Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i like this forum as it has helped me with my business ranging from eyfs, to policies to oftsed visit, to just asking a question and almost instantly getting a reply and advice, the free resources are fab as are the people on here shraring thier experiences and knowlegde

gotta agree wit others a iphone app lol

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    To improve it a home button would save me having to wear out my back button

Just click the logo Fussy

Or, just to the left of where you log in, you will see a row of links:

The first one is the home page "Childminding Forum" > next is the forum you are in > next is the section of the forum you are in > next is the thread you are in

You can use any of those to go backwards and forwards

This isn't an entry to the competition Richard - just helping out
    Pauline x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WibbleWobble View Post
    And have an app for iPhones etc - i was actually looking into this just as the announcement was made about Richard taking over. I was in communication with my daughter who was looking at how much and how for me. If it had been a reasonable amount i had thought of a whip round to get the ball started for Pauline....ah well great plans eh?

Love Wibble xxxxx
    Ah bless you. Although cost wasn't the problem, I had found some cheap apps, it was getting the coding into the site that was the headache
    Pauline x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Regarding change how about an area/link on the forum where registered childminders are able to log in using their ofsted reg number and a password, this would then be an area for only childminders to share comments, stories etc stopping the concern that some have shown regarding non childminders seeing post
    Hope Richard doesn't mind me butting in again I hope it will help him when considering all these great ideas. Using Ofsted numbers to get access to member areas has been suggested quite often but I cannot see how it would work.

The hardest part of using your Ofsted reg number to log in would be proving it was yours. How would Richard know ,or be able to check, that the person claiming to be a registered childminder with number 123456 was indeed who they said they were?

For instance, I could go on the Ofsted website now and find a registration number, from the report I could gain a good idea of where that person was from but there is nothing that would confirm the name of the childminder so I could come along here, claim to be the childminder from Anytown with registration number 123456 and get access to the member area that you suggest. But the real owner would then be locked out.

Or I might even know a childminder's number, where s/he lived and even their name. I could be another childminder, a parent, someone malicious - I could get here before them and be registered as her/him before they came along. There are some devious people out there

Does that make sense?
    Pauline x

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    Hope Richard doesn't mind me butting in again I hope it will help him when considering all these great ideas. Using Ofsted numbers to get access to member areas has been suggested quite often but I cannot see how it would work.

The hardest part of using your Ofsted reg number to log in would be proving it was yours. How would Richard know ,or be able to check, that the person claiming to be a registered childminder with number 123456 was indeed who they said they were?

For instance, I could go on the Ofsted website now and find a registration number, from the report I could gain a good idea of where that person was from but there is nothing that would confirm the name of the childminder so I could come along here, claim to be the childminder from Anytown with registration number 123456 and get access to the member area that you suggest. But the real owner would then be locked out.

Or I might even know a childminder's number, where s/he lived and even their name. I could be another childminder, a parent, someone malicious - I could get here before them and be registered as her/him before they came along. There are some devious people out there

Does that make sense?
    also depending on whether ofsted.cssiw.care commission.
    not sure how ofsted numbers are, but with cssiw ours begin with 2 letters so AS5930294556 {not a valid number lol} so if ofsted are only numbers then it wont accept our numbers etc.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the forum because

Of the amount I have learnt since I became a member.
    I have made some wonderful friends...Some I have had the pleasure of meeting.

I can honestly say I have almost Wee'd myself laughing at times, with the fantanstic banta that goes on.

There is always friendly advice and sympathy when needed.

Its one big Happy family.....Thanks to Pauline and Grahams hard work. and Our very own Angel of course.

God Bless our Wonderful Forum.
    x
    Needs to Zumba

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    Just click the logo Fussy

Or, just to the left of where you log in, you will see a row of links:

The first one is the home page "Childminding Forum" > next is the forum you are in > next is the section of the forum you are in > next is the thread you are in

You can use any of those to go backwards and forwards

This isn't an entry to the competition Richard - just helping out
    Thank you Pauline 3 years I have been a member and i didnt know this.

there you are Richard my request is solved without winning so i will change mine to the app too but could we make it an android one too please
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

No problem at all Pauline

I don't think it is a good idea to have people login with their Ofsted numbers for the reasons Pauline has mentioned.

