Childminder calls on Truss to engage with the sector
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Childminder calls on Truss to engage with the sector

That is me I'm afraid...I got very worried at the tone people were using against her and the remarks and felt it would do no good with our cause
    Truss' performance in Newsnight was very poor.....that mum in the interview was very passionate and I felt inspired by her determination to speak on behalf of all 'stay at home mums.

We all feel strongly at Truss' reforms so I decided to try one last positive approach...a plea to engage with us all
    I am sure many cms are as confused as I am and this dangling in uncertainty is not acceptable and frankly disrespectful

Sue Gregory also made a couple of statements in reply...I remain 'positive' till the end

I also feel ALL cms should be equally listened to whatever they are doing in this campaign...no effort is too small
    This is about everyone of us not who shouts louder!!

Childminder calls on Truss to engage with sector | Children & Young People Now

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good on your Simona - anything is worth a try
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

brilliant well done Simona

Sam x

Simona Guest

Yesterday the news came in 3s...
    I did speak to CYPN on Tuesday to express my utter confusion and the article broadly reflects my feelings...much more could have been reported of what I said of my experiences in talking to others across the country

I also received a reply from the DfE..the guy in charge of 'agencies' added to my confusion on what their policy on agencies is...

Finally I also got another reply from my LA...the chain of emails is now longer than my arm and seems my questions have been going around the team from the head of EY to the network co-ordinator who is now going to try and clarify....the consultation closes on 6 May so I hope to be able to respond accordingly based on their answer and all is in writing...the question is clear to them: what are you going to offer me as an 'independent' and non network cm, where do I get my funding, are they dropping their restrictions to belong to a network, are they setting up an agency for their network cms?

I spoke to an ex cm who now works in her LA in the south of England...what they are doing there for cms is utterly amazing: engaging and asking what they want in future etc etc...so LAs are aware of cms' concerns and some are addressing them in a positive way

Lastly ..this morning I am going to a nearby LA in London where there is a meeting of cms and their LA team
    I received an invitation to participate...so off I go and listen...can anymore be done??

I repeat my plea to you ..if you have written to your EY team and got no reply please send the email again and say you are awaiting their reply

Yesterday I also did my first contract as an 'independent' cm...my title has been altered on it but in the end I need to tell parents what this new 'freedom of independence' is...that bit is unclear so the call for positive engagement and clarification still stands!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Love your letter - have you tried sending your views to the National papers that seem to have all the Truss "next bright idea" stories?

7. Likes loocyloo, chriss liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to my EY team today and they are "monitoring" the subject. Plenty of ideas being bantered about the council but nothing that can be shared until decisions are made by Ms Truss and Co.
    Debbie