Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  71
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Comp

I love the forum because it has the most friendly, helpful and nicest members that are always willing to share info and advice with you. It's helped me grow my childminding business and helped me feel more confident with all the paperwork side of things. It's just a fab and friendly forum that I love and couldn't be without xx

Post Thanks / Like

Default Competition

Hi,
    my name is Steph Edwards, i have recently joined the childminding forum, i have found it to be a very useful resource for getting information on how to get help in starting up a childminding business and what forms i need etc. it has been my lifeline in information and resources for childminding. i cant say enough how much i appreciate this service being available to someone like me who knows nothing about business or where to start.

what i like best about this forum is in fact the forum itself, that i can come online and chat to others like myself who are having the same issues problems, thoughts, feelings etc as myself. we can chat and exchange ideas and information on all that pertains to our businesses ...this i believe helps better the service that we can provide to our clients the parents and most importantly all the children out there who benefit from childminders everywhere can benefit also from this forum just being available to people like me

Nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello and Thank U

Hi
    Ive recently joined the childminding forum to be able to post but have used it several times since nov (when I became a registered childminder) to look up info I needed to know / was unsure about - seeing posts makes me feel part of a community and not alone and I feel a bit more confident as a childminder who is really just starting out into the childminding world - so thank you very much to all xx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I am new but i like that i could come here and ask for advice if i needed it.

I also like to read other peoples posts in their situations and how they handle it so I can take note if something ever comes up

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

The advice, support and friendship on this forum that makes such a big difference to my life and career.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Competition

Hi,
    My name is Rosa, I have recently joined the childminding forum , I think this Forum is great because it has given me the best advice since I have joined .I’m in the process of registration for Childminding business. This forum helped me feel more confident and secure also there is always someone there ready to give advice and support .Thank you

Jun 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this forum because its a great place to visit when you get the rare 5 minutes to yourself! You can come on here to vent, to seek advice (and not just for childminding related topics!) and to gain support. I love it, I love hearing about issues that other childminders tackle and feel more confident in what I do after reading replies. Ive sometime been touched by the support that some of you offer to others and really feels like we pull together on here as a community of childminders, I just love it!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Competition

Hi,
    My name is Rosa, I have recently joined the childminding forum ,This is great because it has given me the best advice since I have joined.I’m in the process of registration for Childminding business. This forum helped me feel more confident and secure also there is always someone there ready to give advice and support .Thank you

Nov 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Competition

The Forum keeps me up-to-date with current childminding rules and regulations. It also helps me ensure my business is the best it can be, through the sharing of ideas and exchange of excellent practice, and I am quite sure I would not have gained my 2 Outstanding Ofsted inspection grades without the help, advice and support of the Childminding Forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Best thing about childminding forum it helps keep me up to date with my Buiseness so i know whats going on and also gives helpful advice and ideas
    and suggestions of courses that may help also giving names of providers of training

Non childminder member
    Childcare practition
    Post Thanks / Like

Default reply to childminding forum

hi

I just recently registered, and I am in the process of becoming a childminder. I believe the forum will give me the opportunity to enquire, get knowledge and relevant information about becoming an outstanding childminder. Also it will help me to connect with childminders and communicate and get responses to my questions.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read all the posts on this thread but am adding my own. I was that nervous traveller Rickysmiths mentioned in the first post - so glad I made the leap of faith and she met me at Victoria (and I ignored my teen daughters advice too!) I am now a happy London visitor and have met her and others again - about time we had another get together - more ice creams and cake!

I also found the forum by searching for help online when the original EYFS came out and I didn't know where to start with policies and procedures. This took me to Sarahs website and a link to the forum, I was hooked and have been ever since. Sarah particularly has been such a help to me as without her and the forum I would have given up in 2011 when I had a complaint made against me. I was desperate and without the forum I honestly do not know where I would be now. (Advice and support was second to none and it would be lovely to meet her one day) The complaint was unfounded and I was back working very quickly, the emotional scars are harder to heal but with the friends I have made on the forum I know I am going to carry on doing what I love.

Thanks to all involved in the forum over the years, long may it continue. Cheers to old friends and new
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Post Thanks / Like

The best thing about this forum is that it feels like friends and often when you have a question someone else asks and the answer magically appears for you, like little fairies typing what you need to know!

parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile I get the essential support and friendship from childminders which is invaluable!

Finding this forum was absolutely essential for me, especially when I am just about to start with childminding and need all the good ideas and recomendations which are always best from people who live it! It already gave me a few great ideas. I am happy I know about this site and I will be a regular here! Thank you ever so much! :-)

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I found the forum by accident when I was searching for some help on my level 3 course and have kept on coming back ever since. But it is not just the great advice, ideas and support that have meant I keep coming back but the chance to give something back to the people who have helped me through the times when being a childminder has been funny, tough and worthwhile. For me the forum is all about support in one way or another either through sharing experiences or ideas, supporting each other through the good, the bad and the ugly or just popping in for a brief chat when we have an elusive spare 5 mins!

It is immensely addictive and has allowed me to feel part of a community who doesn't judge me, is always there to help and support me in what ever way they can and allows me to do the same even when I am dressed in my jimjams!

Sam x

Post Thanks / Like

Finding this site has literally been a lifeline to me. I have found myself increasingly unhappy in my work as a teacher, and missing my toddler every day whilst as work, missing so many firsts. It literally got to the point where I was coming home in tears every night, seeing my boy for half an hour before putting him to bed then doing 4 hours of paperwork a night. After spending precious little time with my other half either I reached a point where I had to make some important decisions regarding our immediate future as a family. I love the work I do with children but would feel I'd wasted a lot of time, money and training if I changed away from teaching or childcare. A friend recommended childminding and this was a totally new area to me. I didn't have the foggiest where to begin, or what I'd need or already be able to utilise. At a time where I am feeling most run-down, stressed, busy and inundated with end of year reports, assessments, evaluations, progress meetings, subject analysis etc. I needed a "one-stop-shop" for information. This is it. Everyone I have spoken to on here has been really informative and supportive, I have found answers to all my questions and genuinely feel I am making an informed decision for my future. With a mortgage to pay and toddler it's been very important for me to "play it safe" and stay as secure as possible but this website has been invaluable to help me "take a risk" and follow my heart. I know it will play a crucial part in, especially, my first year when I start childminding in January. It has removed a lot of the confusion and panic that's associated with starting a new business. The website tackles the more negative side of childminding as well as the positive which is invaluable as I find from reading about the challenges others face and how they tackle these, this will help me improve my practice and be much more prepared.

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am part of the best childminders community!

I love the support on here, no one understands my childminding problems like the childminders on here do.

The advice is excellent, things I would never have thought of, I am grateful to be part of this strong community of childminders!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best thing about this forum is...

it's somewhere to share ideas and work through any issues with like-minded peeps

Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Always being able to find an answer, whatever the question or time of day!

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Instant Understanding

I love the idea of forum as they provide an oportunity for making friends, shareing ideas and seeking advice. It lovely to talk to like minded people and to hear they are dealing with similar problems. Looking forward to gettying involved.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast