Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Expenses!

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Expenses!

Filling in Morton michel accounts, for expenses do I need to write each day and child's meal cost, or could I just put total number of meals per child in one line for the whole month?
    Does it matter? I would rather count number of days I had child xxxx that month, I've worked out average cost of food per day, and would like to enter that amount for each child for the month but don't want to do all that then have to redo it!
    Help much appreciated, I thought I wouldn't have to put expenses through as we are remortgaging, but turns out my current lender have seen sense and will switch us to the new low fixed rate without any proof of income for me as we've had no probs meeting payments while I've been minding, but it means I have to do a year's worth of expenses for my accounts and tax return...!

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it is the tax man only are interested in the annual figures. Whether you add it up daily, weekly monthly, quarterly is up to you, as long as you have evidence to back it up if you are ever investigated by HMRC (receipts, typical meal costs etc)

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Perfect I hoped someone would say that, I have registers with days the children were with me, so am going to put total number of days for each child, and I've worked out average breakfast/lunch/snack/dinner prices so a different day total for each child as they all have different hours...I have 10 part time children on roll all doing different days and times...was dreading having to list each day's separately!