THIS POST NEEDS YOUR ATTENTION NOW!! - THE FUTURE OF CHILDMINDING IS AT STAKE!!!!!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Done. can't believe this

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

All done, very scarey stuff
    Helen xXx

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have replied.The longer I think about it the stronger my thoughts become. I actually think that the current Ofsted inspection process is not an accurate picture of the quality provided, as only a snapshot. I would prefer to be registered by Ofsted with all the current regulations and EYFS ... BUT.... I would like the Local Authority to take over inspection.
    I think the LA know more about childminding than OFSTED and they work alongside childminders and see providers delivering quality care and education on a consistent basis.
    I still think Childminding should be regulated and inspected individually, not within a network of settings as again it will not give an accurate picture of the quality and I for one am not happy to be linked with my local childrens centre and nursery where I have witnessed bad practice!
    Please don't shoot the messenger
    Carol xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

done!

I in no way shape or form want to be given a grading based on a network. Parents will have no faith in that grade as it will not reflect my practise.

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Done

From what I've been hearing, and I'm not expert, on courses they can't take the 2 year old funding away from us because there aren't enough nursery places available in september for the children and it's looking that way for a number of years to come, something about a baby boom
    And this is also true for the 3-4 year old nursery places.
    The government have a responsibilty to provide a nursery place for every child, that can be in a private nursery, state nursery or childminder but there have to be enough spaces.

But if this is the future it'll be a scary place

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

did anyone else tick the 'very negative' button on most things??

i can't beleive this is seriously being considered.
    Marnie x

Post Thanks / Like

I have done it and forwarded the link onto other childminders.

Why, if this is so far down the line already, have NCMA only just decided to tell their members about it?

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Carol

I hear you but what about bias?? LA officials could have favourites, it could see some people either awarded better or weaker grades

What about repercussions for the LA staff, bit hard to track down a random from ofsted but facebook keeps giving me a suggested friend who is a network coi+rdinator might be easier to track down someone local

My big worry is loosing funding most of my wages come from the LA

@Miffy I think NCMA got wind of this when Wilmshaw slated CM's in parliament. I am sure that mans one and only purpose was to cut costs

I work damned hard over the past 4 years, I spent more time with my daughter when I was employed. I have built my business up to a level where it is out main source of income

I do not want lumping together with people who scrape satisfactory, I do not want to carry the inadequates.

I certainly do not want inspecting by someone from a childrens centre!!!

Very angry Donkey!!

Please please fill it in, lots of views only a few responses

I hope those viewing are filling it in!!!
    boo

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

all done and completely agree with your comments in the previous post Donkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post

@Miffy I think NCMA got wind of this when Wilmshaw slated CM's in parliament. I am sure that mans one and only purpose was to cut costs
    I'm sure it's a cost cutting exercise - we've heard so much about how much it costs to inspect cm's against inspecting nurseries - BUT is NCMA acting too late?

I hadn't heard anything about this until I saw your post but I read "Who Minds?", I go to local and regional meetings, I'm in touch with my DO but not a flippin whisper from anywhere.

All NCMA focus recently seems to have been on the proposals to widen membership and the next round of regional meetings it's discussing the proposed name changes - to me this is more important, but hey, what do I know?

I read somewhere recently there are 56,000 childminders in the country - that's plenty to make our voice heard!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a local meeting on Monday with the area senior project manager and the childminding development worker. Changes within LAs Childrens Centres and NCMA were discussed at length - but nothing at all about this. Fully intend to forward it to Do to forward to other minders - as I wouldnt be surprised if shes unaware of it too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    We had a local meeting on Monday with the area senior project manager and the childminding development worker. Changes within LAs Childrens Centres and NCMA were discussed at length - but nothing at all about this. Fully intend to forward it to Do to forward to other minders - as I wouldnt be surprised if shes unaware of it too!
    I am seeing my DO on Monday so will be mentioning this too.

I missed the Monday meeting but got feedback from others who were there and this was not mentioned.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

All done...deary me!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I am seeing my DO on Monday so will be mentioning this too.

I missed the Monday meeting but got feedback from others who were there and this was not mentioned.

Miffy xx
    Ive put a link to the survey on the main conversation board for ncma local and emailed my DO ( dont think we have the same one Miffy). I dont know whether to be more worried that the team are unaware of it , or that they have decided to keep it from us! They were happy to admit that they chose not to tell members that the main reason for 'diversifying' was financial incase we all jumped ship a la Northern Rock !

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Donkey;1091685]@ Carol

I hear you but what about bias?? LA officials could have favourites, it could see some people either awarded better or weaker grades

What about repercussions for the LA staff, bit hard to track down a random from ofsted but facebook keeps giving me a suggested friend who is a network coi+rdinator might be easier to track down someone local

My big worry is loosing funding most of my wages come from the LA

I suppose I was expecting professional people from LA to make informed judgements and professional childminders to take it on board
    I know funding for this idea would be an issue but we already have a fair quality control system in place in worcestershire( all be it a new system, designed with input from us) but only for accredited childminders.
    Carol x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Ive put a link to the survey on the main conversation board for ncma local and emailed my DO ( dont think we have the same one Miffy). I dont know whether to be more worried that the team are unaware of it , or that they have decided to keep it from us! They were happy to admit that they chose not to tell members that the main reason for 'diversifying' was financial incase we all jumped ship a la Northern Rock !
    Good idea about NCMA local.

Something tells me that we have not been told rather than they are not aware!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Post Thanks / Like

Completed.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Filled and forwarded x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Done.

Not happy at all

My parents and their children will suffer and so will my business.

I hope this all gets thrown out. Scarey

x
    Needs to Zumba

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast