Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    I noticed that Stuart Turner was involved but whilst he lobbeyed for NCMA he never actually produced anything.... talk talk talk...

I have registered just to see what is going on.

I also registered my chatterbox email only to be told that it was already registered, so either they have got my details from NCMA (ummm I didn't give permission for that) or someone has registered on my behalf.

Open page until tomorrow but I think if these and PACEY are halved in membership them so is out clout at government level.
    i tried to register, but it didn't seem to 'go' for ages, so i tried again, and my email was already registered. i am pretty sure the email i used was the same one i use for everything ... might go and try my childminding one and see what happens!

i'm now registered twice so it won't be from NCMA that my email was got.
    Last edited by loocyloo; 20-03-2013 at 08:06 PM.

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

werent these supposed to launch yesterday?

Simona Guest

Those who registered an interest should know more than those who haven't?? any more news as you can access the site?

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I registered but heard nothing , looking on their site it says something about delays

doesnt exactly instill confidence does it

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked yesterday but it said there was a problem with something or other & it would be up & running today. I've just looked again & even though the message is still the same they have now removed any start date.

So no launch yet

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

oh well , we dont need it anyway Independent Childminders - Supporting each other

7. Likes Mouse liked this post
    june 83
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have received an e mail today from the homecare agency and it says that there is going to be a meeting for anyone interested in may, it also gives a look at their updated page on agencies and it seems that we might be panicking too much it says that childminders can become part of an agency and still be independent. I am not wanting to join an agency but I think until we have all the facts maybe we should wait and see what is going to happen, as i have found through experience over the years I have wasted many hours and sleepless nights worrying over things that never turned out as bad as I thought it would

9. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Simona Guest

You are spot on ...we need all the facts, like everything else things may change as all reforms are taking a bit of a battering!
    No one is panicking just awaiting clarification...rather different but good of them to 'reassure' us?

Rather conflicting statement that you can join an agency and remain independent?
    unless she is referring to the ******* which is an association for indpendent cms? ...so is Pacey...and PLA and UKCMA when we dicover what they are about...all these will compete to attract independent cms?

However relinquishing our Ofsted number, having someone who draws c/vs and funding is not to me being 'independent' but 'dependent' on their services, and paying for them, because we prefer the agency to provide them or we are supposed to be a bit unsure how to run our business?

If they insist on their paperwork that also takes away any ability to develop business skills and the ability to argue with an inspector because you have produced your own and 'understand' it not being cloned into a unit...where is the aspiration for these cms?
    oh I remember someone saying we can then be free to do what we do best...look after the children!! as if we run around with paperwork under our arm all day?

Be aware of clever marketing!
    The DfE has said many models are being suggested ...so even if one wants to go into an agency cms will have a choice of what type of agency??
    So lets fluff the cushions and sit comfortably for a while...but keep in mind what you need to do to be a sustainable independent cm?

justgoodfriends Guest

Default ******* Membership fees

Simona Guest

Chatterbox ...you think S turner was just talk? many may disagree, he was a very knowledgeable man who many feel really cared about cminding.
    Why would you register an interest in ICM when you know you would not join? very strange...

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Chatterbox ...you think S turner was just talk? many may disagree, he was a very knowledgeable man who many feel really cared about cminding.
    Why would you register an interest in ICM when you know you would not join? very strange...
    I agree in that he cares about childminders and his enthusiasm was unwavering but what has it got us?

I registered because, like you, I like to know what is going on and my options. Nothing stops me from being members of more than 1 organisation and you are presuming that I haven't joined.
    Debbie

14. Likes christine e liked this post
    Simona Guest

Chatterbox they guy left ncma as have many others recently...what is the point of making that remark about him now?
    I felt it was very out of place here and a tiny bit sarcastic...I met S Turner and spoke to him several times...he did talk talk as you say but he did talk a lot of sense...at least to me!!

''what has he got us''??? I would reflect on that if I were you...where indeed are we now without him?

