Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No fee due as a good will gesture

Hi
    I have a parent who pays in advance.
    I provided an extra hour and a half care above the normal contract at short notice.
    Parent wanted to pay me of course.
    This parent has recently done me a favour by being flexible with their hours/days to help one of my other parents.
    I have told her as a goodwill gesture that no fee is now due for the extra hour and a half.
    So what do I do?
    Do I just put the hours she has had and the fee (which now has an hour and a half discrepancy) or do I just put it in out of my own money.
    I don't want Inland revenue thinking I'm doing something wrong if ever they should check my books.
    Thanks

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you lay out your invoices? I have contracted hours at the top and then a box underneath for extras. I would write in there the date and times as extra and then in the amount box I would write "0" with a covering note saying as discussed I have waivered the fee for extra time this month. Does that help?

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samb View Post
    How do you lay out your invoices? I have contracted hours at the top and then a box underneath for extras. I would write in there the date and times as extra and then in the amount box I would write "0" with a covering note saying as discussed I have waivered the fee for extra time this month. Does that help?
    It's the record of payment in the PACEY account book that I'm wondering about with the fee's and that it won't tally up with the attendance register of the child's hours

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My parents pay in advance.
    My pacey attendance record is purely that. It bares no relation to fees paid! If a child is absent I do write 'child absent full fee due' or 'childminder away no fee' but I don't make it tally with fees. I put notes on each months invoice regarding extra fees or refunds due.

I don't keep the record of payment paid in my attendance record. I have my own that each month lists fees paid.

5. Likes rickysmiths, Tulip, Maza liked this post
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Bet you have a good working relationship with his parent. It's so nice to see how both parent and cm can help each other out little things and it makes such a huge difference
    Tess1981

7. Likes Tulip liked this post
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    My parents pay in advance.
    My pacey attendance record is purely that. It bares no relation to fees paid! If a child is absent I do write 'child absent full fee due' or 'childminder away no fee' but I don't make it tally with fees. I put notes on each months invoice regarding extra fees or refunds due.

I don't keep the record of payment paid in my attendance record. I have my own that each month lists fees paid.
    Thanks Loocyloo, thats helpful. I think I will keep a seperate record of what's been paid and add notes to it if necessary as in this particular case

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    Bet you have a good working relationship with his parent. It's so nice to see how both parent and cm can help each other out little things and it makes such a huge difference
    Yes thats right tess, because this mum changed one of her days it has allowed me to take another child on. I would certainly been willing to help her out if needed

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't need to do anything.
    Debbie

11. Likes Tulip liked this post
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post