Petition against childminders charging for bank holidays!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  89
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Can anyone tell me where this petition is or put a link so we can read what it is asking people to sign?
    sorry but I was not aware there was one in the first place...
    theres a link on the very first post Simona x

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Well when I posted on 7/2/13 there were 10 signatures and I have just had a look and now on the 20/3/13 there are a whopping 14 signatures!!!!!

At this rate he might get up to 20 signatures before the Petition ends in August.
    It's got me breaking out in a cold sweat. Be afraid, be very afraid.

3. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Simona Guest

I can't see it??? back I go

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Link: Stop childminders/nurserys charging us when THEY are closed for bank holidays or personal holidays - e-petitions

Don't worry Simona, I also had some trouble finding the OP - I think the site was playing up for a bit.

This is still funny, months on from when it first came up. I can see the bare logic of parents not wanting to pay for a service they don't get. But then that logic has to be extended to the employers who are paying those parents to not provide the service of their labour when on holiday or bank holidays. So shouldn't those employers should start their own petition against having to give holiday pay to their staff?

It somehow reminds me of Ebeneezer Scrooge (that's Michael Caine) responding to Bob Cratchit (ie. Kermit the Frog)'s request to have a day off for Christmas, by leaning forward menacing and stating, "very well - but it's a poor excuse for picking a man's pocket."

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

lol I missed this one

I don't charge for BH or my holidays phew not going out in flames!

Simona Guest

Ridiculous petition...if parents don't want to pay for BH discuss it with the cm or find one who doesn't charge!!!
    It has attracted no interest but wonder if it has influenced the DfE in any way?
    Who is this David Paul anyway?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I don't charge for bank holidays but I would like to raise the point that it was the NCMA who put the idea into our heads (their contracts) in the first place and then they suggested that all childminders should ask for paid holidays! This is why I am not with the NCMA anymore - I think they have lost the plot.
    NCMA suggested over 10 years ago that cm should charge for their holidays and that we should have 4 paid training days a year as well. I have always charged for BH at the normal rate if a parent doesn't use the day and at an enhanced rate if they do.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234