I'm currently looking into ways of providing an iPhone and Android app for the forum. At the moment I like the look of http://www.forumrunner.net/?p=branding as that would seem to offer everything we would need.

Would appreciate any comments on this.

Richard
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

I love the friendliness of the forum and the fact that someone out there always has good advice for whatever problem you have or there will already have been a thread about it if you search.

I would like to see a 'like' or a 'thanks' button so that you can tell people when you have appreciated their comments.
    The other thing I'd like to see is a part of the forum where it would be possible to 'hide' your forum name. Sometimes you need advice on very delicate or disturbing subjects, but because there are always other forum users that know us in real life, this can throw confidentiality issues into the mix. I know it is possible to register with an anonymous log-in, but if others are like me, for the few occasions I'd need it I would have forgotten what my 'anonymous' log-in was.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

I don't think it is a good idea to have people login with their Ofsted numbers for the reasons Pauline has mentioned.

I'm currently looking into ways of providing an iPhone and Android app for the forum. At the moment I like the look of http://www.forumrunner.net/?p=branding as that would seem to offer everything we would need.

Richard
    We had been doing quite a bit of research and I agree Forum Runner looked the best so far.
    Pauline x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sillysausage View Post
    I love the friendliness of the forum and the fact that someone out there always has good advice for whatever problem you have or there will already have been a thread about it if you search.

I would like to see a 'like' or a 'thanks' button so that you can tell people when you have appreciated their comments.
    The other thing I'd like to see is a part of the forum where it would be possible to 'hide' your forum name. Sometimes you need advice on very delicate or disturbing subjects, but because there are always other forum users that know us in real life, this can throw confidentiality issues into the mix. I know it is possible to register with an anonymous log-in, but if others are like me, for the few occasions I'd need it I would have forgotten what my 'anonymous' log-in was.
    You can always confidentially ask a moderator to post a question on your behalf

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has expressed my views on why the forum is great and I cant add anything else !! What I love most about the forum is that it feels like home.

The 30 second search thing drives me mad!!I like to use 'new posts' and look to see what a reply was - it takes only a few seconds sometimes

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Richard
    I suppose that's my chance of winning the competition gone then

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I suppose that's my chance of winning the competition gone then
    Anyone who makes makes a suggestion in the thread will be qualify for entry into the competition draw. It doesn't matter what the idea is or if anyone else has said something similar.

Thanks for all the entries so far.

Richard
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

apr 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default forum

What more can we say..... its great, i love reading all the threads and learning from them and everybody. Everyone is fantastic, so helpful and willing to share ideas. Thank you all xxx

Post Thanks / Like

I love the forum for ALL the reasons everyone else has said!!! It is great to get advice when you aren't sure of something, even if you think it is just you having a "blonde" moment, no one ever minds!!

I have had lots of support from people I don't actually know and that means an awful lot!!!

Improvements, as suggested a like button or thanks button would be good!! Failing that arranging for coffee and cake to be delivered by George Clooney every morning would do

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the fact that the forum is here 24/7, so it really stops me from feeling lonely. We laugh together and cry together and become better childminders together. This forum has really helped me improve the quality of my care and the lives of the mindees and my own child. We can ask ANYTHING without fear of being judged.

The thirty second wait can be a little annoying sometimes when the little ones are due to wake from their nap. Sometimes older posts are a bit tricky to locate through the 'key word', but I'm not sure that could be improved, maybe that's just me. A 'like' button would be fun. Thank you.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

the 30 second wait is a pain - if it needs a wait, is 20 enough for whatever reason?

as I said before though - I love the forum as it is
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Without this forum I wouldn't have met my good friend Manjay and I wouldn't have gone on to study for my foundation degree with her as support

We both got distinctions and are now preparing to start our top-up in October.

Thank you forum

I would like more smileys please

aly Guest

forum runner is good, and i also use tapatalk ...***** use tapatalk and also a hsuky forum im a member of.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast