Do you use an account book?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you use an account book?

I am just about to sign up my first mindee since registering in March 2012 . I am just wondering do you use an account book to record all expenses etc?? I hate the financial side and am trying to find the easiest way of recording it all. I have receipts and lists for start up costs and what I have spent on toys, equipment etc but want to put it somewhere where everything is together and in one place..easier to find then lol. If you use an account book, what one do you use or do you make your own? If someone could show me what they use that would be great thanks

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do I use the NCMA one and have for the last 18yrs. Works great. If you google NCMA, click on Shop and Paperwork you will see an example.

I can't do a link because the all new style forum won't let me

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the NCMA one, even though I worked in accountancy for years I found this so easy to use - as you say, everything is in one place and easy to find.

BucksCM Guest

I have an A4 diary that I use day to day to write expenses/mileage etc in and store the day to day receipts and then I transfer it all to the NCMA accounts book too.
    I too, have used them for the last 18 years! They are simple and easy to use.

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I also use the NCMA accounts book, also tried to do link but it came up with stars? Hx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to use the ncma accounts book and it is very easy to use - I'm trying this year to do my own on a spreadsheet on computer, as I found the NCMA one being weekly was very repetitive for things I do or pay out for on a weekly basis like petrol, toddlers, food for mindees - although I don't suppose it would matter if you just entered it monthly - that is what I had already started to do for council tax/ water / heating & light - I do know people who calculate those items yearly and just enter them at end of tax year.

As you are new to this though I would still recommend the NCMA accounts book.

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone use or has use the MM accounts forms? Which one is better NCMA or MM accounts forms/ book?

june 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Lisa Finlay accounts book, adds everything up for you

Ziller