I am not presuming or assuming anything about what you have done...but question why as a member/supporter of ncma you would register your interest in another association ?
    I also like to keep updated and I am doing by reading and info sharing for the moment
    Last edited by Simona; 09-04-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justgoodfriends View Post
    I'm not intending to join, but I would be interested to know what they are offering - could info be fed through please? What do you get for £84 and is it (really) worth it.

Could anyone who joins up keep us in the loop?
    Ta :-)

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a look yesterday and I couldnt work out what they were actually offering other than a lot of promises about representing childminders ???

all seems incredibly vague to me

unless Im completely missing the point , it looks like money for nothing

Taken from their site and if this is what they plan to do for us , then I think Ill keep my money because this is all just sales speak and actually says nothing we dont know or cant do for ourselves

"Our aim to listen to what you want and engage with fellow childminders across the country.
    Professionals who are looking to create a positive way to support the development of the sector.
    We would like to help you express an interest in remaining independent and self-employed.
    As an Independent child minders you should set your own prices for your services in your setting.
    House prices of the setting, nearness to schools and public transport will effect your costs.
    You need to stay competitive but also earn a reasonable salary.
    Independent child minders do not wish to give up some of their income to help pay to run an agency"

Last edited by phoenix2010; 10-04-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Chatterbox they guy left ncma as have many others recently...what is the point of making that remark about him now?
    I felt it was very out of place here and a tiny bit sarcastic...I met S Turner and spoke to him several times...he did talk talk as you say but he did talk a lot of sense...at least to me!!

''what has he got us''??? I would reflect on that if I were you...where indeed are we now without him?

I am not presuming or assuming anything about what you have done...but question why as a member/supporter of ncma you would register your interest in another association ?
    I also like to keep updated and I am doing by reading and info sharing for the moment
    I have my opinion and am not changing it. I like you, will do as I please and I don't want this to get nasty but I don't feel I need to answer to you. Please keep to the thread subject
    Debbie

19. Likes phoenix2010 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix2010 View Post
    I had a look yesterday and I couldnt work out what they were actually offering other than a lot of promises about representing childminders ???

all seems incredibly vague to me

unless Im completely missing the point , it looks like money for nothing

Taken from their site and if this is what they plan to do for us , then I think Ill keep my money because this is all just sales speak and actually says nothing we dont know or cant do for ourselves

"Our aim to listen to what you want and engage with fellow childminders across the country.
    Professionals who are looking to create a positive way to support the development of the sector.
    We would like to help you express an interest in remaining independent and self-employed.
    As an Independent child minders you should set your own prices for your services in your setting.
    House prices of the setting, nearness to schools and public transport will effect your costs.
    You need to stay competitive but also earn a reasonable salary.
    Independent child minders do not wish to give up some of their income to help pay to run an agency"

Yes - I don't get it either...
    Sounds like a lot of old guff to me :-)

21. Likes phoenix2010 liked this post
    justgoodfriends Guest

House price of the setting shouldn't make a difference to how much we charge?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Totally agree what a load of crock. Im in 10 mins walking distance of 3 schools and on a public transport route however live in a so called deprived area so house prices are low. So how they work that out
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it does actually and I think they have worded it poorly. I think they are referring to the fact that where you live makes a difference to what you can charge.

For example the average fees within a mile of me in one direction are now £5ph. If you drive a mile in the other direction to an fairy exclusive small much desired town where the average price of housing easily exceeds £500,000, where a one form entry Primary school easily raises £24,000 a year via the PA and the fees cm charge are a min £6ph and I have recently heard of one charging £8ph now I could never charge that even though I prob live in a bigger house than most of them!!!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Yes it does actually and I think they have worded it poorly. I think they are referring to the fact that where you live makes a difference to what you can charge.

For example the average fees within a mile of me in one direction are now £5ph. If you drive a mile in the other direction to an fairy exclusive small much desired town where the average price of housing easily exceeds £500,000, where a one form entry Primary school easily raises £24,000 a year via the PA and the fees cm charge are a min £6ph and I have recently heard of one charging £8ph now I could never charge that even though I prob live in a bigger house than most of them!!!
    Doesn't instil much confidence if they don't know how to word the basics. House prices have nothing to do it with the pricing structure the affluency (if this is such a word) of the area which it always has been.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast