DfE publishes CMs agency trials evaluation
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default DfE publishes CMs agency trials evaluation

Ah...so they have changed their minds after Nick Hudson said they would not be published
    Happy reading

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...evaluation.pdf

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...so it's not really an evaluation of the trials, it's a document produced for prospective agencies based on the evaluation of the trials (which is still being kept secret)?

I was hoping to read a report that showed how the trials ended, why so many of those taking part subsequently decided not to go ahead with setting up an agency, what the overall opinion is on the likely success of childminder agencies etc etc.

All this document does is highlight the issues agencies are likely to face and suggests ways of working round them

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the evaluation I'd want to see:

"It (the link in Simona's post) draws upon relevant findings from an independent evaluation of the
    CMA trial by Ipsos MORI and Ecorys, commissioned by the Department for Education in
    the summer of 2013"

Why can't we see this independent evaluation? That would be much more interesting

Simona Guest

The evaluation tells us nothing new...only skimmed it but can't say I am excited!
    Mouse...I am not even sure if all the 20 triallist took part in the end?

This is a summary from NWorld

DfE publishes childminder agency pilot evaluation | Nursery World

Simona Guest

Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Im confused! ( granted it doesn't always take much!)
    This doesn't read like an evaluation of the trials to me. it doesn't even say whether the trial was completed , and by whom.
    It is simply a 'guide' to setting up an agency - and seems to focus quite a lot on how to convince childminders that they should join!

7. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Im confused! ( granted it doesn't always take much!)
    This doesn't read like an evaluation of the trials to me. it doesn't even say whether the trial was completed , and by whom.
    It is simply a 'guide' to setting up an agency - and seems to focus quite a lot on how to convince childminders that they should join!
    That's my point. It isn't an evaluation of the trial at all, is it? The evaluation was done by an independent panel and this is a follow up to that - handy hints on setting up an agency.

We should have been able to see the independent evaluation, but I guess that would have been too damaging to the whole agency idea.

Simona Guest

I will try to find out if there is another evaluation and why that one is not published
    Ofsted Nick Hudson hosted #EYtalking recently and I asked him if they would share the findings but he said no.....so I am confused too

I remember 4 Children Sue Robb telling CMs when she came to 'brainwash' us on agencies that IPSOS Mori was doing the evaluation...so is this it?

I also remember Truss was questioned in Parliament on the cost and she said it would be more than £100,000...can't imagine anyone paying that for this result...we could have told them that for nothing