Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default More than a couple of blogs..!

... you might find interesting -

Like most parents, Liz Truss appears to be making it up as she goes along

Striking a Balance: What do Preschoolers do all Day? | Lighting a Fire

There are plenty of people telling Ms Truss that she has got it very wrong... thankfully her latest attack wasn't on childminders - but I think it has done us a favour because now the whole of early years is up in arms, not just a few of us!

I have replied to the Sue Cowley blog letting her know that childminders on the Childminding Forum are united with nurseries in our concerns about outcomes for children if ratios are raised across all settings

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Great blogs Sarah - Can you keep us informed of any plans for Childrens Day - I would love for all the childcare settings in the whole country to go on strike!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Simona Guest

I am sure more responses will come but I worry at how fast they come when nurseries are under attack compared to when the attack is targeted at cms

Last week we heard Wilshaw threaten nurseries and cms with closure if they did not improve...
    then he announced the change to 'requires improvement' alongside the consultation on that proposal only to be followed by the confusion that it did not include cms because they are not able to include us until a 'framework' has been established for inspecting agencies...well their paperwork actually because no child will ever be present at the inspection and no agency 'teaching' style observed and graded

Excuse me Sir Michael but independent cms will be inspected by you on the FYFS...which will cost us dearly... while agencies will be inspected on their ability to provide support for their members which Truss reinforced on Newsnight when she said she is introducing agencies to raise quality

Did we hear anyone come out in defence of cms? did anyone ask why those who wish to retain their individual inspection are excluded? is anyone raising the concern that in 4 months' time 'independent' cms are on their own?

Dr House is right on pointing out the contradictions, clamp down, harmful practices and school age which is getting earlier by the minute...he mentions 'contingencies'...he obviously has a plan and preparing for it
    Spare a thought for independent cms Dr House who are dangling with no support or guidance because some LAs are playing a game of 'I know nothing', Truss refuses to engage and claims her proposals are based on visiting 4 nurseries and Ofsted are using threats to spread his message

where is ncma with their widened m'ship?
    Not at the DfE 'task and finish group' because they do not want to help develop agencies...fair enough... but are silent on the new scheme to recruit new cms while against ratios

PLA, who also represents cms, are sitting with the 'task and finish group' as observers....they are very vocal on ratios but has anyone heard their view on agencies and implications on their members and while I am happy they are observing what are their concerns??

Having been elevated to parity with the sector when the EYFS came out in 2008 it seems to me cms are slipping out of sight and used as pawns in what is clearly a Gove/Wilshaw pact/alliance with Truss their 'messenger'
    it is very much like the French Revolution with Danton, Marat and Robespierre leading the reign of terror!

7. Likes mum26, sarah707, JaneyB liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Simona Guest

Simona Guest

And now we have Mumsnet and ***** joining in ...at last! pressure is rising..

Parent groups join nurseries to fight new carer ratios | Education | The Observer

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love reading these! I wonder if she will ever back down or if she will run this country further into the ground just to stand by her proposals.

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

She won't ever back down her head is well and truly in a noose and the rope is tightening. She will never give up the ratios as I believe she desperately needs these especially the childminder ones to make the agencies work, the forth child in her mind is the agencies fees so to speak

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Simona Guest

Zippy...unless there is a miracle I agree with you Truss won't back down .
    we now have Mumsnet and ***** against her, the very women she is trying to make childcare cheaper for and the very many 'stay at home mums' she has upset by excluding them from the childcare tax breaks like the one leading her attack on Newsnight and whose votes she is after at the next election

I believe it will all go through because it is all too far advanced, coming thick and fast and without thought, it is all back to front as the consultations are coming after the proposals like the agencies, inspection framework, EYE, ratios and much more but we must keep the pressure on and protest and ask her to visit more settings etc etc

She needs cms for the 2 year old funding and yesterday there was clear confirmation she has removed the barriers for good/outstanding cms to claim funding without being in a network

I doubt she has many existing cms queuing up to join one but she is funding ncma and barnardo's to recruit new ones ...so that's sorted because I believe those women will not have a choice but to get off benefits to massage the unemployment figures...this is very sad and cynical but it is also politics

Let's hope something comes out soon that will smash her arrogance...maybe when she releases Prof Helen Penn and Prof Eva Lloyd research she commissioned for the CCommission and which she is delaying in publishing....by the time the research is out and it is damning all the proposals will be in place and time for the summer holidays!!

and here is the article on mums joining the anti ratio campaign...are cms mentioned ...NO!

Parent groups join nurseries to fight new carer ratios
    Last edited by Simona; 28-04-2013 at 09:00 AM.