Ofsted possible inspection fee??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  46
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Simona - bet Truss went on 2 weeks holiday to France ;-)

2. Likes mum26 liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Angeldelight...I would suggest you read the original blog where the discussion was started and also follow Facebook where many have said they saw the news posted
    As you say rumours are rumours...exactly what we have said here
    Also read Sammy's post where she clearly states she has seen the figure mentioned as I have a long time ago
    Being ahead is better than actually being not informed at all...in my view

I have not spoken to one cm who is panicking...all are saying the same: let's get some clarification and we can get on and plan for the fee ...whether it gets increased or otherwise

If our discussing this is not what you think we should do what is your action plan? what have you done or who have you written to to get it squashed or confirmed?? are you attending any conferences where these issues are being debated??

Social media is a great tool for spreading news...good or otherwise...all we have done is pick up the pieces and trying to get answers
    May I suggest you stop being negative and join those who are showing positivity in wanting FACTS!!
    FACTS when have we had any facts about anything at the minute. I seriously doubt any of the departments involved know the facts yet. Any post here or on social media is just pure speculation. You say yourself no one ever answers your questions could that just simply be that no one actually knows.

ETruss may have banded the figure £700 figures amount but does she actually know what we pay at the minute doubtful she seems to know very little about anything she is attempting to change.

Bluebear has posted the figures that all setting have to pay. There is no way they can just increase childminders fees to a ridulous figure.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    BuggsieMoo Guest

I have spoken to Ofsted today and received the following response in respect of this fee increase

"In response to your enquiry we can confirm that the information you have provided us with is incorrect. There are currently no talks to discuss the increase of Ofsted fees and should there be any changes in the future, you will be notified and an announcement will be made on the Ofsted website."

I hope that this provides some clarity.

6. Likes Mouse, loocyloo, hectors house, shortstuff liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuggsieMoo View Post
    I have spoken to Ofsted today and received the following response in respect of this fee increase

"In response to your enquiry we can confirm that the information you have provided us with is incorrect. There are currently no talks to discuss the increase of Ofsted fees and should there be any changes in the future, you will be notified and an announcement will be made on the Ofsted website."

I hope that this provides some clarity.
    Just read that was that you.

At last a sensible response Thank you
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes Mouse, shortstuff liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

Bluebear has posted the figures that all setting have to pay. There is no way they can just increase childminders fees to a ridulous figure.
    That's what I've been pondering. Surely they can't increase CMs' fees but leave the others unchanged? But there's been no mention of play group etc annual fees increasing to a figure more realistic of the true cost of inspections.

10. Likes FussyElmo, loocyloo, shortstuff liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That's what I've been pondering. Surely they can't increase CMs' fees but leave the others unchanged? But there's been no mention of play group etc annual fees increasing to a figure more realistic of the true cost of inspections.
    They cant it would be classed as unfair competition or something like that.

BuggsieMoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Just read that was that you.

At last a sensible response Thank you
    If you're meaning FB, yep thats me :-) (pics me and my DD 6 year old at a wedding we went to at the weekend - pregnant and unknowing LOL) xx

13. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pacey local have just posted this

We know that there have been some rumours circulating online about changes to Ofsted registration fees, which are causing some concern to childminders.

As far as we are aware, discussion about registration fees for childminders is just speculation on social media. We understand that such speculation is unsettling and worrying for childminders, but there has been no official announcement as yet.

As members of Ofsted's Consultative Forum, PACEY will fully address any such proposals directly with Ofsted. Please rest assured that once we have any confirmed information that we can share with our members, we will do so as soon as we can.

PACEY is firmly committed to the need for individual inspection for childminders and continues to work to share the concerns of members with decision-makers.

Amanda Carmichael, Director of Membership

So that ofsted and now Pacey saying their is no official word so perhaps the speculation and rumours will die now until the next time

15. Likes N/A liked this post
    Simona Guest

Well...at least we got 2 answers...so we can relax for a bit and keep our eyes on the Ofsted website!!

Whatever holiday she went on Sammy it must have been to celebrate...when she got back she was promoted to Minister for Childcare!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Phew!
    Thanks folks :-D
    Have a good weekend everyone
    x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What a shame the person posting the original blog didn't ask Ofsted or Pacey first. The blog has caused a lot of panic this week, all for nothing.

I know of several childminders who now believe we're going to be charged £700 for an inspection and are talking about giving up

Simona Guest

I feel I am the only one that thinks the news did not cause panic but a lot of speculation and calculations with ifs and buts and maybes?
    Unless I read it wrong the blog was written following someone close to Ofsted mentioning that figure...so there would have been no need to consult with Ofsted or pacey?

