Default More deregulation news

Sarah made me aware of this over the weekend

Now it is in Nursery World

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/b...eryWorldUpdate

Penny

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just had an email update from Nursery World about it. I'm really, really disheartened at the moment. Looks like they've made their decision and no amount of campaigning or noise will change their minds. How can they get away with it??

I'm just starting off on my childminding journey and all my enthusiasm is fast evaporating.

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrstom View Post
    I've just had an email update from Nursery World about it. I'm really, really disheartened at the moment. Looks like they've made their decision and no amount of campaigning or noise will change their minds. How can they get away with it??

I'm just starting off on my childminding journey and all my enthusiasm is fast evaporating.
    I am the same - I feel that there is NOTHING that will stop this government doing just what it wants to do. They seem determined to save money in the short term with any thought about long term finacial costs - or the impact on the children

My emotions are all over the place, depressed, sad, angry and more

Penny

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

All the more reason for me to make sure I am on the course I want to do in September which will take me right away from childminding. 2 years is my plan, my son will be in High School and current full timer will be in reception.

I just know its going to backfire on them and there will be less childcare places available or ones that are so overcrowded.

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

It's frightening, all this government seem to be worried about is saving money in whatever way possible.

I'm not even registered as a CM yet so very disheartening for me just starting in this career. My LO is with a childminder currently and I'm so disappointed that the government seem to be taking away from all the good work that CM's do.

Big sigh. Why aren't they listening?

Anna x

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penny1959 View Post
    I am the same - I feel that there is NOTHING that will stop this government doing just what it wants to do. They seem determined to save money in the short term with any thought about long term finacial costs - or the impact on the children
    Why go through the motions of listening when it is quite obvious that they aren't. Are they even going to acknowledge the comments that have been made thus far by the anti-deregulation supporters and attempt to allay our fears/show us in detail how they think it will all work?

I'd like to shake Mr Gove and his chums very warmly by the throat! They haven't thought it through at all. How can they have? It just doesn't make sense.

They're going to find themselves with a lack of childcare providers and with that will come sub-standard care to help plug the gap. How long until the next poor child makes the headlines??

And I'm actually seething at their sheer lack of respect for the general public and their views. I'm one of the misguided fools who actually voted these muppets in.

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going on Mat leave at the end oif the year till next Sept and if this is the way things will go I wont be coming back!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I feel that is the end of childminding isn't it.

What sensible parent is going to use unregulated care for their children?

There is another Day Nursery opening in our town and I guess as childminder's leave there will be more and more.

I really fear for all the children of the future and the parents who will have so much less choice in the kind of childcare they use.

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post

There is another Day Nursery opening in our town and I guess as childminder's leave there will be more and more.

I really fear for all the children of the future and the parents who will have so much less choice in the kind of childcare they use.
    I agree Ricky -its the beginning of the end and the decisions - although not set in stone yet are already on that slipperly slope.

Its gutting absolutely gutting

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

not good.

really cross as they have obviously not listened/read a word we have said

as i read it, they will be deregulating childminders who only care for 5-8s...seeing as they only actually inspect us on EY children, they think they will be saving money.

have just emailed my MP again!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 06-08-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Simona Guest

Default Deregulation of the Early Years workforce

It was announced that DfE is going ahead with the deregulation of the entire workforce...not just c/ms !!!

Please reply to the Childcare Commission which is open until end of August but also express concerns that at this time many are on holiday and unable to respond....the timing is unfair
    Write to your MP and anyone you can...join in the campaign on Twitter and Facebook by spreading the news

Read the Nursery World article and letter from Gove to Ofsted...we mus keep pressure on....many others will now join us
    I feel c/ms have been used as a smokescreen while Dfe planned to deregulate everyone

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/.../Go...s-deregulation

media.education.gov.uk/.../secretary%20of%20states%20letter%20to%20her%20maje stys%20chief%20inspector%20ofsted.pdf

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=loocyloo;1139193]not good.

as i read it, they will be deregulating childminders who only care for 5-8s...seeing as they only actually inspect us on EY children, they think they will be saving money.

Thats what I thought so does that mean if we care for U5's we will be ok ?

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post

Please reply to the Childcare Commission which is open until end of August but also express concerns that at this time many are on holiday and unable to respond....the timing is unfair
    Timing is unfair or planned perfectly??

Call me cynical but the timing of this whole thing:

a) over the summer
    b) when we're about have the transition into the revised EYFS (people may be concentrating on other things)
    and
    c) combined with the fact the questions of the 'call for evidence' are so flouncy and not straightforward

certainly makes me think they've made their decision but want to push this through quickly but with minimum comeback/fallout should there be complaints about it.

They asked us for our opinion but I can see not many people responding at the moment and certainly not within the timescales given.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Penny and I have given you example responses here -

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...d.php?t=105817

Use them! It won't take you long then

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Penny and I have given you example responses here -

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...d.php?t=105817

Use them! It won't take you long then
    I've printed them off and plan to do it this weekend

July 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel sick to my stomach worried - what's the time frame here??

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post

Ah now I think there will be lots of parents queuing for really cheap childcare a fraction of a nursery, people looking after millions of kids (well not quite) kids running round screaming all day and parents not really fussed as they have childcare for a quarter the cost of a nursery. X

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikki thomson View Post
    Ah now I think there will be lots of parents queuing for really cheap childcare a fraction of a nursery, people looking after millions of kids (well not quite) kids running round screaming all day and parents not really fussed as they have childcare for a quarter the cost of a nursery. X
    But why should I lower my prices? I earn a good living at the moment but not a great one why would I want to go cheap and have to take on more children to earn my living?

I won't be able to take Childcare Vouchers or parents on Tax Credits or those funded by Care to Learn or College or Uni.

That could mean that I loose the parents I currently have and with the greatest of respect what kind of parent will I get if their only criteria is to find the cheapest care?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikki thomson View Post
    But why should I lower my prices? I earn a good living at the moment but not a great one why would I want to go cheap and have to take on more children to earn my living?

I won't be able to take Childcare Vouchers or parents on Tax Credits or those funded by Care to Learn or College or Uni.

That could mean that I loose the parents I currently have and with the greatest of respect what kind of parent will I get if their only criteria is to find the cheapest care?

People in my area actually do use the more expensive Nurseries. I have worked hard to build my reputation and have done things like getting the local Quality Standards Accreditation and recently my Level 3 Diploma so I stand out from other cms and show I am actually better qualified than most of the Local Day Nurseries.

I find the thought of deregulation degrading, and it is a kick in the face of all the training and development I have undertaken over the last 18 years to provide the best possible childcare for parents, because it is saying any Tom, Dick, or Harry can set up as a cm, minimal checks, no training, no paperwork required

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

it looks like we have to start opening Nurseries up. it sucks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast