Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

the links that have been posted in the thread??
    boo

Non childminder member
    Accountant
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    anyone thinking that they are trying to force self employed people into not claiming?????
    Well not exactly force but it is government policy (and may also become opposition policy) that for people that are capable of full time work, claiming Universal Credit should only be a temporary situation until they establish themselves in full time employment and/or self employment earning enough to support themselves.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for this thread, I came on here to post my concerns, but have now subscribed here. Although my income this year was ok, after all expenses, wear and tear set up costs etc, I did not even make a profit, £84 loss from childminding, and earned £890 for employment.

I work my back side off, and I fear that I am going to be treated like i don't by the powers that be. I am single so no second income. I can see me having to give up childminding if this is implemented as is, as I am unsure after expenses if I would make the £938 profit per month

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Im really worried about this and although I was up to speed on universal credit I somehow missed the minimum wage floor

Im a single parent of a 6 yr old

*****mind 65 hours a week and my profit this year was about 9k

so do I have this right , until my son is 6 , it will be assumed that my min inc floor is 16hrs x minimum wage = 4.7k

after which my floor will be 35hrs x min wage = 21k....erm thats a joke right ?

and to top it off they are removing wear and tear and percentage of bills for expenses purposes

what planet do these people live on

Im sure theres a conspiracy to rid the country of childminders and build a super nursery in each town where parents can dump their kids for £2 an hour

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix2010 View Post
    Im really worried about this and although I was up to speed on universal credit I somehow missed the minimum wage floor

Im a single parent of a 6 yr old

*****mind 65 hours a week and my profit this year was about 9k

so do I have this right , until my son is 6 , it will be assumed that my min inc floor is 16hrs x minimum wage = 4.7k

after which my floor will be 35hrs x min wage = 21k....erm thats a joke right ?

and to top it off they are removing wear and tear and percentage of bills for expenses purposes

what planet do these people live on

Im sure theres a conspiracy to rid the country of childminders and build a super nursery in each town where parents can dump their kids for £2 an hour
    I too am still trying to get my head around it.

I think you may have done a miscalculation though on full time hours. The minimum wage currently is £6.19 oh. So the annuall amount would be just over £11k. Although saying this I certaintly don't earn that amount a year.

When does this all come into play for current claimants?

6. Likes MrAnchovy liked this post
    aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

oh yeh , thanks , not sure where i got 21k from and i did it twice

I still dont earn 10.3k after expenses and I work all the hours

but I suppose if you take away the wear and tear and bills allowances then it may well push it up to that

but that is with me working about 60 hours a week , alot of that unsociable hours too

I guess its assumed that self employed people dont have a life then ? and just live to work like its some kind of choice

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that I read yesterday Universal credit is being trialled in the Manchester area right about now and rolled out over the rest of the country over the next few years

I dont see how we can report monthly income and outgoings either , what alot of extra work both for us and for them having to constantly recalculate our credit and change our payments month by month , the yearly submission of figires and subsequent adjustment work really well as far as i can see

I used to work mainly term time only and so I hardly earnt anything in August , but it would still be assumed that I did for credit purposes , this is only going to push more and more people into poverty

Non childminder member
    Accountant
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentTink View Post
    When does this all come into play for current claimants?
    All they are saying is "by 2017".

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like we will need two jobs just to get by! Work all day as a CM and then work in the evenings and weekends to make ends meet. They might as well open Victorian Workhouses next!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

11. Likes The Juggler liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12