Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ni payment

Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ni payment

Hi. Last tax year I had a good income. However during the summer I lost 2/3 of my income. I've done my tax return and I'm not sure I can afford the ni class 2 and 3 payment by the end of January. Would they allow me to pay half one month and half the following month? Or spread it out.? I've sorted for April's 2016-2017 tax year. And no how much I have to save to pay for that. Any help appreciated. X

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by It's a small world View Post
    Hi. Last tax year I had a good income. However during the summer I lost 2/3 of my income. I've done my tax return and I'm not sure I can afford the ni class 2 and 3 payment by the end of January. Would they allow me to pay half one month and half the following month? Or spread it out.? I've sorted for April's 2016-2017 tax year. And no how much I have to save to pay for that. Any help appreciated. X
    I don't know, but give them a call and sort it out. I'm sure you are allowed to set up payment plans.

Hugs.

3. Likes hectors house liked this post
    June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

I don't know, but give them a call and sort it out. I'm sure you are allowed to set up payment plans.

Hugs.
    Thank you x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by It's a small world View Post
    Thank you x
    I was just looking at the National Insurance contributions as like you I cannot afford to pay them in one go as my earnings this year have only been 5500. I have opted not to pay voluntary contributions this year, as far as I have read I can top up any I missed going back 6 years... However the Government has announced that Class 2 NIC will be abolished in April 2018

You need to make 35 years of full national insurance contributions to be entitled to a full state pension and any related benefits

Maternity allowance
    Contribution-based jobseeker's allowance
    Contribution-based employment and support allowance
    Widowed parent's allowance
    Basic state pension
    New flat-rate state pension
    Bereavement benefits

You can check your national insurance record here Check your National Insurance record - GOV.UK

You can get some information about class 2 Ni here National Insurance - GOV.UK

If you are still unsure I would call HMRC