Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: milk

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default milk

hi i am new to childminding and still getting my head around everything! am i right now in thinking i have to buy milk now for my undrr 5's put it through my books then credit it back? seeing as all the companies who used to deal with it either have gone bust or dont deal with cms anymore? thanks x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suziealderton View Post
    hi i am new to childminding and still getting my head around everything! am i right now in thinking i have to buy milk now for my undrr 5's put it through my books then credit it back? seeing as all the companies who used to deal with it either have gone bust or dont deal with cms anymore? thanks x
    That's how I do it, I use our milkman just for CM milk, which keeps it simple and separate, with online invoices which are easy to check and download so no paper receipts to keep at all.

I claim monthly on-line with Nursery Milk (the gov organisation to claim the money back).

I like to support our local milkman but can't afford it for our own family milk, he delivers very reliably, I book and pay for it all on-line, and it comes in nice eco-friendly glass bottles and good organic British milk!

In my NCMA accounts book I just note the total £ in and out on my months overview page.

It is much easier than when I was using a certain company which was meant to deliver free milk but rarely delivered at all.

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post

That's how I do it, I use our milkman just for CM milk, which keeps it simple and separate, with online invoices which are easy to check and download so no paper receipts to keep at all.

I claim monthly on-line with Nursery Milk (the gov organisation to claim the money back).

I like to support our local milkman but can't afford it for our own family milk, he delivers very reliably, I book and pay for it all on-line, and it comes in nice eco-friendly glass bottles and good organic British milk!

In my NCMA accounts book I just note the total £ in and out on my months overview page.

It is much easier than when I was using a certain company which was meant to deliver free milk but rarely delivered at all.
    thanks moggy x

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I use cool milk and they havent let me down yet, not to say they wont but my milk is on my doorstep before I get up.

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post
    I have to say I use cool milk and they havent let me down yet, not to say they wont but my milk is on my doorstep before I get up.
    dont think they are taking any more cm applications :-(

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with cool milk too and they have been fab but a fellow cm told me last week there not taking in any more cm at mo

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suziealderton View Post

dont think they are taking any more cm applications :-(
    Thats a big shame as theyve been brill for me

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post

I do the same with WFRU and the money is in the bank within 3 days
    Debbie

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always just used NMRU claim on line and get it back in bank in a few days. On one day a week when I only have one child till 11am I pop to Iceland do my shop. They pack and deliver it between 5-7 and job done. I have a serperate fridge in the garage and store my milk there.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

apr1998
    Post Thanks / Like

Default milk.

I had a phone call from cool milk this afternoon asking me to join them .

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

NRMU and my local milkman is who I use too - I made a claim the other day for last month and NRMU have sent me an e-mail asking that I send them my invoice to prove I'm paying the price I told them as it's high! Yes I know it's high compared to a shop but it's very handy to have the milk delivered to the door plus it supports a local business. Has anyone else had this happen? I've been claiming for years and never had to prove anything before - mind you it is 71p per pint and the price has gone up loads in the last year.....

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funemnx View Post
    NRMU and my local milkman is who I use too - I made a claim the other day for last month and NRMU have sent me an e-mail asking that I send them my invoice to prove I'm paying the price I told them as it's high! Yes I know it's high compared to a shop but it's very handy to have the milk delivered to the door plus it supports a local business. Has anyone else had this happen? I've been claiming for years and never had to prove anything before - mind you it is 71p per pint and the price has gone up loads in the last year.....
    Yes, first time I claimed from Nursery Milk with milkman bill I had to submit invoice for checking, but from then on I have not had to. Invoice from milkman is a download pdf, so very easy to email into Nursery Milk anyway.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

crikey - I pay .49p
    Debbie

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohh I love this forum. I didn't know milk could be claimed back for mindees.