Couple of queries....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Couple of queries....

I am due to start cm'ing on monday and trying to get my head around accounts. I was going to go with an accountant but think I could probably manage on my own with the help of my mother in law if need be. Does anyone have a spreadsheet set up for recording income/expenses etc that they wouldn't mind sending me, or tell me where I can find one? I've got the SCMA cashbook and attendance register but there's not anywhere to list all my starting up costs or things like ink for printer etc? It just says to write the child's name and the expenses I've incurred each week for that child....maybe I'm just being stupid though

Also, what do you all put on receipts for parents? I have my first little one settling in tomorrow so want to give mum a receipt to say I've received deposit? I'm tempted to buy one of those duplicate or triplicate books to do invoices and receipts or I'm going to use a lot of ink as parents pay weekly....

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey sprinkles

I use the Scma cash book and register too and I just used the first couple of pages of the weekly expenses and where it says date I just write pre-reg expenses.

Xx

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HMRC told me to write Start-up costs on the first line of the accounts book and the total of everything combined. They said to keep the start-up cost receipts separate in an envelope marked start up costs. I also did a full list of the costs and put it in the envelope with the start-up costs receipts.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend you use the Pacey (old NCMA) accounts book for the first year. It gives you a good layout to follow and online information about what you can claim and percentages.

There are a few online packages about that I believe you pay for.
    Debbie

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    HMRC told me to write Start-up costs on the first line of the accounts book and the total of everything combined. They said to keep the start-up cost receipts separate in an envelope marked start up costs. I also did a full list of the costs and put it in the envelope with the start-up costs receipts.
    So you put the total of all start up costs on the first line and kept those receipts separate? So, is that everything I've bought to start - even things like arts and crafts bits and pieces? And then you listed them individually and put them in with the receipts?

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    So you put the total of all start up costs on the first line and kept those receipts separate? So, is that everything I've bought to start - even things like arts and crafts bits and pieces? And then you listed them individually and put them in with the receipts?
    Yes everything bought before you actually start looking after a child. Don't forget your mileages to pre-reg training courses. I was told to list them all and keep them with first year accounts but in a separate envelope IYSWIM.

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    Yes everything bought before you actually start looking after a child. Don't forget your mileages to pre-reg training courses. I was told to list them all and keep them with first year accounts but in a separate envelope IYSWIM.
    Fab, thanks

PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I havnt used anyone elses books etc, just set up my own spreadsheet.. Basically

Down the side
    All areas of cost listed
    Fuel, stationary, food, toys, books, etc etc

Across the top
    Week numbers (week 1 1st april)

At the bottom i list each childs name and then in the week box write what the payment was (usually split from monthly pay)

I keep all my receipts and then at the end of the week i add them all onto the spreadsheet.

When i go on a trip i rite my milage.

If you go onto hmrc you can get a childminder booklet on tax and it lists how much you can claim back for gas, electric, furniture etc based on weekly hours worked.

Hope this helps x

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyjenbo View Post
    Hi,
    I havnt used anyone elses books etc, just set up my own spreadsheet.. Basically

Down the side
    All areas of cost listed
    Fuel, stationary, food, toys, books, etc etc

Across the top
    Week numbers (week 1 1st april)

At the bottom i list each childs name and then in the week box write what the payment was (usually split from monthly pay)

I keep all my receipts and then at the end of the week i add them all onto the spreadsheet.

When i go on a trip i rite my milage.

If you go onto hmrc you can get a childminder booklet on tax and it lists how much you can claim back for gas, electric, furniture etc based on weekly hours worked.

Hope this helps x
    Oh, thanks. I will look on hmrc website tomorrow I'm planning on just using my own spreadsheet too but no idea how to set it out haha x

PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, thanks. I will look on hmrc website tomorrow I'm planning on just using my own spreadsheet too but no idea how to set it out haha x
    If you can't find the info or are having trouble setting up a spreadsheet let me know and i'll try and send you copies. X

11. Likes sprinkles liked this post
    Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyjenbo View Post
    If you can't find the info or are having trouble setting up a spreadsheet let me know and i'll try and send you copies. X
    If you could send me a copy of a spreadsheet that would be really fab I've got qualifications in Admin but I suck at setting up spreadsheets etc lol x

PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

If you could send me a copy of a spreadsheet that would be really fab I've got qualifications in Admin but I suck at setting up spreadsheets etc lol x
    Hi, hav u got a fb page for ur setting, just trying to think of a way of contacting i as i can't upload onto here from my fone! :-(... Or u could find my setting on fb noahs ark childminding services (its the one with the bright coloured ark (pg and group) and i can chat to u through that? If u cant find it i also have a cake decorating page called its a cake bling. Jen (jazzyjenbo) x