Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i treat the forum like a "staff room"....i can have a moan, speak of my fears, say something funny etc. I have never been put down and am always made to feel comfortable.

Childminding is a very lonely job (adult company wise) and this forum is a lifeline for a lot of people.

what would make it better? Hmmmmm

A like button
    Reduce the wait to check posts (the 30 seconds gets on my wick- i am a fast reader)
    And have an app for iPhones etc - i was actually looking into this just as the announcement was made about Richard taking over. I was in communication with my daughter who was looking at how much and how for me. If it had been a reasonable amount i had thought of a whip round to get the ball started for Pauline....ah well great plans eh?

Love Wibble xxxxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I like that I can come here and get advice within minutes!
    I would like there to be a thank you button under posts x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the fact that no matter what time of day or night you log in there is always someone online to chat too.

Improvements : this has been run so well and efficiently by Pauline and administrated by Angel and Sarah it is hard to think of anything at the moment but there was a button that took you straight to your messages/profile change and I struggle to find it most of the time. (probably looking in the wrong place though!), so a bit more visibility for me please
    Debbie

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

What I like about the forum:

I like the fact that when I had. My inspection the forum is the first place I went to tell everyone how it went

I like the fact that when I had my complaints everyone offered support and helped where they could

I like that everyone is excited when we see bargain toys and doesn't say oh you've got one like that already

I like that I have made some real real friends (lots of them) and some real virtual friends too.

I do not like the way my phone bill has gone up since I talk to heaven scent everyday.

I like that everyone understand what being a childminder is, and that we don't sit and watch jezza eating chocolate biscuits and drinking hot tea

I like that everyone has an opinion and isn't afraid to tell it, but we all have one thing at heart, the welfare of our next generation.

What I would change, I would love an app. A like button and to get rid of the 30s rule too

JUL 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the forum because it is one massive happy family. Everyone respects one another, listening, offering advice and making everyone feel welcome.
    What would i change...........how do you change perfection

04 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I love everything about the forum, it has all been said already

I would llike to be able to flag a thread to follow the conversation without getting emails every comment, I would also love a like button
    [I]Sharon
    *****proofed the house but they're still getting in!!

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What I like:

That the majority of parents don't come here so I too can treat the forum like a staff room

That 'trolls' or trouble makers are spotted and dealt with pretty quick

The support and thought sharing from other members

The help and guidance provided by members like sarah707 and Penny on issues important to minding and minders
    (I wouldn't have known about a lot of the dereg stuff if it weren't for this site, as I don't see many other minders beyond the nodding 'hello' stage)

What I would like:

I too would like a 'thanks' or a 'like' button, however, it was my understanding that one of the reasons for not having one, was to encourage as many replies to a thread as possible, ie a difference of opinion or confirmation of doing something, so maybe only allowing 'time served' members (300+ posts) this option if it's possible to do that (?)

Oh, and please change the 30 second rule - I read quicker than the laptop!

Post Thanks / Like

I dont like this forum ............................... I LOVE IIIITTTT!!!!! I fell upon some time ago when searching for information and have never left. Whether the problem or question is child care related or personal there is always someone to ask and a shoulder to lean on any time day or night. I havent yet been fortunate to meet many off here but have had telephone calls with a couple who have really helped me through some sad and lonely times. As others have said you can ask as many awkward, stupid, sensible questions as you like and always get an answer or be pointed in the right direction.

I cant think of anything I would change, its Perfection xx I love love love it xx

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the support on both a CM and personal level - especially with a major complaints issue and dealing with SS and Ofsted (I was in a state and didn't know where to start, the forum saved my sanity), when my dad and MIL passed away, support was there too, meeting 'virtual' friends who I consider 'real' friends now, being ahead of our LA as far as paperwork and changes go - I always hear it here first!

I came to the forum via a link on Sarah707s website when googling policies when the EYFS first came in and have never left!

Improvements? In the words of Billy Joel - 'I love you just the way you are'
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the forum as I know I can get help and advice should I need it.
    Def a Like Button and I would like the 30 second wait to disappear as well (I'm a speed reader so it drives me up the wall)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

This forum is the friend you know is always there, even if you dont talk in a while! Its my staff room, my social zone and shoulder to cry on! All in all the only place you can find a group of people who are proud to shout out they are Professional Childminders and PROUD

I would really like a phone app for the site as I really like to childcare.co.uk phone app already

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The best thing about the forum is that I have been welcomed by everyone, which, as a man in a mainly female environment, this is not always the case. I have sometimes been made to feel really uncomfortable at times whilst on training, seminars etc, however on this forum there has been nothing but support from ALL other members, this just goes to show what a great bunch of people are on here and what a great forum.

Regarding change how about an area/link on the forum where registered childminders are able to log in using their ofsted reg number and a password, this would then be an area for only childminders to share comments, stories etc stopping the concern that some have shown regarding non childminders seeing post

jumpinjen Guest

What I like best is the friends that I have made to see in 'real life' that I would never have met if it wasn't for the forum....... Monkey are you blushing yet??!!

What would I improve? Hmmmm - maybe some more organised way of keeping track of all the great links that members put into threads and then we all lose and have to start a treasure hunt for on another thread LOL - useful for future members too and new ones, who don't even know that they needed that fab link yet!!!

Jen x

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this forum ,we all have one aim on here and that is to be a great childminder and with all the help and advice from other members and the admin

mar 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default improve

as a dinosaur where computers are ... i like how everyone helps and shares a really nice quality in you all thanks ..maybe a monthly competion like this would be good ..otherwise really happy with all you do x

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

This forum has improved the work I do as a childminder so much - the help I have recieved in terms of knowledge, experience and the dreaded paperwork necessary for Mrs O is invaluable. So many times I have discovered something I was supposed to have and didn't!

The companionship, laughs, discussions, support and expert advice has made my job a lot less lonely - I simply don't know what I do without you all!

It's perfick!

may 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I love that we can ask ANY question and always get an answer quickly. Usually I know the answer but just want the others to back me up. As they don't know the parents or children, it can stay confidential!

Also love the links to freebies and must haves! I love my Oral B Crocodile and 2nd year of potato growing!

I also like that I can share items back, I have asked for help for my NVQ and help on policies, I have also shared my policies with others

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

the childminding forum well its a place to come to chat when your sad when youre happpy when you need a friend to listen without being judged a place to get advice not just about childminding and to also come here to read help listen to others no matter whether its happy news or sad everyone is here to support each other no matter what it is day or night its a lovely place to come ive always been welcomed and have met some lovely people,Sarah,graham,angel,pauline are amazing work so hard to make this a great forum and to help each and everyone of us (ive a tear silly me)
    i think that sums up the forum for me,
    change maybe an easier way to follow a thread unless its me not knowing lol

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Regarding change how about an area/link on the forum where registered childminders are able to log in using their ofsted reg number and a password, this would then be an area for only childminders to share comments, stories etc stopping the concern that some have shown regarding non childminders seeing post
    Ooooo, I like that idea Dave!

toddlers896 Guest

I love the forum because it helped me on my way to my childminding career when I new absolutely nothing. Somebody is always there to help you no matter what and every question is answered. Without this forum I wouldnt have known about sarahs e books and i wouldnt have got the excellent grade that i did in my recent inspection. I have also met some lovely people in person but feel like I know others even if I havent met them.
    I log on frequently even if its just to keep up to date with new posts and would recommend it to anybody. Its more addictive than Facebook

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast