Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default NCB 'More Great Childcare' survey results

http://ncb.org.uk/media/911228/_more...orks_final.pdf

Good quote for future lobbying -

'Respondents generally perceived childminder agencies to be unnecessary:
    they would add an additional layer of bureaucracy, duplicate many services
    offered by local authorities, and could lead to a decrease in the quality of
    childminder practice.'

Simona Guest

TACTYC too have replied to MGC...they too will be dismissed
    http://www.tactyc.org.uk/pdfs/2013-response-1.pdf

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    TACTYC too have replied to MGC...they too will be dismissed
    http://www.tactyc.org.uk/pdfs/2013-response-1.pdf
    We cannot be defeatist Simona! We have to keep fighting!

Everyone is telling her she is wrong we need to keep up the pressure

Simona Guest

Of course we need to keep fighting ...we haven't stopped for a year but so far we have not been heard...maybe we need to change tactics?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes you are right! We are asking forum members what they want the forum to do for them next... we have a few good ideas filtering through already.

All contributions will be considered

6. Likes mum26 liked this post
    Simona Guest

First thing is to 'accept' higher ratio and agencies are coming...no doubt about it...my view of course from reading about MGC, there was never a hint of consulting with us... it was a fait accompli! (done deal in other words)

That is not being defeatist but realistic...then think from there either individually or as a large group
    Consultations are just going through the motion to keep us quiet but we should not be fooled by it...you don't publish a Statement of policy and consult sfterwards...it is the other way round?
    At this stage many feel overwhelmed and fed up, we must keep everyone engaged to the last minute

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately from recently working in children's centres under consultation! The deal is done they just need time to write POST- DELETED!!!

Simona Guest

I think a lot is already going on...up and running already as nothing has just been developed overnight...it is just the finishing touches that are being agreed
    Many LAs will have an idea but it is proving so so hard to engage them and get anything out...I see that many others share this concern about LAs
    I have written and spoken to them so often and no reply yet... let alone any action

I have just forwarded the link to this publication to EY and asked for the opportunity to discuss with cms...I am also sending it to as many cms as I can

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

right well then how about a massive forum and face book campaign for a march to downing street. I'm up for it. NOt the best organiser so will need some help but def. up for it. Not with the children, don't think that's right but a Saturday??? Just get ourselves on the news in the papers, annoy the downing street security. see if we can get some academics to come along also?
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

11. Likes hectors house, mum26 liked this post
    Simona Guest

Juggler...what is required at the moment is something that is 'accessible' to all based on 'co-operation and co-ordination' without barriers or restrictions or fear of competition
    There are many forums...cms may access all of them or be loyal to one
    Facebook is not a choice for all and Twitter too is for the few...the alternative has to be open to all

Everywhere you look for info gives us 'hints' and tit bits of info that can fuel speculation
    All seems to be shrouded in secrecy...even the 20 organisations working with the DfE have not been named (p8 of the Statement of policy) why? those are the ones that could give clear indication of what they are setting up and to boot some are observers...what of?

The 4 associations are giving little info on what they are doing apart from saying they are against agencies...aren't we all? if you ask questions they say they can't say anything until the 'final details' are in place
    Not one of them has given us the full picture!!!

Facebook has a group of over 600 cms fighting agencies...but all is secretive
    There is rumour of a march but we were told plans could not be revealed

We need 'unity' if we want to organize something and we need to be clear whether the protest is about MGC in general or agencies in particular
    I still remain clear that as an independent cm I need to know how to plan for Sept 2013, without the LAs coming out with some guidance on what they can offer us it is rather difficult so my plans are there but they need the 'final details'

For those who have yet to respond to the C&F Bill the Statement of policy is a good guidance for the response

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear what you are saying simona but unfortunately these are amazing ways of sharing the word and gathering support easily. I am also happy to leaflet and flier and e-mail also but at the end of the day you can only reach those who want to be reached. If we can get 33,000+ signatures on a petition using FB, e-mail and this forum then I'm sure we could get a good response to the march/protest.

I am against all of MGC on principle. It's taking back childcare decades and the damage will take decades to repair. The negatives are evident in the comments by 2 senior academics, both of whom have advised and researched on behalf of the Government itself - and then have had their advice pretty much ignored. they are throwing years and years of research into early years practice away, along with millions spent on training the workforce - as many will jsut vote with their feet eventually.

We need to do what we can and if LA's arent' prepared to get the word out there about all this then I will do what I can to reach those who are interested and in touch but I won't be knocking on doors. People who are interested will be watching and logging into forums to find out - even if they weren't before.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

14. Likes sarah707 liked this post