yet to take off. To date, Ofsted has registered five
    agencies. As of June 2015, no childminders were
    registered with agencies.'

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...eport_2015.pdf

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll have a proper read tomorrow.

The bits I read did seem quite complimentary to childminders, so I hope I haven't just read the good bits!

Registered Childminder since
    May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Where can we get a hardcopy please?

Post Thanks / Like

I've skimmed it at the min, but it looks pretty good so thanks for the share. No CMs registered with an agency that calls for a big LOL!!!!

Simona Guest

This is the bit I found very interesting...incentives to bring those CMs who have resigned to come back??
    Ofsted created the crisis and now face reality when 30 hours and lack of places is looming large?
    Wilshaw did use praise for cms when last year he told parents to put their child in a school not the 'local cm'.

50. There are 15,000 childminders who have resigned their registration
    between 1 September 2008 and 30 April 2015. Pressures on capacity may
    create incentives to consider drawing childminders from this cohort back
    into the sector. However, the level of performance of these childminders is
    less likely to be high, with only 60% good or outstanding. Feedback from
    the sector suggests that some resignations will have been in response to
    higher expectations in the EYFS about support for children’s learning and
    development. Because childminders are home-based and self-employed,
    it is also likely to be the case that many inactive childminders are not
    taking children because childminding no longer suits their home life and
    circumstances.

Another bit that made me laugh is that the EYFS was reviewed by Dame Alice Tickell? that I am aware of her name is Clare!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post

Another bit that made me laugh is that the EYFS was reviewed by Dame Alice Tickell? that I am aware of her name is Clare!
    A quick goggle search tells us that she is Dame Oriana Clare Tickell. Perhaps Alice is his pet name for her

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    A quick goggle search tells us that she is Dame Oriana Clare Tickell. Perhaps Alice is his pet name for her
    I wonder if she has noticed her change of name? I follow her on Twitter...no comment so far.

Natiou82...certainly a relief no one has registered with an agency yet.....I wait with baited breath to hear about our EY team's own agency as they were the last to be registered recently.
    So far they have told us they have passed the registration...will any cm join?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    '46. The introduction in September 2014 of childminder
    agencies, where parents would be able to find a
    local childminder by contacting an agency, has
    yet to take off. To date, Ofsted has registered five
    agencies. As of June 2015, no childminders were
    registered with agencies.'

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...eport_2015.pdf
    At the time this Ofsted report was published there were actually 6 agencies registered as Agency 12 was registered in June.

We now know they are called City Childcare CMA and listed on the Ofsted website
    Ofsted | Search results: Inspection Reports

Simona Guest

For those interested in keeping updated please follow the Foundation Years website.
    4 Children have just announced a new round of workshops/events...up and down the country but mainly up North, one in London and one in the South....to start selling the agency idea again.

I received an email on Friday 18 December....make sure you subscribe to their newsletter to get it

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed there are 8 agencies registered now, the latest one being registration number 17. I wonder what's happened to the others?

Interestingly, one of them looks like it's run by 3 childminders.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I've noticed there are 8 agencies registered now, the latest one being registration number 17. I wonder what's happened to the others?

Interestingly, one of them looks like it's run by 3 childminders.
    I noticed that, and wondered too!

Simona Guest

My apologies

I don't have the guidance in front of me but it should be in there and should deal with a complaint against an agency cm...does it not say all complaints are referred back to the agency itself? I am going from memory but a good question to ask.

I mentioned the Scrutiny committees by mistake as I misunderstood...hopefully cms now know and are aware they are in the making and will know what they are for.

Simona Guest

Ofsted are setting up 'Scrutiny committees' to deal with complaints at the 3 stages....they include providers from the sector.

The committees at the moment only have nurseries as representatives.

At OBC I did ask Ofsted if these committees 'include cms'....that question was answered with 'we don't know' and a discussion followed...hopefully that will be in the feedback from the London OBC

I pointed out that nurseries will have support when raising a complaint as will those cms who belong to an association....but those Cms not members of one will be on their own.
    There was a CEO of one of these associations present at OBC

Scrutiny Committees are being set up in each Ofsted area and many in OBC are part of them...but no cms as yet.

