Petition
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Petition

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentTink View Post

Finally I sent my husband to work with a load of leaflets asking for support,
    Could you attach a copy of your leaflet - others might be able to use it

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I had a reply from my network co-ordinator this evening, after asking her if she could send it out... Not a positive one either...

"Will let you know if I am able to do any more with your request. at the moment I have been asked to confirm that you are aware that this is in consultation and we have put out the message about childminders engaging in this consultation to express their views. Any childminder can do this through NCMA website (national). Nothing has been decided yet.

I appreciate it causes concern but sometimes it can get very hyped up with the media too. A petition is one way of voicing views however the consultation route would also be a very good an constructive method too."

Hmmmm...???

I had told her I'd read the house of commons stuff, and listed to Truss on radio etc, so it's not just 'hyped up media' I'm worried about....

xxx

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mum2two View Post
    Well I had a reply from my network co-ordinator this evening, after asking her if she could send it out... Not a positive one either...

"Will let you know if I am able to do any more with your request. at the moment I have been asked to confirm that you are aware that this is in consultation and we have put out the message about childminders engaging in this consultation to express their views. Any childminder can do this through NCMA website (national). Nothing has been decided yet.

I appreciate it causes concern but sometimes it can get very hyped up with the media too. A petition is one way of voicing views however the consultation route would also be a very good an constructive method too."

Hmmmm...???

I had told her I'd read the house of commons stuff, and listed to Truss on radio etc, so it's not just 'hyped up media' I'm worried about....

xxx
    Have you told her that link to epetition is on NCMAlocal and that NCMA staff (as themselves have signed plus lots of well known other professional - people can actually do the consultation and the epetition

Good luck with trying to convince her

Penny

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My DO has been very quiet on this matter. When I spoke to here previously, about the questionnaire and consequences, she sounded negative, but cagey, now I am wondering........

HX

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

my old ex-Do who is now somewhere else told me he can't get too involved on a work basis due to politics but wil be signing it on an personal basis as soon as he finishes work.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    my old ex-Do who is now somewhere else told me he can't get too involved on a work basis due to politics but wil be signing it on an personal basis as soon as he finishes work.
    I have heard the same from my ex LA colleagues - they have to be careful and can not state their work role but they can sign as an individual - as I believe a member of NCMA staff has done - as an individual

Penny

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Campaign Leaflet for you all to print and distribute

in this thread http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...d.php?t=102374
    Last edited by uf353432; 25-05-2012 at 12:03 PM.
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    wow! we're getting hold of some good people

i've emailed my DO, who is being rather quiet currently. i'm hoping its just that she is very busy and hasn't read my emails yet.
    Hello Loocyloo, hope you don't mind me jumping in, I'm a shy lurker!! I'm in North Yorkshire, not sure where you are but I'm in the Harrogate area. I emailed my CSSO with information about the petition and a copy of the email I sent to Elizabeth Truss. She got back to me very quickly saying she was very concerned about the issue of deregulation and was going to put it on the agenda at her next team meeting. Hopefully NYCC will take the issue seriously and support us!

Sarah

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had an email from our DO's and network co-ordinators to all childminders in Swindon with a link to the petition urging us to sign. Good to see word is getting out
    Georgina x

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder why some NCMA units are helping us, whilst others aren't.

Firstly thought they were all part of the national NCMA group, so there would be a general NCMA stand on this.

And secondly, aren't they meant to be there speaking on our behalf....???

xx

Post Thanks / Like

Firstly thought they were all part of the national NCMA group, so there would be a general NCMA stand on this.

xx
    I'm not sure about this either - we could do with NCMA putting their weight behind this petition too.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I'm not sure about this either - we could do with NCMA putting their weight behind this petition too.

Miffy xx
    Debbie has written to NCMA asking for their support - she can do this as she is a member

Penny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penny1959 View Post
    Debbie has written to NCMA asking for their support - she can do this as she is a member

Penny
    Well done Debbie

Sorry, I'm not keeping up am I?

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

When I emailed my DO at Bedford Borough, I was basically referred back to the NCMA questionnaire we all filled in a few weeks back

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem alot of DO's have is that they have a clause in their contracts where they are not allowed to get involed in 'politics' but are ok in national campaigns. My local authority are currently trying to find out if they can 'help' because of this clause - whereas the NCMA campaign is fine.

Don't let that stop you from the great work you are doing - professionally they might not be able to support but they won't advertise what they can do off record.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uf353432 View Post
    The problem alot of DO's have is that they have a clause in their contracts where they are not allowed to get involed in 'politics' but are ok in national campaigns. My local authority are currently trying to find out if they can 'help' because of this clause - whereas the NCMA campaign is fine.

Don't let that stop you from the great work you are doing - professionally they might not be able to support but they won't advertise what they can do off record.
    Wow sounds like our DO's are in the minority in getting behind this campaign in a professional capacity. What a crying shame.
    Georgina x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uf353432 View Post
    thats a great idea - Pauline are you in a position to ask any of our forum supporters to help spread the word? after all without childminders their businesses could suffer - especially if its paid services?
    Sorry only just seen this, with so many threads and posts I don't get to see many, feel free to PM me any time if you want something. Anyway, not too late to see what I can do
    Pauline x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

signed and shared x x

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

2600!!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

xx

Because local NCMA Do are employed by the LA not NCMA and so they would have to follow local LA rules I think.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast