Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Aghhh had my tax bill

This thread has reminded me I need to file my return still so today is operation taxman

I know my bill will be about £600 so I'm going to have to pay this years up front I've looked and looked and there is no way I can shave anymore off to get it below the £500

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roseybev View Post
    girls ive got a account man got his number from the scottish childminding mag he takes 70 a year .1 year i made 15000 and by the time he took everything of i never paid tax.he does everything for you you just give him all your rect,and figures,with your tax form and they do all the work.
    Thought I might try using someone next year I thought I had put through everything I could. I will need to spend more on resources - I really hate having to pay the Tax Man, would much rather spend it on the chldren!!!!!!!

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Stars View Post
    what is an e-savings account?
    its an account that you set up online. they send you the forms to sign and you send it back. it means that you cannot access it over the counter or via cash card. you would have to move it to a proper account to be able to get it out! its great as I cant just dip into it whilst out lol

what bank you with?

dec 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    This exact same thing happened to me last yr!!!!!!

So this year i sent mine off to an accountant, i earned roughly the same as last yr and had put a similar amount through in expenses, but in stead of having a £1200 tax bill, i had a £70 bill for accountant and no tax to pay!!!!!!

Well worth it, i highly reccomend it, i will deffo use him every yr from now on!!!
    How did that work then lou? lol x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend has been registered since Jan of this year. She is worried as she haven't had a tax return
    Last edited by debsthepixie; 09-05-2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: I put this orginally about myself it should have been on behalf of my friend

TheBTeam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I don't pay NI - I have an exemption certificate because I have children at home.

I checked my pension status very recently and it's not affected.

They try and frighten you into paying saying your pension entitlement might go down but that's certainly not the case for me.
    Thats interesting i knew the exemption could be used for class 2, but didn't even consider class 4, may be worth a pension check! Part of me figures that if you only get about £60 a week losing some isn't gonna make you poor cos on that amount you are poor anyway!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBTeam View Post
    Thats interesting i knew the exemption could be used for class 2, but didn't even consider class 4, may be worth a pension check! Part of me figures that if you only get about £60 a week losing some isn't gonna make you poor cos on that amount you are poor anyway!
    Class 4 isn't optional - sorry everyone pays 8% on profit after the allowance is deducted

There is a line in the tax return asking if you want to reduce your payment for next year but that may have been in the full return
    Debbie

TheBTeam Guest

My net profit was £7000 and i paid in the region of £200tax and £100 national insurance, and this was below the amount requiring any payment on account for next year.

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am at a bit of a loss as to why anyone pays tax? I would sooner spend the money on resources for the kids, or new prams etc than give it to the tax man. I have never paid tax and I intend never to pay tax.

I keep records of my accounts on a spread sheet so I know exactly where I am up to each month. This year I bought a Wii and Wii fit and also a camcorder and laptop so I didn't need to give my money to the tax man lol - all legitimate expenses for my business lol

I put everything through my books even the smallest of expenses.

Diane x

FEB 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :0)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by debsthepixie View Post
    yes I told them within in 3 weeks of Childminding I informed them online
    I had to keep on at them! It took ages for them to send it out and lots of different poeple telling me different things!

Completed mine now, I am putting away 20% of what i earn into an ISA! Will save that till my next bill and hopefully won't be one If I feel there will be in janaury, then I will go shopping for necessaties (sp) and if not then I can pay for a holiday instead!
    Donna -Thinks you are all fab! Even if I do say so myself!

May 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

At least you will have the comfort of knowing that your money is making a nice MP comfortable in their second home!!

Sue

sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm see mines confusing as i have 2 jobs! I too had a shock with my first bill which was over £1000 then had to pay on account for jan and july at £900 a time..still got to do this years actually!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234