CMs agencies...more concerns
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'm I'm coming over as not answering questions please bear with, we are not registered yet nor can I answer for other agencies so I'm trying not to generalise, or over-promise

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by agency12 View Post
    Oh I'm I'm coming over as not answering questions please bear with, we are not registered yet nor can I answer for other agencies so I'm trying not to generalise, or over-promise
    I despair for any cm who joins your agency.
    I shall raise my concerns about this discussion elsewhere
    Last edited by Simona; 07-06-2015 at 03:40 PM.

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard that it costs £200+ for every ofsted inspection (ofsted charge £35) as the government cut back then education will take its share, there is no way they can continue- agencies will happen - some cm's wanting more support will lean towards the agencies, others will stay with ofsted - but ofsted's relationship with cm's has to change - and I don't see agencies as necessarily the bad guys in this - as the 30 'free' hours deadline approaches cm's (and nurseries) have to talk sustainability- there will be 'interesting times' ahead - both the independents and the agency registered will be in the same boat
    Is happily pay ofsted £200 if they turned up in the right time frame!!

Simona Guest

The annoying thing is when Agency 12 does make a statement it is false or misleading...on this occasion she has mentioned the cost of an inspection ....she is totally wrong...as all the informed Cms know as Ofsted have confirmed the figures ...so why does Agency 12 say she has heard?....gossip won't do
    That is why I have tried to respond to her waffle and address matters.

Agency 12 ...no one asked you to talk about other CMs agencies...you did twice....mentioning the one in my area which you know nothing about and it shows.
    You came on this forum saying you were preparing for the 'once over' and that you were not competent enough to support CMs in safeguarding asking questions.
    Your whole terminology, writing and language is very unprofessional and it sounded an alarm bell for me....in fact your whole package is rather dubious.

it is not difficult to identify you and, as said, I will make sure this kind of thing is not allowed to happen again by using Cms to provide you with info you should know back to front.

Rubybubbles is correct...it shows that Agency 12 is not aware of the long campaign by CMs and the inspection/registration fee saga.

I know it would be better to step back from this because it is utter rubbish but I do not intend letting Agency 12 spread misinformation and then shyly say she is not allowed to divulge anything...that is telling in itself.

This whole thread has taught me a lot...I hope those reading it have made notes on how revealing Agency 12 has been in her statements and hope no one else is allowed to make use of cms in such a way...I am appalled.
    Last edited by Simona; 08-06-2015 at 08:20 AM.

5. Likes Ripeberry, Jayse74 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Inspecting a school (according to legislation.gov.uk) costs £10000 - that's two inspectors for two days,

I've spoken to a trident inspector who gets £200 for a 2 hr visit (so that's not including any back office costs)

Cm's pay £35

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Inspecting a school (according to legislation.gov.uk) costs £10000 - that's two inspectors for two days,

I've spoken to a trident inspector who gets £200 for a 2 hr visit (so that's not including any back office costs)

Cm's pay £35
    Childminders pay £35 per year, not per inspection. I have not been inspected for 6 years, so by the time they come again I will have paid at least £210.

It is misleading to quote the approximate inspection fee and compare it to the £35 a year fee paid by childminders.

8. Likes lollipop kid liked this post
    Simona Guest

Cm's pay £35
    As far as we are aware there are inspectors from Tribal and Prospects...Trident?...not sure
    The cost of a school inspection is really not relevant to that of CMs.

The fee an inspector gets for individual inspections is also between the inspector and the company who pays her/him as freelance to do the inspections.

Yes CMs do pay £35...that is a fee for registration and inspection and it includes the services Ofsted provide for us each year.
    Our fee has been frozen for an extra year at £35...so we will have to wait and see what happens in future.

Just to clarify that for you Agency 12....DfE sets our registration fee not Ofsted

Mouse has also clarified other misleading facts you have commented on.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Inspecting a school (according to legislation.gov.uk) costs £10000 - that's two inspectors for two days, I've spoken to a trident inspector who gets £200 for a 2 hr visit (so that's not including any back office costs) Cm's pay £35
    £10,000 for a two day inspection. Surely this is incorrect?

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you are not planning on scaring new CMs into your agency with these sort of comments!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Cm's pay £35

Blimey, I'd want more than £100 an hour if I was inspecting nuclear missiles

Simona Guest

Cm's pay £35
    Forgot to mention 2 vital facts.
    1. Inspections for Cms can vary in time
    If you check the latest Handbook for inspections published by Ofsted last month it states a CM's inspection will last 'about 3 hours'.

2. Schools are inspected by Ofsted inspectors not those put to tender by Tribal or Prospects

Try to limit your misinformation Agency 12 because my list is getting too long...I will need special permission to put them all to the Ofsted panel at OBC.

Rather than scaring CMs you are the one we are scared of due to your lack of knowledge...or maybe you are playing a game?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Blimey, I'd want more than £100 an hour if I was inspecting nuclear missiles
    That is just PRICELESS!

These poor inspectors are underpaid...maybe a strike is looming!

Simona Guest

Tribal, Prospects and SERCO contracts renewed by Ofsted to carry out early Years inspections

Ofsted extends third-party early years inspection contracts | Children & Young People Now

Trident missiles still inspected by MoD!!

Post Thanks / Like

Freudian slip - yes tribal..

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

@Simona.

Am I right in thinking if you are with an Agency, a parent cannot view your inspection report via the Ofsted website?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jayse74 View Post
    @Simona.

Am I right in thinking if you are with an Agency, a parent cannot view your inspection report via the Ofsted website?
    Hi Jayse74

my understanding is that the agency initial inspection after registration with Ofsted and subsequent ones, when they have recruited CMs.... WILL be on the Ofsted website.

Unfortunately CMs lose their individual inspection by Tribal/Prospects ...so there is no report to be put on line for the individual CM....this is how I understand it.

The Agency must do visits and QA...and provide Cms with a copy of the report.
    Some agencies may call these visits 'inspections' and either grade or rate a CM according to which system they use ...such as ECERS...these reports can be made available to parents.

This is the doc to check...Section 3 in particular
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...uide_final.pdf

3.13 Following a visit, the agency must produce a written report of the visit and a copy of this must be made available to the childminder who is the subject of the report, and to the parents of any child receiving registered childcare provision from them. Agencies are not required to share these reports with prospective parents but may choose to do so on request, as it may assist parents in their selection of a childminder. Agencies will have to detail these arrangements in their ‘statement of purpose’ when registering with Ofsted.

3.14 It will be for agencies to determine the shape and content of their quality assurance arrangements. However, for early years childminders, this must include an assessment against delivery of the EYFS learning and development and EYFS welfare requirements, including around safeguarding. It will be for agencies to determine if they want to rate or grade providers who are registered with them and, if so, what scale or system they use

Having read that document again...it is a rubbish and spoon feeds agencies into what they need to do....as some will have little knowledge of cms...as it states very clearly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12