Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CALENDAR HELP URGENTLY

Hi
    This is my first post...so apologies in advance : )))

I've been childminding for 3 weeks and have a lovely girl who is 2 and attends full-time and i want to make a calendar for her to give to her parents and make extras for her grandparents as she doesnt see them very often.
    I was going to make 'My Handprints' on a4 paper and add the poem and use lots of different colours, glitter, add a calendar tab and laminate. Easier to do, all childs work and good to have up all year round....the problem is...

She doesnt like paint....she wont hold a brush, sponge, touch it, nothing and get quite distressed....

What can i do now???? Need help as she's only here for 3 days and then she off

Thanks for any ideas:

Pipsqueak Guest

I have one who hates paint and gets upset if they touch it.
    How about:

draw round hands

do a butterfly painting - you know paint one side (I done that) and they folded it over

or i dolloped paint on the paper and got them to blow it with a straw

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I usually draw round hands - we often look at Mehndi hand painting for inspiration too

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

How about marble painting.....

Draw around the little ones hands put the paper with the drawn hands on it into a shallowish tray/roasting dish anything similar. Have a few tubs of different colour paints with a marble in each, you take the paint coated marbles out of the pots and place them on the tray.... then help the little one to roll the marbles around by tilting the tray this way and that.

When the paint is dry cut around the hands and mount onto card and add a calendar.

Post Thanks / Like

My little ones have all made reindeer by drawing round their hands (for the antlers) and feet (for the body) - add wiggly eyes, red pompom nose and draw a mouth on. We added a poem but you could mount on card and add a small calendar at the bottom.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!