Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love some big rolls of plain paper so i can cut off as much/little as needed each time

I spend about £20 a month on craft resouces

i worry that the bigger children tend to do more craft than the little ones

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What would you like in an everyday art and craft kit for your childminding
    business?

I would like individual PVA glue bottles, pritt sticks that stay sticky, glittler ( I am finding this hard to get hold of lately) gems, coloured lolly pop sticks, lots of cut out shapes, pom poms, and pipe cleaners, plus lots of different coloured paper, primary coloured paints

What is your monthly budget for art and craft items?

£10-20, but i spend a lot more when there are big festivals etc to celebrate.

What are your main concerns (if any) about doing art and craft with
    children?

Smaller children eating things, so lots of non toxic craft bits are essential

Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

business?
    lots of coloured paper and card PGA glue and glue sticks, crayons felt tips, collage materials aprons table mats.
    Around £20 per month
    children?
    Materials appropriate for children's use, making sure little ones stay safe while exploring the materials close supervision
    Jo Jo

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    We've got 3 £50 vouchers for Artful Dodgers to give away in a fabulous forum
    competition.

Artful Dodgers supply a huge range of arts and crafts materials to
    nurseries, registered childminders and playgroups and would like to hear how they can help you with you arts and crafts activities.

To enter the competition just answer these 3 questions:

business?

children?

We'll pick 3 lucky winners at random after the closing date of 31st October
    2012 and will announce the winners in this thread.

For more information on Artful Dodgers visit their website at
    Artful Dodgers - Nursery and Educational Supplies
    1. Coloured paper, glue sticks, little pots of PVA with glue sticks, chalks, crayons, stickers, sequins, buttons, foam shapes, tissue paper, shiny materials, pipe cleaners, gems and pom poms

2. I usually spend about £50 at the beginning of each term

3. Paint that actually washes out without staining hands, table and carpet!

Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder that this competition ends at 11:59pm tonight so if you would like to enter please do so before this time!

Richard
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the entries. This competition has now closed and the winners are eddie, jane5 and sharonmanc who each win a £50 voucher to spend at Artful Dodgers - Nursery and Educational Supplies

Congratulations to all the winners and thank you for all the entiries.

Richard
    Childcare.co.uk
    www.childcare.co.uk

7. Likes Greengrass74, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like

Please can the 3 winners PM me with their email addresses so the voucher prize can be sent to you.

Thanks

Richard
    Childcare.co.uk
    www.childcare.co.uk

JUL 08
    Post Thanks / Like

well done winners

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yayyy, I am one of the winners, just logged into a new private message from Richard and I am smiling this much
    Thank you to Artful Dodgers and the forum

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a message from Susie at Artful Dodgers:

Thank you to everyone who took part in this survey. Congratulations to the winners. I look forward to sending you details of how to claim your vouchers once Richard has let me have them.

I’d like to take this opportunity to address some of the concerns you’ve raised which I hope will help you with your planning of art and craft activities.

Toxicity of materials – make sure you buy paint, glue etc. that is suitable for young children. The products we provide have been used in schools and nurseries for years. However, if you’d like data sheets on products please contact us and we’ll be happy to supply them to you. Good brands to look out for are: Brian Clegg and Scola.

Stains – Paint will stain unless you get to it quickly. If you can wash it out before it dries you should be fine. It’s harder work if it dries. The best thing is to avoid the paint getting onto the wrong thing in the first place – easier said than done when you’re dealing with small children!

There is more information on our blog about removing stains from a wide range of surfaces and made by a variety of materials: stain removal | Artful Dodgers

Here are some suggestions to help you avoid mess. Some won’t be appropriate to your situation but hopefully it might help you think up your own solutions:

1. Make sure the children and yourself to wear aprons.

2. Tell parents you’ll be painting/doing messy work and ask them to put children in clothes or supply a set of clothes they won’t mind getting paint on. Planning and clear communication with parents will really help.

3. Paint at a table or on an easel – this means the paint has less chance of getting under the apron.

4. Use splash mats or cloths on the floor and table.

5. Use non-spill pots.

6. Establish firm rules for when you are doing messy work.

7. Teach the children that the paint should only be in the pot/pallet, on the brush or on the paper/artwork. Praise the children when they are doing it right.

8. Teach the children to wash their hands before touching anything else – have a bowl of soapy water and towel to hand.

Choking hazards – avoid small items unless you can supervise closely. Buy/make large collage items from card, felt, remnant fabric etc. Use old clothes, packaging and other items will help keep costs down so you can use your budget for things you have to buy.

Glitter – if you hate glitter because it gets everywhere – two tidier solutions are glitter paint and glitter gel. Not totally mess free but you get the glitz without having glitter all over your house.

Drying artwork – this is a real problem if you’ve not got much space. You may wish to invest in a fold down drying rack where you can stack pictures in a small space.

Process more important than product – you’ll have to educate parents on this one I’m afraid. On our website there are a couple of articles you may find helpful: Art v Craft – Know the Difference Artful Dodgers - Nursery and Educational Supplies and How Children’s Drawing Develops http://www.artfuldodgers.co.uk/pdf/childartisgreat.pdf . Hopefully these will help when it comes to managing parents expectations. Feel free to print out or direct parents to them.

Making art with children is so worthwhile and you all seem keen to do it. If there is anyway Artful Dodgers can help please don’t hesitate to contact me susan@artfuldodgers.co.uk
    Childcare.co.uk
    www.childcare.co.uk

13. Likes sharonmanc, eddie liked this post
    oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lovely advice from the company, thank you!

Just placed my order, very nice and easy and the lady was really lovely! Will definitely be working my way through the wish list I have built up by browsing on their site!

oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just received my parcel - lovely quick service and the LOs are busy playing with the bits and pieces(and probably the box later!).

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been on holiday this week and had no Internet connection so I havnt been able to come on here.

I have just logged on to get a message from Richard saying I am one of the winners, I'm very excited
    Jane xxx

17. Likes sharonmanc liked this post
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It was lovely to speak to Susan on the phone when i was choosing our bits and pieces, a great service,and i have now seen so much that we could use, so will be shopping there again, plus they are Manchester based, so nice to support a business local to me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123