Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

just been talking to my DO, who has talked to the CHIEF of northyorks, they haven't particuarly heard anything about this, but nurseries in north yorkshire will NOT be taking 2 yr olds! not in the near future - couldn't say about the distant future, but will not be something they encourage as not the appropriate setting for 2 yr olds

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    just been talking to my DO, who has talked to the CHIEF of northyorks, they haven't particuarly heard anything about this, but nurseries in north yorkshire will NOT be taking 2 yr olds! not in the near future - couldn't say about the distant future, but will not be something they encourage as not the appropriate setting for 2 yr olds
    Thank goodness - someone with common sense and an understanding of young children

Penny

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Not sure I'd want to jump before I was pushed BUT cake inspections sound highly preferable to what ET's suggested so far - will read your plans with interest Penny

Miffy xx
    Miffy from what I have read this morning - and from conversation with many non childminding proffessionals - I think cake inspections are about the most sensible suggestion being discussed

See my post on another good idea from government.

I am now expanding my idea to make sure I (and my forum friends) run the CC and if possible on the cake idea!

Seriously though - I think we still have not had the 'big picture' and who knows what we will end up with

Penny

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to dd's pre-school, and they had no idea what i was on about, so they know nothing.

from what i read in the paper yesterday and my own thoughts following all of this on here, this is what i think is going to happen.

2 yr olds offerd 15 hrs a week, BUT can be in any form, so the government want pre-schools etc to offer 2 or 3 full days, ie 7 .5 hrs a day.

So, child X goes to pre-school Mon & Tues,

Weds, Thurs & Fri X goes to a cm, but under the proposals we are supposedly charging less, so X's parents are able to work 5 days a week, pay for 3 days childcare at a lesser rate than now.

Any more thoughts???
    Marnie x

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

7.5 hours is longer than a full time school day. Pre-school will have to change its set up to cope with 2 year olds doing that many hours.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Errrr just how long is it until the next general election
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123