Ms Truss and Live Web Chat
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    BuggsieMoo Guest

Default Ms Truss and Live Web Chat

Apparently this is happening tomorrow on MUMSNET - who fancies having a little 'chat' with her...or will she block us as childminders like her twitter account?
    This is tomorrow lunchtime and ill post a thread to it once its made available.

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have just put my questions (main and follow up) on Mumsnet while the little one is sleeping - I urge you all to do the same

Dear Ms Truss,

Over 40,000 childminders, early years professionals and parents have now signed 2 petitions against changes to ratios... one directed to you and one to the Dept for Education. They are on ***** if you would like to browse under 'early years'.

Many more childminders are going to be writing to you over the next few days and weeks to share their concerns about childminders and agencies - some emails should already have reached your inbox.

Concerns about your plans are wide ranging. However, they are mostly focussed on 2 main areas - our children's health, safety, wellbeing and outcomes... and our future business sustainability.

My question is - when are you going to start listening to us?

My follow up question - do you really think pushing these plans through and giving interviews where you talk about them as a fait accompli without support from the majority of the people the plans affect is a good career decision?

PS. I am very concerned that you do not fully understand current childminder ratios as you made a mistake in your recent interview with NW magazine. I am more than happy to take you through them if you would like to contact me.

All the best, Sarah

Post Thanks / Like

Well the webchat was mostly steaming big pile of horse poo wasn't it?
    Feeling even less sure and more alarmed and angry.