Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NCMA consulted by Ms Truss??

just been reading (and joining in) with the discussion on mumsnet with Elizabeth Truss...when (repeatedly) pushed for the answer to the question "who did you consult with and meet with about these proposals" she finally replied with the aswer that she consulted with the NCMA...am i the only one who is worried by this??? If the NCMA are in favour of increasing ratios and having agencies I'm not sure I want to be a member any longer???

2. Likes lisbet, Kiddleywinks, mum24, wellybelly liked this post
    jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catlyn View Post
    just been reading (and joining in) with the discussion on mumsnet with Elizabeth Truss...when (repeatedly) pushed for the answer to the question "who did you consult with and meet with about these proposals" she finally replied with the aswer that she consulted with the NCMA...am i the only one who is worried by this??? If the NCMA are in favour of increasing ratios and having agencies I'm not sure I want to be a member any longer???
    OMG I can't believe it!!!!!!!!! Or can I ??
    If they have dealt with her and indicated that they're in favour , I for one will be DEMANDING AN EXPLANATION from NCMA about why their members were'nt apprised of this or asked their opinion.
    They're supposed to be representing us, at the very least they could have run a poll to ask what we thought.

4. Likes loocyloo, mum24 liked this post
    Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

NCMA are not in favour of increased ratios or agencies - please read their response to More Great Childcare here

More Great Childcare? NCMA responds - Childcare in Politics - Childcare in Politics - NCMA Local

if you cannot access it let me know and I will copy and paste later

Cx

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha! Ha! me too! I'm Southern Polish!

8. Likes catlyn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

NCMA need to have a word with LT I think!

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

unbelievable :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    NCMA are not in favour of increased ratios or agencies - please read their response to More Great Childcare here

More Great Childcare? NCMA responds - Childcare in Politics - Childcare in Politics - NCMA Local

if you cannot access it let me know and I will copy and paste later

Cx
    Maybe the NCMA are saying one thing to Ms Truss and another to its members....or maybe I'm just very cynical! Be interesting to see how long it takes the ncma to start setting up agencies.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cathyd View Post
    Maybe the NCMA are saying one thing to Ms Truss and another to its members....or maybe I'm just very cynical! Be interesting to see how long it takes the ncma to start setting up agencies.
    Mmm do we do take the word of an politican
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=cathyd;1208097]Maybe the NCMA are saying one thing to Ms Truss and another to its members....or maybe I'm just very cynical! Be interesting to see how long it takes the ncma to start setting up agencies.[/QUO

Ok she is saying she has consulted with NCMA she is not saying she listened to them

14. Likes Childrenatheart, Mouse, loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just gone into my email account and I have received an email from NCMA which I have copied and pasted below - they will be responding further in the next day or so

‘NCMA believes in individual inspection and our campaign continues to support the best interests of all our members who, as we do, believe in individually registered childminders.’

The overwhelming majority of our members are not supportive of the agency proposal and, even though it is now only an optional way to register and operate as a childminder, we believe it still risks undermining parental confidence and will create a two tiered system for childminders to operate in. This will lead to parental confusion and a loss of professional recognition for childminders.

We also do not see it as an effective model to raise the quality of individual childminder practice and that the focus should remain on requiring individual childminders to meet minimum standards and to be supported to take individual responsibility to continuously improve.

Some of you may have seen the live webchat with Liz Truss which took place on Mumsnet earlier today in which she stated that, prior to announcing the Government’s proposals on childcare this week – in particular related to the creation of an agency model – she consulted with ‘lots and lots’ of childcare providers and professional bodies, including NCMA.

We fully support individual inspection not the development of childminder agencies and it is important to remember that we reiterate this at every opportunity we have to the government, policy makers and key decision makers.

NCMA will be expanding on this statement in the coming days and will of course be sharing this response as widely as possible.’

16. Likes Childrenatheart, catlyn, zippy, Tunja liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

she implied in the webchat that the NCMA are in favour of the proposals....what she actually did was consulted them then ignored them...just like she ignored most of the questions today...stupid woman!!!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A politican who answers questions - no I cant think of one.

What she has done nicely is put doubt in the minds of people about whether or not people can trust the NCMA. I see the start of divide and conquer tactics
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    Just gone into my email account and I have received an email from NCMA which I have copied and pasted below - they will be responding further in the next day or so

‘NCMA believes in individual inspection and our campaign continues to support the best interests of all our members who, as we do, believe in individually registered childminders.’

The overwhelming majority of our members are not supportive of the agency proposal and, even though it is now only an optional way to register and operate as a childminder, we believe it still risks undermining parental confidence and will create a two tiered system for childminders to operate in. This will lead to parental confusion and a loss of professional recognition for childminders.

We also do not see it as an effective model to raise the quality of individual childminder practice and that the focus should remain on requiring individual childminders to meet minimum standards and to be supported to take individual responsibility to continuously improve.

Some of you may have seen the live webchat with Liz Truss which took place on Mumsnet earlier today in which she stated that, prior to announcing the Government’s proposals on childcare this week – in particular related to the creation of an agency model – she consulted with ‘lots and lots’ of childcare providers and professional bodies, including NCMA.

We fully support individual inspection not the development of childminder agencies and it is important to remember that we reiterate this at every opportunity we have to the government, policy makers and key decision makers.

NCMA will be expanding on this statement in the coming days and will of course be sharing this response as widely as possible.’
    Thank goodness they're jumping on this so quickly, do we need to get a copy of the petition to NCMA so they can wave it as they refute the implication that they were a part of the Truss Plan?

Post Thanks / Like

Can't the NCMA link to our petition? We have to all join forces over this.

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post
    Can't the NCMA link to our petition? We have to all join forces over this.
    I understand they have given their backing to the first petition

Cx

22. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lilac_dragon View Post
    Thank goodness they're jumping on this so quickly, do we need to get a copy of the petition to NCMA so they can wave it as they refute the implication that they were a part of the Truss Plan?
    i emailed it to ncma yesterday. i was having a stroppy moment and sent them a very stroppy email asking what on earth they were doing or not doing by not responding to all these proposals!

but maybe we all need to email it to them!

i haven't had a reply yet!

24. Likes lilac_dragon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the update statement NCMA posted today I would like to see a link to our petition. Perhaps there are some CMs who aren't on here or Mumsnet, so possibly unaware.

I'm able to keep in the loop as I'm not working much at the mo - but many CMs might be out of the loop. I've been tweeting, posting and emailing all day long, but wouldn't be if I was looking after little ones. Some CMs prob not reading Mumsnet webchat until this evening.

Post Thanks / Like

I think quite a few of us emailed NCMA immediately after the webchat (I did) and their new statement was up within a couple of hours. So I think they have been 'alerted'.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When a government minister says "consulted" they frequently mean "sat in a room with and ignored".

Truss will have listened to many EY providers until she collected enough anecdotal evidence to manipulate into whatever "evidence" suits her own prejudices.

(Like that CMing couple down the road from her who are strangely incapable of buying enough milk uness the ratios are changed - wierd.)

28. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You'd think that during her time at Oxford she'd have learned that the plural of anecdote is not evidence. [insert eyeroll.here]
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

30. Likes loocyloo, bunyip liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast