Petition - Stop Deregulation!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

just went to pick up my emails and quite a few of my friends have signed for us, but also saw a story about Richard Branson not liking the coalition or something on the news feed so I have looked up his twitter account and sent him a link to the petition too !! you never know xx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by desiderata View Post
    just went to pick up my emails and quite a few of my friends have signed for us, but also saw a story about Richard Branson not liking the coalition or something on the news feed so I have looked up his twitter account and sent him a link to the petition too !! you never know xx

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Today has been a slow day for the petition numbers - Just over 3700 signed and dribbling in sporadically through the day.

Could everyone before they go to bed do a mass Facebook link to petition and if on Twitter do the same so that loads of people see it on facebook and twitter in the morning?

If you are on pinterest there is a pin on there as well which you can repin.

Hopefully when people return to their work places tomorrow the numbers will start clocking up again. Yesterday was a GOOD day for the petition.

Just to boost your confidence that what we are doing is a good thing:

The petition has only been live since mid afternoon last Monday - in less than a week we have clocked over 3700 signatures.

The NCMA survey only got 2900 people complete it in many more weeks than that. So people do care, they are signing and we are doing a great job.

Many organisations and supporters of childminders have posted, linked and forwarded on our behalf and will continue to spread the word.

Hopefully next week we will get some media interest and that might liven things up a bit.

Keep going people -
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by uf353432 View Post
    Today has been a slow day for the petition numbers - Just over 3700 signed and dribbling in sporadically through the day.

Could everyone before they go to bed do a mass Facebook link to petition and if on Twitter do the same so that loads of people see it on facebook and twitter in the morning?

If you are on pinterest there is a pin on there as well which you can repin.

Hopefully when people return to their work places tomorrow the numbers will start clocking up again. Yesterday was a GOOD day for the petition.

Just to boost your confidence that what we are doing is a good thing:

The petition has only been live since mid afternoon last Monday - in less than a week we have clocked over 3700 signatures.

The NCMA survey only got 2900 people complete it in many more weeks than that. So people do care, they are signing and we are doing a great job.

Many organisations and supporters of childminders have posted, linked and forwarded on our behalf and will continue to spread the word.

Hopefully next week we will get some media interest and that might liven things up a bit.

Keep going people -
    DITTO

Plus next week we have the media release planned by *****, my letter should be in nursery world, quite a few are sending their LA the briefing - and loads are giving out the leaflets. Organisation joining us over the last couple of days are now spreading the news to their members - so we should see an increase in signatures.

Each signature will make a difference - even if we don't get the 100,000 signatures people are noticing and are talking about it - and if we get a few more - maybe Debbie will get to go the Breakfast Show sofa!

Thank you all so much - I know a lot of you have given a lot of time to this over the last week - and I am sure like me you are shattered - and 'other things' have not been done - but it is worth it

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

erm - i'm not sitting on the sofa on my own - I will be seeking voluteers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uf353432 View Post
    erm - i'm not sitting on the sofa on my own - I will be seeking voluteers!
    I volunteer".............................. Penny and Sarah

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Here is the wording that is going on my blogs in a moment along with some answers to frequently asked questions about the EYFS and other bits and bobs about childminding...

Blogs here - http://knutsfordchildminding.blogspot.co.uk/

And here - http://www.knutsfordchildmindingresources.co.uk/

I feel I have earned a coffee now!

A petition to protect our jobs!

Our self employed status and incomes are seriously under threat by government suggestions that we might work via an agency (who take a percentage of our

income, control our fees and invoicing etc) in the future.

Some reports have suggested that the agency which controls childminders might be local nurseries - can you imagine your income being reliant on referrals from the local nursery, often your biggest competition!?!

These threats to our future sustainability are linked to a report written by Conservative MP Elizabeth Truss which basically suggests that childminders are not capable of running their own businesses!

It will potentially open up a 2 tier system where nurseries and pre-schools are registered with and inspected by Ofsted and childminders no longer have individual Ofsted registration or inspection reports.

We will also possibly be asked to work for less money … with more children!!

Please take a moment to read and sign this petition to protect your income and self employed status in the future -

http://www.*****/petitions/uk-g...e-childminders

Please pass it on to all your childminder friends via Facebook, Twitter etc and write to your local MP (copy to Ms Truss and the Chief Inspector of Ofsted Mr Willshaw) and local councilors to ask for their support.

The more coverage we can get on this issue, the more our businesses will hopefully be protected.

The deregulation issue is being discussed on the Childminding Forum - so don’t forget to pop back regularly for updates.

Thanks Sarah - have you written anything for parents you could share?

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Thanks Sarah - have you written anything for parents you could share?

Miffy xx
    There are ideas for questions to ask / information to give parents in the document I wrote here -

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...d.php?t=101392

Is that what you want? If not give me a better brief and I'm sure I can come up with something

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I have read that once, I'll have another read and see if I can sort something out from there, thanks xx
    Keep smiling!

Penny1959 Guest

I volunteer".............................. Penny and Sarah

Miffy xx
    No problem - I volunteer for most things - especially things that take me out of my comfort zone - and then panic about what I have done

I will sit on sofa if needed

Penny

sept 2006
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

ping - light blub moment lol
    stuck a leaflet on the front door to see what the parents have to say
    Debra x (kyddcare.com)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by debratina View Post
    ping - light blub moment lol
    stuck a leaflet on the front door to see what the parents have to say
    Good idea - let us know what response you get.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Penny1959 Guest

Have seen MM have signed petition

Penny

sept 2006
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

miffy
    one of my parents didnt even know what deregulation meant and he's in a very good job
    Debra x (kyddcare.com)

Post Thanks / Like

Just looked and we've just passed 4000

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Penny1959 Guest

Just looked and we've just passed 4000

Miffy xx
    Thank You All - from Debbie, me, childminders up and down the country - even those who don't know about it yet

and most importantly from the children -

I think people will start to take a bit more notice now - and if we keep going what will the 'number' be this time next week?

Penny

Post Thanks / Like

It's truly a fabulous achievement in such a short space of time.

Hope the ball keeps rolling and we gather more and more support

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Emailed about 18 childminders on Thurs morning with the link...not got 1 response yet Also the LA haven't replied to my email either.

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just had a phone call from a childminder called Ann in Dartford, she has advised Nursery World would like to do a article on the petition and wanted my details to pass onto the person who has interviewed her.

She also has a student working for her at the moment - who is taking the details of the campaign to her college to canvass support in addition to her whole address book.

Momentum is still gathering - keep doing a fab job!

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/r...-childminding/

and a sweet link to the petition! nice!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast