Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Default simplified mileage calculation

Hello,
    I choose to use simplified mileage calculation to claim for car expenses. I am confused now how to show this mileages from trip? Can I claim miles to returning back home? Sorry for this disturbing,I just want to know that I am doing ok,and don't claim too much..how others is doing this calculation?

Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone help with this stupid question...please

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes you can claim return mileage - so if you go somewhere 5 miles away you put 10x45p = £4.50 into your accounts. I enter it into my accounts as 'Trip to x park' 10 miles £4.50 x
    x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I claim for all mileage for journeys I do during working hours - whether it is an actual outing or a trip to town to take back MY library books or buy milk for MY cuppa as all trips can be made into learning experiences - and yes I claim for travelling back home too!

Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for advice! I claimed for the last year only one way if I claim this year for 2 ways,is that looks ok for hmrc if I claim this years more mileage for the same park as last year? hope somebody understand what I want to ask

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kristinutem View Post
    Thank you for advice! I claimed for the last year only one way if I claim this year for 2 ways,is that looks ok for hmrc if I claim this years more mileage for the same park as last year? hope somebody understand what I want to ask
    Yes, if it is all honest and written down that is fine. If you are ever asked you can explain your mistake in the previous year- that kind of thing happens all the time as we realise we can claim for things we didn't think of before.

Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you,that's really helped to me,and I could be calm now about that and one more question, I am going to the school everyday with car,to bring my sun and chilminder to the school,can I claim for this miles??

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kristinutem View Post
    Thank you,that's really helped to me,and I could be calm now about that and one more question, I am going to the school everyday with car,to bring my sun and chilminder to the school,can I claim for this miles??
    Not so easy to say- you would be driving the journey anyway for your own son. I would not feel right claiming that, if it was me.

Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes,its looks better don't claim for these miles