claiming expensesfor playgroup
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default claiming expensesfor playgroup

Hi all was just wondering if anybody claims expenses for play groups ect. I know its only around a pound or so but soon adds up if you go a couple of times every week also...
    HOW??? as you dont tend to get a reciept from play groups.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

no receipt needed for under £10

they certainly add up
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you can claim for playgroups, and you don't need receipts for under £10 I just keep a note of dates for my ref ( I know a lot don't even do that )

Hope that helps
    Caz

may 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats great thank you so much

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone use the NCMA accounts book? For items under £10 what do you put in the receipt column?

Thanks

A.

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the NCMA accounts book and in the receipt column you leave blank if you have no receipt (ie its under £10 so you haven't kept it) and in the ones you have kept I number the receipt and then put the number in the receipt column, I then staple the receipt to the page so all together in an easy way if anyone ever needs to look at it.

aly Guest

i dont bother with receipt numbers....

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Perfect, thanks Veggie Sausage. I was wondering what to do with the receipts after I'd logged them all down, I like the idea of stapling them in.
    Do you normally use a book per financial year?

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBuds View Post
    Perfect, thanks Veggie Sausage. I was wondering what to do with the receipts after I'd logged them all down, I like the idea of stapling them in.
    Do you normally use a book per financial year?
    I used to use a book per year but found as i started in feb 1 year it was a waste, so i took the bind out of the book and holepunched all pages and use a lever arch now with seperaters for each year/

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd never thought of doing that - genius! thank you.

Non childminder member
    Accountant
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    I use the NCMA accounts book and in the receipt column you leave blank if you have no receipt (ie its under £10 so you haven't kept it) and in the ones you have kept I number the receipt and then put the number in the receipt column, I then staple the receipt to the page so all together in an easy way if anyone ever needs to look at it.
    This is an ideal way to keep your records - anyone in search of a good system should take note!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I number mine and write number in receipt column but then put them in an envelope - labelled with the financial year as long as I can find them if I ever need them and kept in the loft with all the books from 1994!
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our playgroup is happy to do a receipt for annual accounts - we just tell them how many sessions we want to go on the receipt!
    Most local cms do this , though I prefer to just do it weekly , no receipt needed.

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

The group I attend write me a reciept at the end of each school year for all the sessions I have attended! I then just have to log it in my accounts the once....yes I'm lazy like that!

I'm even worse with reciepts. Dont number them, just stick them in an envelope for each month and then I put all the envelopes and that years account book into a big plastic envelope. I am no where near organised enough to do anything more complex than that!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

BuggsieMoo Guest

This is exactly what I do as well and I highlight on the receipt what is cm expenses so its easy to cross reference back to instead of writing out each individual item x