Latest agency status, from EY Report 2015, Wilshaw this week
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes me so pleased that I am not actively looking for any more children as I am winding down and aiming to finish as soon as possible and by July 2016 at the latest. The last one I have is just 4 and goes to school nursery for mornings and comes to me for 4 afternoons, my granddaughter comes a couple of days a week and normally all weekend, so this is all I will be doing.
    I was a member of a network many years ago and although the training and get togethers were okay even in the network there was a 2 tier system which I didn't think was right, this was caused by some wanting to offer the funding and others didn't or were having to go through extra training to be able to do it. I really would not like to be starting out now.
    Teacake2

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by teacake2 View Post
    It makes me so pleased that I am not actively looking for any more children as I am winding down and aiming to finish as soon as possible and by July 2016 at the latest. The last one I have is just 4 and goes to school nursery for mornings and comes to me for 4 afternoons, my granddaughter comes a couple of days a week and normally all weekend, so this is all I will be doing.
    I was a member of a network many years ago and although the training and get togethers were okay even in the network there was a 2 tier system which I didn't think was right, this was caused by some wanting to offer the funding and others didn't or were having to go through extra training to be able to do it. I really would not like to be starting out now.
    Teacake2
    I remember those days very well Teacake2...and I had hoped we had put them behind us for ever and CMs would never have to go through the divisive 2 tier system again.
    It is in a way good to her another CM express the same concerns on the old system which is slowly being reintroduced without much opposition.

Good luck whatever you do in future...sounds like another cm giving up which is a shame but there is life after Childminding and I am sure you will enjoy it.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

just had this email from @homechildcare

The special childminder agency briefing planned for the 4th November has been postponed until January 2016 to allow time for us to complete the process of registering as a childminder agency.

We will be in touch with news of our registration soon.

Kind Regards,

Liliana Blach

E: liliana@homechildcare.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

I've had this email too mamatothree I'm currently studying my level 3 with them and I am intrigued! Although I would never join an agency I may attend this meeting in the new year. Are you based in Nottingham?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natlou82 View Post
    I've had this email too mamatothree I'm currently studying my level 3 with them and I am intrigued! Although I would never join an agency I may attend this meeting in the new year. Are you based in Nottingham?
    about 15 miles north , but I have studied with them previously.
    Im actually annoyed they are using my information , and think its outside the terms of the data protection act. But I'm reluctant to ask to come off their mailing list as I want to know what theyre up to!!

6. Likes BallyH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My assessor came today and she mentioned they've had their ofsted inspection to become an agency, she didn't go into any further detail and I didn't want to put her on the spot. It's clear they want to wait until Jan to go through the ins and outs.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by natlou82 View Post
    My assessor came today and she mentioned they've had their ofsted inspection to become an agency, she didn't go into any further detail and I didn't want to put her on the spot. It's clear they want to wait until Jan to go through the ins and outs.
    That would be their pre registration visit....mmmm!
    Maybe they had issues to address...which is normal if not all requirements are in place

Mama2three...I hope you go!
    Our local agency now has 5 registered cms....they said 10 were undergoing the registration not a long time ago...they are turning them out fast
    They have just had a launch with the Mayor attending...can't tell you how cross I am !

Simona Guest

For those interested in keeping updated please follow the Foundation Years website.
    4 Children have just announced a new round of workshops/events...up and down the country but mainly up North, one in London and one in the South....to start selling the agency idea again.

I received an email on Friday 18 December....make sure you subscribe to their newsletter to get it

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed there are 8 agencies registered now, the latest one being registration number 17. I wonder what's happened to the others?

Interestingly, one of them looks like it's run by 3 childminders.

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I've noticed there are 8 agencies registered now, the latest one being registration number 17. I wonder what's happened to the others?

Interestingly, one of them looks like it's run by 3 childminders.
    I noticed that, and wondered too!

Post Thanks / Like

One is @homechildcare and they have said they have some people signed up - new CMs just registering.

Simona Guest

CMs agencies are registered by the number allocated to them at registration application...or so it seems......that may explain the reason why.

As an example...Agency 17 may already be registered but Agency 7 is still having to undergo the pre registration visit although they have applied a while back

The agency in my area is CA000010....and were registered recently
    call Ofsted or, even better, ask 4 Children and they will explain to you.

What you are seeing on the Ofsted website is those agencies already registered but none of them have been inspected although they may have CMs on their books now....I don't think you can see those agencies 'in the process' of registering.

Keep your eyes and ears open.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    CMs agencies are registered by the number allocated to them at registration application...or so it seems......that may explain the reason why.

As an example...Agency 17 may already be registered but Agency 7 is still having to undergo the pre registration visit although they have applied a while back

Yes, that's what I assume.

Numbers 3 and 4 are missing, so not yet registered, whereas numbers 2 and 5 were registered over a year ago. You'd guess the missing ones must have put their applications in at a similar time so you wonder why they're still not registered a year later. Is it taking them that long, or have they decided not to go ahead with it after all?

I keep looking out for the first agency being inspected. I'm sure there'll be a big fanfare surrounding it when it does happen - assuming it's a good outcome!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Yes, that's what I assume.

