Default More deregulation news

Sarah made me aware of this over the weekend

Now it is in Nursery World

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/b...eryWorldUpdate

Penny

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just had an email update from Nursery World about it. I'm really, really disheartened at the moment. Looks like they've made their decision and no amount of campaigning or noise will change their minds. How can they get away with it??

I'm just starting off on my childminding journey and all my enthusiasm is fast evaporating.

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrstom View Post
    I've just had an email update from Nursery World about it. I'm really, really disheartened at the moment. Looks like they've made their decision and no amount of campaigning or noise will change their minds. How can they get away with it??

I'm just starting off on my childminding journey and all my enthusiasm is fast evaporating.
    I am the same - I feel that there is NOTHING that will stop this government doing just what it wants to do. They seem determined to save money in the short term with any thought about long term finacial costs - or the impact on the children

My emotions are all over the place, depressed, sad, angry and more

Penny

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

All the more reason for me to make sure I am on the course I want to do in September which will take me right away from childminding. 2 years is my plan, my son will be in High School and current full timer will be in reception.

I just know its going to backfire on them and there will be less childcare places available or ones that are so overcrowded.

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

It's frightening, all this government seem to be worried about is saving money in whatever way possible.

I'm not even registered as a CM yet so very disheartening for me just starting in this career. My LO is with a childminder currently and I'm so disappointed that the government seem to be taking away from all the good work that CM's do.

Big sigh. Why aren't they listening?

Anna x

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penny1959 View Post
    I am the same - I feel that there is NOTHING that will stop this government doing just what it wants to do. They seem determined to save money in the short term with any thought about long term finacial costs - or the impact on the children
    Why go through the motions of listening when it is quite obvious that they aren't. Are they even going to acknowledge the comments that have been made thus far by the anti-deregulation supporters and attempt to allay our fears/show us in detail how they think it will all work?

I'd like to shake Mr Gove and his chums very warmly by the throat! They haven't thought it through at all. How can they have? It just doesn't make sense.

They're going to find themselves with a lack of childcare providers and with that will come sub-standard care to help plug the gap. How long until the next poor child makes the headlines??

And I'm actually seething at their sheer lack of respect for the general public and their views. I'm one of the misguided fools who actually voted these muppets in.

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going on Mat leave at the end oif the year till next Sept and if this is the way things will go I wont be coming back!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I feel that is the end of childminding isn't it.

What sensible parent is going to use unregulated care for their children?

There is another Day Nursery opening in our town and I guess as childminder's leave there will be more and more.

I really fear for all the children of the future and the parents who will have so much less choice in the kind of childcare they use.