tax credits need advice
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default tax credits need advice

Hi new here I only worked 6 weeks in last tax year so didnt contact them yet and ive made a loss anyway. But I will need to speak to them and inform about self employed. What do I tell them is my expected wage income as I am currently on maternity leave and not working and wont be until July. I have parents wanting spaces come September do I work out the possible hours they want and what I would earn.
    My question is I thought you only tell tax credits 1/3 of your income or did I dream this. So if I earn 4000.00 between September and April do I tell them I will earn 1333.00 around that figure. Help I need to get this right as it effects our house hold income.

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RachaelStevens View Post
    Hi new here I only worked 6 weeks in last tax year so didnt contact them yet and ive made a loss anyway. But I will need to speak to them and inform about self employed. What do I tell them is my expected wage income as I am currently on maternity leave and not working and wont be until July. I have parents wanting spaces come September do I work out the possible hours they want and what I would earn.
    My question is I thought you only tell tax credits 1/3 of your income or did I dream this. So if I earn 4000.00 between September and April do I tell them I will earn 1333.00 around that figure. Help I need to get this right as it effects our house hold income.
    Im not sure what figure you need to work out for tax credits with your maternity etc.

However I do know its not a third of your income but the whole amount. If you were to tell them a 1/3 you will be having a major over repayment which you would have to pay back.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

Im not sure what figure you need to work out for tax credits with your maternity etc.

However I do know its not a third of your income but the whole amount. If you were to tell them a 1/3 you will be having a major over repayment which you would have to pay back.
    Ok think it may have been from when I was on income support and living alone. They said something about 1/3 of income. The worry is I may earn 4000.00 but yhat would be before my deductions and expenses do I still say 4000.00 then or try to work out what might be left.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I claim working and child tax credits and they told me that they need my estimated profit, not the total income. I rang them up and said I expect to take £6000 and they only put £2000 down as earnings as that's what I thought my profit would be after I have claimed all available expenses back x

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry I meant your figure after expenses etc
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door