I contacted Ofsted immediately after and got exactly the same reply as BugsyMoo did yesterday and pacey reply has not reassured me at all from whoever answered my call...I want the answer from Wilshaw himself
    Whatever the truth maybe we need to keep going...giving up now makes no sense but it is good to be aware and move on because there are still many issues unresolved and unclear!!

Post Thanks / Like

Conspiracy theory:

Maybe the rumour was put out on purpose to test our reaction?
    Actual reaction worried 'them' and now it's 'don't be daft, we wouldn't do THAT!' ...and back to the drawing board and more number crunching...

Like I said - just a theory! ;-)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post
    Conspiracy theory:

Maybe the rumour was put out on purpose to test our reaction?
    Actual reaction worried 'them' and now it's 'don't be daft, we wouldn't do THAT!' ...and back to the drawing board and more number crunching...

Like I said - just a theory! ;-)
    You wouldn't put anything passed them, would you ?

22. Likes lizann liked this post
    Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, I love a good conspiracy theory! Wouldn't put anything past that lot either....

Simona Guest

You'd think that with a degree in economics Truss would have crunched a few numbers by now...but no!!...they are still throwing proposals that are so daft you think they dream them overnight!!
    And I wouldn't trust that lot an inch either!!!

Simona Guest

I have received an email from Ofsted saying that Sue Gregory will reply to my request to clarify if, what, or whatever is happening to our fee in future?

As we were debating the issue I wrote to Sue Gregory and asked her to clarify...when I get the reply I will post it here for you so you can see it in black and white

In addition I have fedback to you from the PLA conference last Friday
    I also spoke to Ofsted Principle Officer Dee Gasson who did a workshop on coming proposals and agencies and she said there is no truth in that rumour, Ofsted apparently were wondering where it had all started
    She did say that our inspections cost £700 and a nursery's £1500 but not that this is what we will be charged

well when we get the answer from Gregory we will know for sure where we stand.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooEarlyForGin? View Post
    I know this is all rumour, and am sitting back waiting for the government to make up their mind on which way they want to get rid of independent childcare. I know you can break £700/£900/£10000 over a period of months which is all well and good for those that are busy and earning a good regular wage. How will new minders afford it when they have only just been registered? I work 4 days a week with part-timers, already struggling to make a reasonable income with be amount of work I do.

Why should I bother when a lady down the road does it illegally, is full up and doesn't have all this pressure, and nothing is done to her. This will be one step too far for me personally. If the government carries on with the systematic abuse of our jobs, undermining us and making us constantly look like we are babysitters who dare make money looking after children, when we should be pretty much doing it for free as its such a "rewarding" job.

If they treated teachers or nurses in this way, they would have all been on strike in a heartbeat.

Sorry to sound so down, but I am. I try really hard not to take it to heart, but feel like many others on here that enough is enough and i'll let the new generation of Truss's super minders take over.
    They are treating all Public Sector workers like this believe me, I am married to one and his Pension Contributions have gone up as much as the proposed Ofsted fee may be but what he will get in terms of a Pension at the end of it has reduced!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What I don't get is why are we all panicking about changes in Sept? Who has said things will change in Sept? All I have heard for sure is that there will be some pilot Agencies in the NE starting possibly this Sept. Agencies across the board are not due to open until 2015 at the earliest from what I understand. No one has said a thing about anything else, it is pure speculation.

Simona Guest

Rickysmiths...you continue to say we are panicking...NO ONE is doing anything of the sort
    That is why I attend conferences: to hear from the people who know

Tooearlyforgin...read my feedback from the conference...Ofsted are very puzzled by the figure of £700 banded about..that is what it costs to inspect us NOT what they are thinking of charging us

In addition I attended the PLA conference on Friday 5 June and fedback 'extensively' on what Sue Gregory said in her address and in answer to my question and what we were told VERY CLEARLY at the Ofsted workshop...we will be CONSULTED on agencies and Ofsted have said nothing about our future registration fee

Changes are coming but I was also told we will be consulted in the next few months and it may be well after September
    As and when I get a reply from Sue Gregory I will post it here for you to be reassured

I also would like to clarify that the rumour started on social media...sorry I am not there so cannot comment...but we also know it needed confirmation...it will come soon, so lets wait and be patient
    Last edited by Simona; 10-06-2013 at 09:10 AM.

29. Likes hectors house liked this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast