THIS POST NEEDS YOUR ATTENTION NOW!! - THE FUTURE OF CHILDMINDING IS AT STAKE!!!!!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

completed!

are they completely off their rocker or what?!

Do they not realise that by screwing with the system on such a large scale could potentially put the unemployment numbers for the country back up?!

I'm starting to become very worried! I was made redundant back in October '09 from a fairly well paid job. Spent the last 2.5years fighting to keep our home, having and bringing up our son etc but have finally started earning enough for us not to worry about what bills get paid each month! So to possibly lose a minimum of 2 of my mindees because they could no longer pay me with vouchers & the like, would completely mess up my whole business & family!

Post Thanks / Like

Done it!!! Just another system change!!

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Filled in and sent to all my CM friends
    Toothfairy

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    @ Carol

I hear you but what about bias?? LA officials could have favourites, it could see some people either awarded better or weaker grades
    But Ofsted insepctors are hardly fair now, are they? What about the ones who openly say they won't give outstanding to new minders - how much more biased could they get?
    In my opinion it was so much better when we were inspected by local people. They knew us, saw us more often than once every three years and had a much better idea of how we really worked. It would have been impossible to pull the wool over their eyes at an inspection like so many people do now adays.
    Perhaps we were just lucky in that we had a very good local team, but I'm convinced the standard of childminding was much higher when they had a grip on what was happening.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    But Ofsted insepctors are hardly fair now, are they? What about the ones who openly say they won't give outstanding to new minders - how much more biased could they get?
    In my opinion it was so much better when we were inspected by local people. They knew us, saw us more often than once every three years and had a much better idea of how we really worked. It would have been impossible to pull the wool over their eyes at an inspection like so many people do now adays.
    Perhaps we were just lucky in that we had a very good local team, but I'm convinced the standard of childminding was much higher when they had a grip on what was happening.
    Im easily confused at the best of times - BUT if local areas are doing the inspections ; and childminders do not get individual grades but 'area grades' - then they are in effect inspecting themselves!

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My sentiments exactly Mouse
    Carol xx

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Im easily confused at the best of times - BUT if local areas are doing the inspections ; and childminders do not get individual grades but 'area grades' - then they are in effect inspecting themselves!
    No, we still want individual inspections and grades, none of this linking with other settings as a network for one overall grade.
    Carol xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLegsCM View Post
    completed!

are they completely off their rocker or what?!

Do they not realise that by screwing with the system on such a large scale could potentially put the unemployment numbers for the country back up?!

:
    I agree, when we are all out of work and the parents we support can't work due to lack of local childcare (I am in a very rural area with very little childcare, the nearest nursery is 7 miles away) they will be paying even more out on benefits to save a few pounds now.

What a stupid backward step.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Yes, that's what the proposal sounds like - utter rubbish! I wouldn't want my outstanding grade upping the overall grade for some of the awful cms, nor would I want them pulling down the overall grade!

What I was saying was I wouldn't be against being inspected on a local level, but I would still want an individual grade to reflect MY practice, not an overall grade to reflect cms in general. I don't see any value in that at all

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

All filled in-this is the first i've heard of this....i worked SO hard to get my good grading on my first inspection and ofsted said i should have no probs getting outstanding next time-have been high as a kite since but suddenly crashed to earth-wot's the point?!

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

my biggest problem with this is as others have said 'carrying weaker childminders'
    So I work my ...... off to do the best job I can, others do the bare minimum, but it doesn't matter because we as a 'network' all get the same grade.
    Doesn't make sense to me. Have I missed something?

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

done!
    just dont get how they can group us all under one grade, good or bad we're all totally unique individual settings. I dont want to be judged as a group
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

Jan 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Done mine!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes, that's what the proposal sounds like - utter rubbish! I wouldn't want my outstanding grade upping the overall grade for some of the awful cms, nor would I want them pulling down the overall grade!

What I was saying was I wouldn't be against being inspected on a local level, but I would still want an individual grade to reflect MY practice, not an overall grade to reflect cms in general. I don't see any value in that at all
    exactly my thoughts

no one else works like i do from MY home, and i don't work like anyone else in THEIR home! how on earth can we be inspected as a 'group'?

have forwarded this to everyone!

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louise 144 View Post
    my biggest problem with this is as others have said 'carrying weaker childminders'
    So I work my ...... off to do the best job I can, others do the bare minimum, but it doesn't matter because we as a 'network' all get the same grade.
    Doesn't make sense to me. Have I missed something?
    This is my issue too! We've worked easily hard since or last inspection, making lots of improvements and don't want people who do the bare minimum to drag us down, or us drag their grade up.

I don't mind the idea of being inspected by the local authority bods, I'm on the network and get that to a lesser degree as it is. Though I can see lazy jealous childminders sighting favouritism

What is the expected time scale if the changes come in to force? I world loose 4 clients if I couldn't accept vouchers, and those parents all made a choice to use a cm, not a nursery, for a reason and if they can't use vouchers with us, their choice is also being removed

Hx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you Donkey. I am registered with ofsted, they have my e-mail WHY are they not sending these links to us.

i have done it now.

I like the idea of the network in principle as long as THEY then did inspections which gave us individual gradings but not the idea of not having an individual grade
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Just filled it in!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Done mine. They are just trying to cut costs. But at what cost to our businesses and the children themselves
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Lady Haha Guest

My biggest worry is that parents claiming tax credits won't be able to use me

Out of 8 parents I have, I think only one doesn't claim, so I am terrified now.

I really really dont like the idea of being part of a local agency type set up, but if it meant that by being registered with this 'agency' instead of Ofsted, parents could still claim tax credits, I would much prefer that to not being regulated by anyone!

I love my job and the thought of having to go 'out' to work again fill me with absolute terror. Think I might cry

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have filled it in and I will ask dp to do it later.

It is all very worrying

Thank you for posting this Donkey x

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast