Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tax Free Childcare payments

Does anyone know how long it takes from a parent paying to the childminder receiving a payment in their bank account when using the Tax Free Childcare scheme?

I had a parent use this for the first time, and she said she received a message stating "your childcare provider has been paid". I don't expect it to be instant, but am curious how long I need to wait.

I logged into my Tax Free Childcare account, expecting to be able to view pending transactions, like you can with childcare vouchers, but there is no such facility.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only had 2 payments so far. The first one didn't go through despite the parent getting a message saying it would be with me within 2-3 working days. After 10 days she checked the account again to find it was still sat there. It had never even left her account. Then she couldn't find out how to send it again. She'd been logging in on her phone but there was no facility to send it. She had to log on on a laptop to do that. After that it took about 3 days to come through.

The following month it went through smoothly and was in my account on the 3rd day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this month

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There's a post on the fb group saying if the payment was due to be made on a day that falls on the weekend, the payment is due on the same day the following month - so due Oct 1st (Sunday) will be made on Nov 1st (Wednesday)

Parent has to log into their account and authorise the payment.

It's happened to loads of people apparently

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    There's a post on the fb group saying if the payment was due to be made on a day that falls on the weekend, the payment is due on the same day the following month - so due Oct 1st (Sunday) will be made on Nov 1st (Wednesday)

Parent has to log into their account and authorise the payment.

It's happened to loads of people apparently
    It's rubbish, isn't it?

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. The TFC payment came through this morning.

I'm getting paranoid cos I've even had issues with previously problem-free things. I have a missing voucher payment this month. Mum has logged in and shown me she transferred the vouchers to my account correctly, but it hasn't even shown up in my voucher account, never mind the bank.

Another mum has tried to register for the 30 hours in time for next term. She was shocked to find it linked to TFC, and the site won't let her register unless she opts out of childcare vouchers and opts in to TFC. DD comes here as well as nursery, and she needs free hours plus some paid-for hours. She wants to continue paying with CVs as they offer better savings, but it looks like she's going to be forced to opt out of CVs in order to register for 30 hours.

Do you think they could make it any more confusing for working parents?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a parent who pays with childcare vouchers and also uses some of her 30 hours here , she hasn't had to change to Tfc . She's due to go back on and reconfirmed her eligibility for the funding , wonder if she'll be prompted to change then!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my parents is having real problems with TFC and the 30 hours.

She initially set up an account last June and received a code for the 30 hours for her son. It all went through really easily, except her son wasn't old enough so shouldn't have been given a code!

She went on again last month to apply for another code and to set up the TFC. The elder son will be eligible for his 30 hours next term and she wanted to use the TFC for their younger child. She followed all the instructions to the letter only to get a message saying she didn't qualify for TFC and giving her a 30 hours code for her 17 month old!!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a new parent say that she tried to log on to pay me last Friday but the website was down - I haven't checked bank account yet to see if she has paid (child only attends on a Friday), but I haven't had an email like I normally do with voucher payments, do they send emails or not?

I think I should text parent to see if she has managed to pay but don't want to bother her if she has - I'm no good at on-line banking so I have to wait for my husband to give me list of who has paid and who hasn't.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I haven't had an email like I normally do with voucher payments, do they send emails or not?
    No, they don't. You don't get any notification and nothing shows up on your TFC account. You just have to wait until the money reaches your bank account.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I had a new parent say that she tried to log on to pay me last Friday but the website was down - I haven't checked bank account yet to see if she has paid (child only attends on a Friday), but I haven't had an email like I normally do with voucher payments, do they send emails or not?

I think I should text parent to see if she has managed to pay but don't want to bother her if she has - I'm no good at on-line banking so I have to wait for my husband to give me list of who has paid and who hasn't.
    No email. You get nothing until it shows in your bank account. The item will be referenced with a code. This starts with the payer's first initial and first three letters of their surname, and ends with TFC.