I am starting a new thread on this campaign so we can just access one thread to get the latest news.

SCM launched their campaign 'Too much too soon'... this is the letter published in The Telegraph

The Government should stop intervening in early education - Telegraph

E Truss has on purpose misinterpreted the meaning of starting 'formal schooling' saying the thought of denying poor children of an education is misguided and would crush their future!
But is that what is being suggested?
Certainly not.... many people confuse 'early education' with 'formal learning' led by a rather misplaced minister who obviously has no idea herself of the difference.

This is her reply in The Telegraph
If we care about the poorest children, education must start early - Telegraph
Her interview on Newsnight was a frustrating affair for those who watched the Minister because she was not made to face Mary Bousted who knew the subject and came across as very knowledgeable...why oh why were they not allowed to face each other?

If you missed Newsnight here it is on iPlayer (scroll towards 11mins)
BBC iPlayer - Newsnight: 12/09/2013

Many parents agree that children start formal education too early but I wonder how many feel that that is better than having to face the cost of childcare and see school has 'free childcare'?

Some answers here
BBC News - School starting age: Your comments

SCM also have also started a petition 'Too much too soon'

http://www.*****/en-GB/petition...-early-years-2

I know it won't show but you can easily find it elsewhere

This is the link to SCM website

SAVE CHILDHOOD MOVEMENT - Home

SCM did a poll on what age should children start school...these were the results

Three 4.24% (277 votes)

Four 7.15% (467 votes)

Five 20.91% (1,366 votes)

Six 38.57% (2,520 votes)

Seven 29.13% (1,903 votes)

Total Votes: 6,533 (13/09/13)

Today Dr Richard House replied to Truss thanking her because she has managed to unite the EY sector!!

Thank you, dear ministers, for politically uniting our sector | Nursery World