book keeping online?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default book keeping online?

I have my pre reg visit on Tuesday eek! and have got a mindee starting a couple of weeks later. I am clueless when it comes to book keeping. Does anyone use anything online that they just update once a month? What is involved?

Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep all my receipts, bank statements etc and hand it all in to my accountant every January - much easier !

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 2lovelygirls View Post
    I have my pre reg visit on Tuesday eek! and have got a mindee starting a couple of weeks later. I am clueless when it comes to book keeping. Does anyone use anything online that they just update once a month? What is involved?

Thanks
    You run a small business so you record what comes in...called the turnover...from which you deduct your expenses to run the settings and the free allowances
    What is left is your profit on which you pay tax if you go over a certain amount
    You would also need to pay NI as self employed...that is usually set up by Direct Debit

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use this Excel account that Happytoddlers shared with us http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...-workbook.html.
    It works out percentages against hours worked and adds everything up for you. I try to update everyweek sometimes every day if I get a chance that way it only takes minutes not ages

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the excel one from Happytoddlers too, it's fantastic and so easy to use, she did say that there will be a new one on here for 14/15 it is well worth having a look
    Cath

June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2014 - 2015 Accounts File Download

Please download the Book keeping files from..

www.horrod.com/Accounts201415.xls for excel 97-03
    www.horrod.com/Accounts201415.xlsx for later versions

Thanks all!

7. Likes Rick liked this post
    Mar 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by happytoddlers View Post
    Please download the Book keeping files from.. www.horrod.com/Accounts201415.xls for excel 97-03 www.horrod.com/Accounts201415.xlsx for later versions Thanks all!
    Hi happy toddlers, I have downloaded the new one and an having issues with the hours column?? Whenever I input hours it changes then to 07:12? Xx

June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR23 View Post
    Hi happy toddlers, I have downloaded the new one and an having issues with the hours column?? Whenever I input hours it changes then to 07:12? Xx
    Hi! Sorry for the late reply. Make sure you use a colon ':' when entering the time. Make sure you don'[t use a decimal point. Hope this helps!

Thanks