Paid my tax online but still showing as outstanding?!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Paid my tax online but still showing as outstanding?!

I paid my tax 3 days ago, payment has cleared out of my account today but when I log into hmrc to check it is still showing as outstanding?

Just worry that im going to get a fine even though I have paid and then have taken the money!

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would leave it until tomorrow if still showing outstanding then give them a call but strongly suspect it will be sorted by then.

Cx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You are fined on the lodgement of the return not the payment of tax, although they will probably have something for that too

How did you pay? I do mine by billpay and it is usually showing within 2 days but dated the date I pay it
    Debbie

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So long as you can prove when you paid them either with a receipted bill or a copy of your bank statement then they shouldn't be able to give you a fine. It can take 3 days for a payment to get through the system depending on how you paid it or more if it was a cheque.

If it isn't showing as paid on Monday I'd give them a call but they will be busy as 31st Jan is looming and loads of people will be putting tax returns through so you may have to be patient! (not my virtue)

Sam

APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieS26 View Post
    You are fined on the lodgement of the return not the payment of tax, although they will probably have something for that too

How did you pay? I do mine by billpay and it is usually showing within 2 days but dated the date I pay it
    Yes I paid mine with bill pay - going to check it again.

Thanks everyone xx