@scrap247 New campaign against ratios and agencies
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default @scrap247 New campaign against ratios and agencies

A new campaign has started against ratios and agencies...please follow it on twitter @scrap247
    This unites the whole sector ...
    More info to come

SCRAP stands for : Stop Changes to Ratios and Agencies Plans
    Last edited by Simona; 15-04-2013 at 04:11 PM.

2. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Simona Guest

This campaign is basically flagging up the e-petition against ratios with the aim of getting 100,000 signatures and get it debated in the House of Commons

I will join it although I had already signed the petition a long time ago so if cms feel they can make one more effort at being listened to here is the link...numbers went up tonight already!
    Call for Government to scrap its plans on childcare ratio changes and undertake a full consultation with practitioners and parents on future proposals - e-petitions

The people organising this campaign will support cms against agencies too, they have plans and all will be out soon...it will be for all to input together and take part

One of the organisers is Sue Jones founder of the Kids Academy and she told me today that PL insurances will go up because we are now classified as 'high risk' regardless of whether we increase the ratios or not...

well that was in the cards and I am sure the DfE will be proved clueless if they had not considered that...I remember putting that in my response to the CCommission...I wonder if it will also affect our car insurance and household? we'll see!

Sue is meeting a politician tomorrow, I was asked to go along but I have to work...wish I could have taken the time off!

I know we are all exhausted and confused and angry but we can give this our backing and see what happens
    Last edited by sarah707; 22-04-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Simona
    I'm not on twitter but sometimes wonder what I'm missing. Do I need a twitter account to access the srap247?

Simona Guest

Yes you do need to join twitter...go on... I could do with some back up!
    I will feedback as much as I can and liaise here and my focus group

jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    This campaign is basically flagging up the e-petition against ratios with the aim of getting 100,000 signatures and get it debated in the House of Commons

I will join it although I had already signed the petition a long time ago so if cms feel they can make one more effort at being listened to here is the link...numbers went up tonight already!
    Call for Government to scrap its plans on childcare ratio changes and undertake a full consultation with practitioners and parents on future proposals - e-petitions

The people organising this campaign will support cms against agencies too, they have plans and all will be out soon...it will be for all to input together and take part

One of the organisers is Sue Jones founder of the Kids Academy and she told me today that PL insurances will go up because we are now classified as 'high risk' regardless of whether we increase the ratios or not...

well that was in the cards and I am sure the DfE will be proved clueless if they had not considered that...I remember putting that in my response to the CCommission...I wonder if it will also affect our car insurance and household? we'll see!

Sue is meeting a politician tomorrow, I was asked to go along but I have to work...wish I could have taken the time off!

I know we are all exhausted and confused and angry but we can give this our backing and see what happens
    signed - again
    Last edited by sarah707; 22-04-2013 at 07:15 AM.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Signed

:-D

x

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is important that we all sign everything we can find to sign - and keep writing letters and sending tweets and emails...

I know, I know, I know you are all tired and busy and fed up of feeling ignored - but if we keep knocking at the door hopefully someone will come and open it for us!

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Simona Guest

Someone ought to print a T shirt saying No to cm agencies...we all wear it and people sign on them!!!! then off we send them to Truss....silly but at this stage anything is worth a try???

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup! signed this one

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep signed again :-)

Simona Guest

The e-petition against higher ratios is slowly gaining signatures...too slow we need more!!! but the one against agencies has only gone up by 3 signatures since this campaign started

please please sign it and spread the news wherever you can... if we could reach 30,000 that is more than half the registered cms!!!

Simona Guest

Can anyone check if something is wrong with this petition please please ? it still shows 962 signatures, I thought they may have gone up a bit?? where is that cm who started it??

Simona Guest

I have no news of the cm who started the petition and therefore it is difficult for me to flag it up as part of the @scrap247 campaign.

I will continue to support @scrap247 as I believe the e-petition is the only way to get the issue debated in the House of Commons
    but cannot flag up the agency petition any more ...

I would like to ask Sarah to edit my original post on this thread and take the link to the agency petition away

Thank you

19. Likes sarah707 liked this post