of brilliant ideas being shared and it is obvious that everyone is passionate about becoming the best childminder they can be.

June 12
    Non childminder member
    I AM a childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, what can I say other than if it wasn't for this forum, I doubt very much that I would have gone into childminding at all. I found the forum when looking for more information about childminding and that's exactly what I found along with some great advice and the knowledge that there would always be someone there to answer my questions (no matter how silly they sound). It's great to be able to talk to people who know exactly what you're on about.
    Thanks guys!

Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default LOVE Childminding Forum because ...

whenever I need help this is where I can get it from! New and old childminders join and alot of experience get passed around. I enjoy reading through old threads when researching, it gives me loads of ideas on what to do or what Im looking for.
    I also love the chilcare.co.uk website as Im always looking for parents seeking childcare. I'm not a gold member so would love this opportunity to become one!

7. Likes Richard liked this post
    Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For me I love to read about all of the different issues faced by minders all over the uk. I know that doing all this reading will help me deal with any issues I might have in the future. It is also great to realise we are all facing the same situations and to get so many different opinions and ways of dealing with it.
    The forum is also fab when I need a bit of a laugh and joke with people who understand our need for grown up chat sometimes

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Some good answers in there

Keep adding your answers for your chance of winning one of those fantastic prizes

Remember make it as interesting and detailed as you can

Post Thanks / Like

I have been registered since the beginning of the year and as much as I love my job it can sometimes be quite isolating being around little people all day (gorgeous as they are!) discovering this site has made me feel less 'alone' and I have a feeling that I'm going to become a regular!!!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What I like best

Quite simply it is the only support I have received. I found it so difficult to get answers to very simple questions; from the internet and even from Ofsted (who have refused to advise me on several questions). I was able to get specific advice when registering from people who have been running for years. People were so friendly and went out of their way to be supportive. Most importantly I have been able to link up with people who are are the same stage as me andwe have supported each other and have kept in touch. Based on the positive experience I certainly feel that as I get more experience in the childminding world I will come back and offer others the support that I received. Thank you!!!! :-)

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I love the fact that there are so many knowledgeable and friendly people here on the forum, and that you are never made to feel that your questions are silly - no matter how many times they have already been asked!

People are so friendly and helpful - and the forum is here no matter what silly time in the middle of the night you may be up and worrying about something!

july 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face newby

hello,i have just joined the forum.i have been child minding for 16 years,i am looking forward to reading other child minders opinions and experiences

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't still be childminding today if it wasn't for this group. You helped me reach Outstanding - a 1 in everything, and have got me through the hard times!! You have been an absolute god send i wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for this group! 8 yrs later, i am still sitting here pondering over paperwork, cursing under my breath, but when i play in the garden this afternoon under the sprinkler with the babies it will all be worth it!
    xxxxxx

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

This forum is awesome. It may be one of my best buddies lol. I'm pre reg but have found sooo much helpful advice and support from forum members its been brilliant. I have never felt shy about asking any of my questions no matter how silly they were (how to spell Ofsted being one of them, lol) i've had soo many questions I think I'm almost up to 300 post now. In fact this could be my 300th post so thank you for making me feel so welcome and supporting me on my journey so far.

Not only has the forum helped me in my journey to become a childminder but I believe you have helped me be a better mum. Today my kids have enjoyed breaking dinosaurs out of frozen ice, painting using toy cars rolled in paint and water play with old bits of guttering. None of these ideas came from me they are all off the forum. So a big thank you from my kiddies too.

Just realised I haven't answered the question ha ha typical me. The best bit of the forum is you guys and gals. Thank you all. (i can't find a kiss emoticon so this will have to do)

Pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Been an observer now can't wait to get involved !

I have been reading this forum for a couple of years and it helped me to make my mind up about becoming a childminder. I've just joined so I can now post so I am excited to get to know some new people! I just had a little boy so I am using this time to plan by business with the help of all the fab advice in the forum. Such kind words and brilliant advice with no judgement encouraged me to join up and get involved. So glad your here! X

feb 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Competition

I am a newly registered childminder and i'm really greatful for this site it has helped me through, I am currently awaiting my first inspection any day now and I have been using the forum a lot to get tips and advice so I don't know where I would be without it.

Thanks everyone x

01/2008
    Post Thanks / Like

The Childminding Forum is a great place to chat, ask advice and other peoples opinions-you always get a varied response but it is great to draw on other peoples experiences it really helps especially in these times of confusion and uncertainty. It is a great place to share lovely moments that we have with our children and to show how proud we are of what we do.
    Good luck to everyone x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I found the forum just after I'd been given my outstanding grading. I'd never really bothered looking for anything to do with childminding before, but after my shock result (I really wasn't expecting it!) I felt inspired to see what was out there.

I stumbled across the forum and was drawn in straight away. To be honest, my first thought was that I was so glad I hadn't found the forum before my inspection! There was so much information and advice that it made me feel quite inadequate - I think I'd have tied myself in knots trying to take on all the ideas I read about.

Everything I saw I thought "ooh, I should do that". I was introducing more & more ideas until it became unworkable. I then took a step back and realised that although there were a lot of really fabulous ideas, I didn't have to implement all of them! I learnt to pick & chose the ones that worked for me. That's one of the things I love about the forum. We're all so different and work in such different ways. We can totally agree on somethings, then totally disagree on others - what a boring forum if we were all the same!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Forum is very useful

Hi I started looking through this forum a few years ago. It as been very useful for when I have been looking for some advice and support, sometimes just reading other peoples threads have helped.

It has also been usful for studying my degree, looking at other people opinions and resesrching this to help write my essays.

Thanks again for being there when i needed support. xxx

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Competition

I have recently completed my childminding course and it was helped massively due to the vast experience and advice that was available on this site! A massive thank you to all who post as you never know how many people you may actually reach and how helpful it is. Big Thanks!!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast