New Car
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: New Car

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default New Car

    I'm buying a second hand S-Max for work. I will solely use it for childminding. It's costing over £10,000 and I'd like to put it through expenses. I don't do that many miles so it probably isn't worth me claiming the 45p a mile. How do I work out how much to claim using the other method?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries


    You are allowed to put through a percentage of the cost of the car each year as a capital allowance. How much you can put through depends on the vehicle emissions and is on HMRC site somewhere. If it is used 100% for minding you can put all other costs through but you will need to keep a record of mileages and if you use the car for personal ever you need to record it. If you claim it through your accounts it becomes a business asset and when you sell it you will have to put whatever you get for it through your accounts as income.

    Claim capital allowances - GOV.UK



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links


You can also find us on:
New Car New Car New Car

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of