So we await for this to be looked at by Ofsted itself.

Yes ...a cm in an agency can register with Ofsted and that is in the Framework which came out a while back...that will probably be reflected in their contract and notice required to be given if they want to leave.

I also understand form the guidance that cms can register with more than one agency...not just one...please check this out.
    The Safeguarding issue is one the agency will deal with in their support for cms...the agency itself will be deemed 'Effective or Ineffective' in their inspection in supporting Safeguarding....please check the guidance for this too.

Lots to be clarified but look at the guidance we have and I am sure things will change again as was the grading we expected of agencies...that is not applicable as they will not be graded.

You are correct they want questions in advance...when we met we asked questions on the spot and got few answers in return...in fact cms here were much more informed on the whole issue

Good luck!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If I understand correctly simona the scrutiny committees relate to complaints by providers against ofsted . I was referring to complaints received about a provider , especially where the complaint is of a safeguarding nature.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    If I understand correctly simona the scrutiny committees relate to complaints by providers against ofsted . I was referring to complaints received about a provider , especially where the complaint is of a safeguarding nature.

It is a Scrutiny Panel. As I understood from the BOC meeting the Panel meetings take place in every area and a complaint will be heard by a Panel in a different area to where the complaint is made if that makes sense.?

The question was asked if any cm were on these panels and the answer was they didn't know but would look into it but it didn't really matter anyway!

The reason given for this was that once a Complaint (Panels are for Complaints made against providers as well as Ofsted and I assume in time Agencies because they will be registered with Ofsted. ) reaches a Level 3 it has already been investigated by Ofsted, the Panels job is not to investigate but to make sure that the decision and how it was reached was far and factually correct in the way the conclusion was reached. It wasn't felt that it mattered which area of Early Years a practitioner on the panel therefore came from because they were vetting a process not deciding it.

Does that make sense?
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 22-01-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ofsted are setting up 'Scrutiny committees' to deal with complaints at the 3 stages....they include providers from the sector.

The committees at the moment only have nurseries as representatives.

At OBC I did ask Ofsted if these committees 'include cms'....that question was answered with 'we don't know' and a discussion followed...hopefully that will be in the feedback from the London OBC
    I have been invited to take part in our NW scrutiny committee.

Unfortunately it was on a day when I couldn't attend due to being needed in ratios here - but if I can do it in the future I will.

The nursery owner who did it is the lead on our OBC group and her feedback was very positive

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I have been invited to take part in our NW scrutiny committee.

Unfortunately it was on a day when I couldn't attend due to being needed in ratios here - but if I can do it in the future I will.

The nursery owner who did it is the lead on our OBC group and her feedback was very positive
    Thanks Sarah...there is a flurry of activities within the OBC teams and I know they will be meeting in the near future.
    Jenny and many other nursery leads in the OBC are part of this....yes the feedback we have received is very positive

That is something that is bound to happen with cms....many cannot attend due to commitments but good for Ofsted to realise that cms must be included in these scrutiny committees....let's hope that will soon change and we have equal representation in every area

I will continue to flag it up so we have equal representation

Simona Guest

Aarrgghh! It's Black Friday for me.

Our LA Cm agency has just announced on Twitter they are the 1st in the country to register 'a' CM.
    So I went to check their website ....as they posted the link too.

Achieving for Children | Childminder Agency
    Last edited by Simona; 28-08-2015 at 10:04 AM.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Aarrgghh! It's Black Friday for me.

Our LA Cm agency has just announced on Twitter they are the 1st in the country to register 'a' CM.
    So I went to check their website ....as they posted the link too.

Achieving for Children | Childminder Agency
    and finally a price list for registering with an agency- £300 per year

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    and finally a price list for registering with an agency- £300 per year
    That we knew for a long time...however...I believe that is just the m'ship package in order to join.
    unless this has changed from our last meeting training is in addition and our LA is not cheap....my eyes and ears are wide open shut!

Also ...as mentioned...the agency will support their CMs while at the same time supporting ICMs....conflict of interest to be sure! And I was not the only one to raise this issue
    Last edited by Simona; 28-08-2015 at 11:19 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast