Petition against childminders charging for bank holidays!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  89
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    justgoodfriends Guest

Default Petition against childminders charging for bank holidays!!

Stop childminders/nurserys charging us when THEY are closed for bank holidays or personal holidays - e-petitions

I have had enough of child-minders & nursery’s been allowed to charge us when they are closed or on holidays. Childcare costs enough as it is without us having to be charged full price when childcare places don’t even have our children. The Government wants more new mums back to work!! How’s this possible when families are paying extra for childcare they don’t get and losing money by taking time off to care for the children themselves? Its time this was stopped and made illegal. I wouldn’t pay for a taxi I haven’t had a lift in, why should we pay for childcare we don’t get? I want the Government to step in and make this an illegal act so families are only paying for the childcare they actually receive.

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

3. Likes N/A, FussyElmo, lynnslittleuns liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Really
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah and it is totally unacceptable when you are paying to go away on holiday and stay somewhere else for a week to still have to pay your rent/mortgage- I mean how out of order is that?!

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh for goodness sake!
    If all else fails......add glitter!

7. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if those that have signed the petition will be handing back the wages they get for NOT working bank holidays. Seriously, b/h are the ONLY paid holiday I get in a year. Just shows how much the parents that have signed value their childcare

9. Likes loocyloo, lisbet, winstonian, Lilylulu liked this post
    Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

*****......i bet

wibble x
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cathyd View Post
    I wonder if those that have signed the petition will be handing back the wages they get for NOT working bank holidays. Seriously, b/h are the ONLY paid holiday I get in a year. Just shows how much the parents that have signed value their childcare
    and i don't even work mondays now, so don't get that benefit !!!

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Only 10 signatures so far (not doing too well ;-) ) .... I bet she wouldn't tell her boss, not to pay her for bank holidays and holidays as she is not 'actually' working.

13. Likes Sarahbelle, Lilylulu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet she wouldn't want to pay if her child is ill either.

So glad I am not her childminder!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Post Thanks / Like

Ohh what a joy she must be to have as a parent!!
    Although I do agree that the Gov should step in to make it make sure we get payed for what we actually work!! :-)

16. Likes mum24 liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't suppose we could start an e-petition for the compulsory sterilization of potential parents who don't have 2 braincells to rub together.

Could we?

jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Is this a joke????

mar 97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Is this a joke????
    My thoughts exactly, it's got to be a wind up !!!
    How about a petition to make it illegal for parents to pay childminders a week after the fees are due ????? Wonder how many parents would sign that................... ?

20. Likes mum24, jake liked this post
    Sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I've obviously given in to the pressure!! I've never charged for Bank Holidays, as I'm closed... ;-)

22. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cathrawlings View Post
    I've obviously given in to the pressure!! I've never charged for Bank Holidays, as I'm closed... ;-)
    Me neither, I cant charge for a service if Im closed !!!!!

Non childminder member
    Accountant
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's a joke - I think it is a heartfelt plea from a childminder's CUSTOMER saying that he (he gives his name as David) is not happy with one aspect of the service he uses. How would you feel if your electricity supplier cut you off on Monday and still expected you to pay for the electricity you haven't used? Would you want the electricity supplier to listen to your complaint and think about how they can improve their service, or would you expect them to treat you with contempt?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnchovy View Post
    I don't think it's a joke - I think it is a heartfelt plea from a childminder's CUSTOMER saying that he (he gives his name as David) is not happy with one aspect of the service he uses. How would you feel if your electricity supplier cut you off on Monday and still expected you to pay for the electricity you haven't used? Would you want the electricity supplier to listen to your complaint and think about how they can improve their service, or would you expect them to treat you with contempt?
    But no one forced him to sign with that cm/nursery. There are plenty of cms out there who dont charge for their holidays or BH's
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

26. Likes Helly Belly liked this post
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr Anchovy - I personally don't charge for days I am closed but that is totally my choice - I would be really annoyed if the government started to day we weren't "allowed"to do certain things for our businesses. We don't have laws covering us for things like minimum pay so why would this parent think we would have a law outlining when we can and can't charge. Maybe he should have looked around at other care before signing a contract he wasn't happy with? If people do charge I think it is fair as long as they have stated this when contracts were signed. If it was not stated or written down anywhere then I also feel a childminder should be able to stand back aplogise for not being clear and not charge this time but state they will from then on and give the parent theability to move on if it is really that bad for them.

28. Likes bunyip, ChocolateChip, jake liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the electric co analogy is invalid. They are a big organisation which is staffed, equipped and expected to provide a 24/7 utility 365 days a year. A CM is an individual who might actually provide a better service by being allowed the occasional day off for R&R.

Also(and this has already been alluded to) I have a contract with the leccy company that they will be open bank holidays. I'm assuming the petitioner's CM has not contracted to such an arrangement. This is someone who has freely agreed to a contract then seeks to get it overturned by changing the law. I think that's a pretty low form of deceit.

Apart from anything else, it doesn't make mathematical sense. Any business works out what it needs to make, and then sets its rates accordingly. So if the petitioner is successful, and charges for B/Hol closures are outlawed, then the CM merely needs to adjust his/her normal rates accordingly. In fact, I expect their accountant would recommned this if the CM lacked the mathematical genius to figure it out for themselves.

Btw, I don't charge for any day I'm closed. I don't even charge for parent's own holidays. But I have no issue with CMs who do. OTOH when I was an employee, I never begged my employer to take back any of my wages for the bank holidays and other holidays when I wasn't working. I thought that was all part of the contract.

30. Likes helengreen13, ajc, mum24, jake liked this post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast