Primary school become 1st CMs agency
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Simona Guest

Default Primary school become 1st CMs agency

Primary school becomes first childminder agency | Children & Young People Now

Our childcare Minister has wasted no time in praise of the agency...with a good pinch of rhetoric

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/c...o-first-agency

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw this thanks and I've looked on their agency website again today. I still find it strange that the three childminders appear to have fictitious names and addresses.

Simona Guest

I have not been able to find the website you mention Smiley.....would you be s kind as to share the link so cms who do not do FB keep updated...thanks

This is the school website and says nothing about agencies.

St. Bede Academy, Bolton

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Simona Guest

In addition to St Bede's Academy ...has anyone been able to access the websites of the 3 Ofsted registered agencies and found anything useful?

The other school now registered is Northumberland Church of England Academy (NCEA)...is it a coincidence that this one like St Bede's is an Academy?
    I believe Trio Childcare is now registered as well but I am missing the 4th one despite searching the Ofsted website...has anyone found any more?

PS: I think it is @Home Childcare...so 3 agencies in the North and one in the south.
    Last edited by Simona; 05-03-2015 at 10:26 AM.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

@homechildcare still say their service will be unveiled in the coming months! @homechildcare.co.uk

Simona Guest

Clarification...I am not sure if @Home Childcare is a registered Cms agency...maybe they are in the process of doing so

I have just received confirmation of the 4th agency
    I have contacted them but they have nothing on their website as yet but have confirmed they are registered with Ofsted...they are in London and cover many LAs

Also confirmed as registered are Trio, St Bedes and NCEA.

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Clarification...I am not sure if @Home Childcare is a registered Cms agency...maybe they are in the process of doing so

I have just received confirmation of the 4th agency
    I have contacted them but they have nothing on their website as yet but have confirmed they are registered with Ofsted...they are in London and cover many LAs

Also confirmed as registered are Trio, St Bedes and NCEA.
    What is the name of the London one, please, Simona?

L

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lollipop kid View Post
    What is the name of the London one, please, Simona?

L
    I am not ignoring your question Lollipop
    I would like to find all the registered agencies on the Ofsted website...I have spent hours but all I get is info on setting them up and blah blah blah
    The names do not pop up when I enter them

I have been told by several people they are there...so I am doing something not quite right not to get a result

Would anyone else like to try and see if they succeed?...that would help
    Once I see them all I will also post the 4th agency's name.....it is an unusual company ...that's is why I am being cautious and want to be 100% sure.
    despite the fact it was confirmed when I rang them

At our recent meeting with our LA and Sue Robb of 4 Children I asked if she would mention the 4 agencies' names...I didn't get anywhere...she said they are on the Ofsted website but we were promised they would be in the minutes.
    These have now been emailed to cms...following Sue Robb's endorsement...therefore the info must be right.

Bear with me and I will definitely come back.

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, this is the one I was referring to

Childcare Agency

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Sorry, this is the one I was referring to

Childcare Agency
    Thank you Smiley
    I have found some of the details rather disturbing and frankly very unprofessional especially the section showing 3 male cms...one apparently with the same name and address as Superman I believe??
    It gives them an agency rating...how when the agency has not been inspected as yet?

Under the packages...the info is all the same and there is no mention of any costs to cms or parents
    The details of self employment 'within your own home' is rather ambiguous

Hope this is enough to raise and report concerns

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have found some of the details rather disturbing and frankly very unprofessional especially the section showing 3 male cms...one apparently with the same name and address as Superman I believe??

Hope this is enough to raise and report concerns
    They are Superman, Batman and The Flash

I would guess the website if just being set up at the moment as most of the links don't seem to work.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

I would guess the website if just being set up at the moment as most of the links don't seem to work.
    Maybe I could set up a close working relationship with Batman...just to share notes and stuff
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    Maybe I could set up a close working relationship with Batman...just to share notes and stuff
    Batman must have something a bit special - he's 4 star rated and the others are only 3

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

St Bedes says first childminder being signed up very soon and their Facebook page says many more in the pipeline!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

I am totally and utterly ignorant on the subject of setting up a website and characters as you can gather.... but ...if I were to try and sell mine to others I would ensure it did not go live with Mickey Mouse details...ooops....sorry don't take that wrong

Considering they are now registered at a very fast pace they should have had the time to prepare while 'teaming up with the DfE' and during their trials as it was obvious they were going to be the 'chosen' ones to lead the agency saga.

I like your thinking JCrakers!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am totally and utterly ignorant on the subject of setting up a website and characters as you can gather.... but ...if I were to try and sell mine to others I would ensure it did not go live with Mickey Mouse details...ooops....sorry don't take that wrong

Considering they are now registered at a very fast pace they should have had the time to prepare while 'teaming up with the DfE' and during their trials as it was obvious they were going to be the 'chosen' ones to lead the agency saga.

I like your thinking JCrakers!!!
    I agree completely - if you want your business to be treated seriously you'd make sure the website was up & running properly before you published it (or whatever you do with a website).

I've looked on their FB page and there's very little info on there - certainly nothing that isn't on the website. There's no info about packages & costs, just a post saying the first 5 childminders to register will receive "great savings".

Simona Guest

None of the 4 websites give any info on anything
    St Bede's has a section with question on charges which they do not respond to

NCEA has nothing on being registered but they were advertised in NWorld with 4 Children's support...that ad is enough to make you yell....Google it and read it

Trio talk about scaremongering but no further info

@Home Childcare say they will announce further plans in future

Why the secrecy if they are registered?..all we want to know is how many CMs have switched over to them and how many they are currently registering...simple!
    Not even Sue Robb would answer that last week but our LA told us what they would charge...ha ha ...I am still laughing

In addition CMs agencies can now access a DfE grant to set up...£1,000 which is U turn on being self funded...smell a rat?
    Last edited by Simona; 05-03-2015 at 05:44 PM.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It all seems really worrying to me. A large 'academy' with 6 nurseries already looking to recruit childminders, It all sounds very business like.

Seems that I'm making the right decision to give up in Sept 16 if this is the way its going.

The website looks more like a dating agency rather than someone looking for a childminder. The mugshots don't look like any childminders I've seen .. lol (Apoloies Bunyip if you are similar looking to one of these chaps)
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    It all seems really worrying to me. A large 'academy' with 6 nurseries already looking to recruit childminders, It all sounds very business like.

Seems that I'm making the right decision to give up in Sept 16 if this is the way its going.

The website looks more like a dating agency rather than someone looking for a childminder. The mugshots don't look like any childminders I've seen .. lol (Apoloies Bunyip if you are similar looking to one of these chaps)

I find Bunyip to be more Iron Man than Batman but does have the batman voice down to a tee
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast