Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daftbat View Post
    I don't think that anything that has been brought to our attention shows it to be a "done deal", the whole matter is very much still up for consideration.
    Yes, but whose consideration?

How many actual childminders have been approached for their input? Anyone?

I know the NCMA are doing the survey now, but at what point were even they consulted? At the beginning? Just recently, once 'the ones that were doing the considering' came up with the ideas that are being mentioned?

Any deregulation in regards to the care of children, whether that be a minder, nursery or through schools, can only have a detrimental effect on the most vulnerable of society's masses.

Or is this it? - The consultation process is the NCMA survey/debating on here?

If so, how come my LA/EY team haven't mentioned anything?
    Where was/is the email/letter from Ofsted or the Local Authority asking what our thoughts were
    hmmm...still waiting for that one!

Seems very much like a back door approach and ambush with a done deal to me

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi sarah please would it be ok to borrow bits from your letter to put in a letter to my MP? I have shared the info on deregulation with mindee friends but EYSO is keeping strangely quiet about it:/

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I read it that your MP doesn't have a clue and I'm expecting the same from my MP as well. Of course if he proves me wrong by rallying around for us Childminders then I will be singing his praises from the rooftops. One of my parents said that she is good pals with him - so I am hoping to get an audience with my MP with some local childminders to make our case in person.

I have to be honest my parents and local preschool have been absolutely stunning in their reponses to my call for input. I'm waiting on a couple more promises and then my letter will be in the post on Monday to a whole plethora of 'busy and important people' who wear suits and make decisions with no regard to the little people.

Maybe we should organise a rally - quite fancy a trip to London - get the media involved - do a march, design our own flag - shout an organised mantra from the rooftops, National childminding week could be a good time to do it!
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if any of the changes happen does it mean that our current ofsted grade that we have worked so hard for will mean nothing ?? i have just got outstanding after years of working my socks off for it and would hate to think that it could soon mean nothing when i thought i would be keeping it for at least 3 years

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kats View Post
    Does anyone know if any of the changes happen does it mean that our current ofsted grade that we have worked so hard for will mean nothing ?? i have just got outstanding after years of working my socks off for it and would hate to think that it could soon mean nothing when i thought i would be keeping it for at least 3 years
    Your grade will stand until your next inspection or until they stop doing individual inspections

Although if changes are made they will take some time to implement - so no need to worry about losing your grade at the moment.

Penny

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your letter and your MP's response Sarah - I think I agre with the op who said it sounds like your MP hasn't got a clue what's happening but I'm sure something is

Writing to my MP is on my to do list this weekend

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Kimmy050983 Guest

Right I am going to say this but I don't agree with all of this deregulation BUT I don't think many people here in england realise how good they have got it.I worked as a CM in germany and I looked after 8 kids in total (and then plus another 8 of my cm partner) , 6 of them were under 24 months. I got 35- 50 Euros PER WEEK PER CHILD!!!!! But I loved my job! There was no paperwork , no attendance registers, no policies, no risk assessments yet the parents were all very happy with the care, the children were happy too (I am still in contact with 5 families from 5-8 years ago!!) , the money was rubbish but I felt I was doing what I loved.
    I would rather be deregulated and allowed 5 EY children, and not do paperwork mountains. It doesn't add anything to the care the children receive of me. I am still fantastic at my job but the paperwork side made me get a satisfactory grade that is awful.
    I think there should be the option for no EYFS childminders (still controlled though!!) and for childminders that do EYFS etc.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i wrote ( well, emailed ) my MP last week about something else and had a reply within a few days, and she seemed to have her finger on the pulse there and from what i read, seems pretty active and outspoken, so am hoping for a decent reply!

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

so does this mean that people like my neighbour who minds without being registered can continue to do so legaly? does being deregulated mean we dont have to register with anyone or have insurance or do first aid because no one will be checking on this or am i getting this wrong?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by watgem View Post
    Hi sarah please would it be ok to borrow bits from your letter to put in a letter to my MP? I have shared the info on deregulation with mindee friends but EYSO is keeping strangely quiet about it:/
    Absolutely! That's why I posted it...

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmy050983 View Post
    Right I am going to say this but I don't agree with all of this deregulation BUT I don't think many people here in england realise how good they have got it.I worked as a CM in germany and I looked after 8 kids in total (and then plus another 8 of my cm partner) , 6 of them were under 24 months. I got 35- 50 Euros PER WEEK PER CHILD!!!!! But I loved my job! There was no paperwork , no attendance registers, no policies, no risk assessments yet the parents were all very happy with the care, the children were happy too (I am still in contact with 5 families from 5-8 years ago!!) , the money was rubbish but I felt I was doing what I loved.
    I would rather be deregulated and allowed 5 EY children, and not do paperwork mountains. It doesn't add anything to the care the children receive of me. I am still fantastic at my job but the paperwork side made me get a satisfactory grade that is awful.
    I think there should be the option for no EYFS childminders (still controlled though!!) and for childminders that do EYFS etc.
    I'm curious... how did you manage to look after so many? I feel if we have more children I will be confined to the house as I would never be able to go out with so many children. I can't think of anything worse than having a house full of children and not being able to go out to the park or toddler groups, I would go insane
    Plus I do love children but I wouldn't work for peanuts. I have two children of my own to feed and no matter how much I love my job I just wouldn't do it
    Sounds like you are a fab person

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12