I need some advise
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I need some advise

Hi, I am new on this site. My background is finance but I gave up as my daughter was seriously ill and I had to stay home. In mean time I was looking after some children and dropped them to school and picked them up . Now I am thinking to be a child minder but I don't know which course do I need to take and what will be the process?? do you think if I start now will I be ready for September2013?? many thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome

You need to contact your local council's Family Information Centre (FIS) to find out about the registration process in your area. They will advise you of the course for your local area and how to get on it. If you are in England there are a lot of possible changes that may happen around Sept 2013.

The process and length of time varies depending on your area but it can take anything from 3 months to a year to register. In my area it is a year!

Good luck

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. Great advice from Tulip.

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Tulip is right, it can take ages. My council only run 2 sessions a year, September and April. If your council is the same then you might have to wait. I started in September and was registered in January, however I did do everything as soon as I could and I was the first to do so. I think September is cutting it close. Call your council this morning and get the ball rolling.

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would call your council ASAP I was lucky and was registered within three months whilst my sister who lives in a completely different council is still going through it all 8 months on