Numbers 3 and 4 are missing, so not yet registered, whereas numbers 2 and 5 were registered over a year ago. You'd guess the missing ones must have put their applications in at a similar time so you wonder why they're still not registered a year later. Is it taking them that long, or have they decided not to go ahead with it after all?

I keep looking out for the first agency being inspected. I'm sure there'll be a big fanfare surrounding it when it does happen - assuming it's a good outcome!
    The Ofsted Framework for the Regulation of cms agencies (Ref 140146) allows for an agency to 'withdraw' their application or for Ofsted to refuse to register that agency...p11 is clear on that.
    It maybe those agencies have withdrawn or are still putting together the required support and base for the agency to fulfil the criteria and pass the pre-registration visit

No agency has been inspected because Ofsted do not ...as yet...have a framework for inspecting them.
    That was the latest I heard unless that has changed? but I cannot find such guidance on their website.
    I confess I can't even find the list of registered agencies on the Ofsted website

It begs the questions how long can a registered cm agency with cms on their books go without inspection? has this been raised? ...is it within 30 months like anyone else?
    I have that question down for London OBC!

The coming events with 4 Children may shed a light on all these unanswered questions and many more on what the agencies are now looking for.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    The Ofsted Framework for the Regulation of cms agencies (Ref 140146) allows for an agency to 'withdraw' their application or for Ofsted to refuse to register that agency...p11 is clear on that.
    It maybe those agencies have withdrawn or are still putting together the required support and base for the agency to fulfil the criteria and pass the pre-registration visit

No agency has been inspected because Ofsted do not ...as yet...have a framework for inspecting them.
    That was the latest I heard unless that has changed? but I cannot find such guidance on their website.
    I confess I can't even find the list of registered agencies on the Ofsted website

It begs the questions how long can a registered cm agency with cms on their books go without inspection? has this been raised? ...is it within 30 months like anyone else?
    I have that question down for London OBC!

The coming events with 4 Children may shed a light on all these unanswered questions and many more on what the agencies are now looking for.
    Ofsted | Search results: Inspection Reports

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

And does one of them have any childminders registered?

After 15 months it says quite a lot that no childminders have joined Agencies. Mrs Truss really succeeded!?

Simona Guest

Thank you so much for the link Blue Bear!

Rickysmiths...yes the agency in my area has already several registered Cms on their books.
    It was well publicised and there was a ceremony locally to celebrate the achievement....if we can call it that!
    If you google Leap Ahead Cms agency you will find more information. I have no doubt more cms are being registered with the agency at this very moment.

Simona Guest

Also look out for Sam Gyimah's endorsement of the agency
    Here is the link in case you could not find it....click News for details

Achieving for Children | Childminder Agency

The Agency is run by the Social Enterprise 'Achieving for Children' set up between 2 LAs...one of the first doing so.

Did anyone read in the news about David Cameron's visit to AfC very recently and endorsing their various practices which is mainly outsourcing and privatising children's services?...food for thought !.
    Last edited by Simona; 30-12-2015 at 09:15 AM.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Latest email from @home childcare

This is the second information briefings we are holding for existing childminders to find out more information about childminder agencies. This briefing is aimed at childminders based in north of the county.

On the panel to answer childminder's questions will be:
    xxxxxxxx, an ex-childminder and Early Years Advisor from the children's charity and strategic partner of the Department of Education, 4Children
    Representatives from Nottinghamshire Early Years team
    Yvette Oliver-Mighten, chief executive of @Home Childcare and Orange Moon Childcare Community Interest Company
    This is an unique opportunity to get information about Ofsted regulated childminder agencies are about!

Find out:

What this means for CMA registered childminders and families using their childcare service
    The difference between registering with an Ofsted regulated CMA or directly with Ofsted
    Information about @Home Childcare childminder agency and our social enterprise
    CMA services on offer to independent registered childminders
    Information about 30 hours of free childcare and opportunities for childminders
    This is a first come, first served invitation only event. To avoid disappointment, please confirm your attendance ASAP. Your Eventbrite ticket will be required, either on your phone or printed on paper, to gain access to this event.

We hope you can make it.

Best,
    @Home Childcare

Im goint to attend , mainly to get an idea of how my own business may be effected! Anyone think of any pertinent questions I should be asking?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

They must be really confident if they think the event will be oversubscribed I would have thought they would have just wanted to get as many there as possible and not restrict attendance.

Are they a new Agency only for your area and if not how many cm are registered with them and are they at the meeting so you can ask what their experience is?

Will they regulate what fees you charge?

Will there be any additional paperwork over and above what is required by EYFS or as you won't be directly Registered by Ofsted will you no longer have EYFS?

What will they charge cm for membership and the min cpd that has to be provided. First Aid, Child protection and in some areas Food Hygiene?

Will they have a pool of resources available so Triple buggies, additional High chairs, Travel Cots toys so if you have children of different age groups etc you don't always have to buy additional stuff that may only be needed for a short time?

How often will they visit you?

Will they conduct actual inspections and if they do how frequently?

What experience of how a a CM work do they have?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast