Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
I spotted that £4.17 cost-to-parents above and it was for employed-nannies and signaled as a 'prices from...' or such-like. How they achieve that rate is not explained but could be with nanny-share or who-knows-what other costs on top. No relation to agency-childminder rates which no one is publishing yet, it seems.
For cms who join an agency there will be a package...cms pay a yearly fee in return for whatever services they buy which will include various bits and pieces
Unless the agency employs cms an hourly fee is not discussed yet.
The agency also has to pay a registration fee to be inspected...so far I don't think any agency has been inspected only registered and that may be the reason they cannot state the cost of their package?

You are right ...no agency has so far said what they would charge cms...let alone parents.

My LA actually told us what the would charge cms ...they have already 'drafted' a leaflet and distributed to cms...but no charge to parents they say...they have gone further than anyone else so far....which in itself is very questionable !

Personally having an agency on my doorstep has changed the perception of agencies...it is not anymore what I see in a website for an agency miles away but what I will experience first hand.