Soon to be registered CM with an agency!

Hybrid View

Simona Guest

Mmmmm....we cannot stop agencies Bunyip but what we can do is prevent cms from joining them 'if' they find support elsewhere and can be made to reflect before they abandon ship...or once aboard ....they find they want to get off?
    That would mean agencies will flop because that support is not needed.

What if an agency cm finds her support poor?

I totally understand the loyalty here but... Your example is a bit different but I see your point
    if PLA and many other organisations can support both ...I see no reason at this very moment to exclude them ?..let's try it first.

I am of the opinion that agencies themselves...or those who run them...should be excluded as their joining any support group would cause me to wonder why they need it....but that is obvious when they are looking for cms to mentor their members....unfortunately agencies are being represented already from what I can see

I am proud of my little input in breaking the 'Cms Network' monopoly and 2 tier system...do we really want to look forward to cms being against Cms?

I can't agree to that......it will break us when we are most needed.
    If this happens both DfE and Ofsted are guilty of causing the very inequality that was there in the first place and cms fought hard to remove

I will look into this and ask questions but unfortunately I cannot but feel very uncomfortable...and I hope my feelings are respected and not laughed at.

One thing I have not understood as I am not on FB...why are these agency Cms excluded theere but able to join here?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Mmmmm....we cannot stop agencies Bunyip but what we can do is prevent cms from joining them 'if' they find support elsewhere and can be made to reflect before they abandon ship...or once aboard ....they find they want to get off?
    That would mean agencies will flop because that support is not needed.

What if an agency cm finds her support poor?

I totally understand the loyalty here but... Your example is a bit different but I see your point
    if PLA and many other organisations can support both ...I see no reason at this very moment to exclude them ?..let's try it first.

I am of the opinion that agencies themselves...or those who run them...should be excluded as their joining any support group would cause me to wonder why they need it....but that is obvious when they are looking for cms to mentor their members....unfortunately agencies are being represented already from what I can see

I am proud of my little input in breaking the 'Cms Network' monopoly and 2 tier system...do we really want to look forward to cms being against Cms?

I can't agree to that......it will break us when we are most needed.
    If this happens both DfE and Ofsted are guilty of causing the very inequality that was there in the first place and cms fought hard to remove

I will look into this and ask questions but unfortunately I cannot but feel very uncomfortable...and I hope my feelings are respected and not laughed at.

One thing I have not understood as I am not on FB...why are these agency Cms excluded theere but able to join here?
    I take your point, and I'm not laughing at you. In fact, I'm not laughing one little bit when it comes to agencies.

I think we were collectively taken in by one of the regular con-tricks of the so-called "democratic process" over the introduction of agencies. We all patted ourselves on the back that, whilst agencies became a reality we were not all forced to join one. This is one of government's regular cons (and particularly well-suited to a Con-Dem coalition that consistently confused "mandate" with "absolute power").

They hinted and consequently had us believing we might be all forced into an agency. So that when we fought against being forced into agencies, they got through what they essentially wanted (ie. the creation of agencies) and "compromised" by not forcing us all to join one. We thought we'd won, but really the ConDemNation had won: it got what it wanted all along, whilst simultaneously leaving us feeling relieved that it wasn't worse than it might have been. It's one of the oldest and easiest tricks in the ruling class's book of dirty tricks.

But it doesn't mean the idea of forcing us all into agencies has gone away.

Now the regime plays the patient waiting game. Agencies get going, inspect and judge their own CM's as good (why shouldn't they?) and Ofsted starts to save money on inspections. If government can 'prove' the agency system is working and saving public money, then how long before they force us all into it? Independent CMs are a costly burden when it comes to inspecting us.

Has nobody worked out that the proposed increase in our Ofsted fees is just the beginning?

So, when we're being all nice and friendly and welcoming, and support agency CMS (or, to put it another way, we do the agencies' work for them) we're running the serious risk of making the agency scheme work and thereby contributing towards our own downfall.

Any turkeys out there wanting to vote for Christmas?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    I take your point, and I'm not laughing at you. In fact, I'm not laughing one little bit when it comes to agencies.

I think we were collectively taken in by one of the regular con-tricks of the so-called "democratic process" over the introduction of agencies. We all patted ourselves on the back that, whilst agencies became a reality we were not all forced to join one. This is one of government's regular cons (and particularly well-suited to a Con-Dem coalition that consistently confused "mandate" with "absolute power").

They hinted and consequently had us believing we might be all forced into an agency. So that when we fought against being forced into agencies, they got through what they essentially wanted (ie. the creation of agencies) and "compromised" by not forcing us all to join one. We thought we'd won, but really the ConDemNation had won: it got what it wanted all along, whilst simultaneously leaving us feeling relieved that it wasn't worse than it might have been. It's one of the oldest and easiest tricks in the ruling class's book of dirty tricks.

But it doesn't mean the idea of forcing us all into agencies has gone away.

Now the regime plays the patient waiting game. Agencies get going, inspect and judge their own CM's as good (why shouldn't they?) and Ofsted starts to save money on inspections. If government can 'prove' the agency system is working and saving public money, then how long before they force us all into it? Independent CMs are a costly burden when it comes to inspecting us.

Has nobody worked out that the proposed increase in our Ofsted fees is just the beginning?

So, when we're being all nice and friendly and welcoming, and support agency CMS (or, to put it another way, we do the agencies' work for them) we're running the serious risk of making the agency scheme work and thereby contributing towards our own downfall.

Any turkeys out there wanting to vote for Christmas?
    Yes we need to be alert that agencies will become compulsory because they save so much money to Ofsted...the main pusher and endorser of them and with a drastically reduced budget now....so cms can be their saviours and be dispensable...who is next?

You are well informed Bunyip and I share many of your points especially the point on rising Ofsted fees....they do not fool us...cms are not stupid! We have offered to cover the whole of the registration/inspection fee...so why not take that hint?
    Who is arguing against that?....the usual suspects I fear

Supporting agency cms is not doing the agency work...on the contrary is highlighting the agencies' shortcomings as many know nothing about childminding...especially Agency 12 and the likes of them such as schools who will use cms to do their work and cover the 30 hours leaving cms to do just the childcare while they take the glory for education!

Natlou....I think you have got the point and glad to hear you would offer equal support to agency cms....lets keep our minds open to this